The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,184 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Butti wrote: »
    No more bumble bees and no more flies.
    Got my PPI form back as I was too excited to remember to sign it - DOH! :o

Going to plan out my budget for the month and try to keep it tight. Can then plan the removal of a credit card.

Numpty:p :rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Butti
    Butti Posts: 5,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Mortgage down again today £63,661. Interest dropping too!
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. DEBT FREE APRIL 2021.
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • beanielou
    Hurrah:j. :j :j.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Butti
    edited 5 July 2018 at 11:13PM
    Having a fairly quiet time of it at the moment. Have applied tonight for a promotion at work. We shall see what happens.

Also working through my issues. Have started intensively doing the psychological work. This involves daily;
    2 perfect parent hynosis
    1 mental toughness hypnosis
    Multiple hand nemonics - can do them in half a minute
    1 sit down with pen and paper to do emotional literacy

Really feel like I am starting to get somewhere.
    Particularly enjoy telling the Inner Critic to p*ss off. The Inner Critic is that voice in your head (if you had a lot of negativity in your childhood) which tells you "You can't do that" "You're useless" "They all hate you" etc.etc.etc.

Speaking of which, better do the 5 minute one and then go to bed.
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • Butti
    edited 5 July 2018 at 11:20PM
    ...and went out for my birthday with my friends. Some of them are losing their shine since I started to get my sh*t together.

See what you think of this moneysaving

We went out to our favourite Indian restaurant. Somewhere where the service is always good and they are always nice to us, the sort of place where you IDEALLY should want to build a bit of loyalty / rappor. When we got to the end of the meal and it appeared we had tipped £1.40 in total I got a bit irritated and quized them.
    "Well I put in 50p" said one.
    "I've tipped 35p"

I really struggle with the concept of owning a 35 pence tip! :eek::eek::eek:
    Just speechless.
    48% off mortgage

• Yikes, a £1.40 tip!! Seems stingy to me especially if the service and food are on point. Did they cough up more after the quizzing?
    Mortgage balance October 2015: £99875 Mortgage balance June 2023: £69999.40
  • Butti
    No!!! Me and the other friend put more in and I made a mental note about how I am going to be more generous in future.....and go out for fewer meals with them!
    48% off mortgage

• beanielou
    That was so mean of them!

• julicorn
    julicorn Posts: 2,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Best of luck with your promotion, fingers crossed! :heart2:
    Original mortgage: December 2017, £203,495
    MFW start: April 2018, £201,800
    Mortgage neutral: September 2022, mortgage redeemed: December 2022
    New house, new mortgage: December 2022, £276,007
    Current balance: £217,800 minus £8,300 overpayment savings pot
  • Butti
    julicorn wrote: »
    Best of luck with your promotion, fingers crossed! :heart2:

We shall see. I've got a job so i'm just going to go for the interview and see how it goes. I've had a bit wobble today for basically no good reason so I should just prepare and try. Even if I don't get it something should come out of it. Plus I have another interview lined up in about a couple of weeks.

In other more important news ...I think my voice has changed over the last few months and I appear to have a lump on my neck. Going to try and do that ringing in thing on Thursday at 8.30am
    48% off mortgage

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback