The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt

Options

Comments

• Butti
    Butti Posts: 5,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    So ......still pondering where to move the remaining debt from the Halifax. Currently have two 0% offers on the table from Barclaycard and Santander.

Have also had a bit of a busy week. Slightly surreal actually.

Had my bike stolen on Saturday, which is not great timing (if there is ever great timing) as I do a two day bike ride in about 3-4 weeks time. The good news is that I did put it on the house insurance after the 1 year insurance deal ended so I am getting £150 back. The better news is that I'm getting £1k for a PPI claim :T:T:T
    So I think we'll be able to buy a bike this week and pay my Halifax off or thereabouts.

Training on my 30 year old 6 gear bike until then. I'm going to have leg muscles like Chris Hoy at this rate.

So pleased they didn't steal my friends bike. That would have been horrific. They took mine first and we think they were about to come back for hers.
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. DEBT FREE APRIL 2021.
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,271 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Bad news on the bike.
    But excellent news on the PPI.
    Hope you are going to treat yourself to celebrate your PPI success.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Butti
    Options
    I went into Monsoon today Beanie to buy a red shrug (something I actually need) and came out with a dress and a shrug!!! It does look very good though.

But that is enough for now. Debt payment and bike payment will do fine thank you.

Mortgage is down to £64,203 which does blow my head a bit.

Right, five minutes meditation and then bed. New neighbours next door - hope the toddler doesn't sound like he's being tortured at 4am tonight. I need my sleep!
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • Butti
    Options
    Time to ask for my exit codes from Virgin Media I think. My broadband, TV and telephone monthly bill is now coming to £61 per month.

Plus once I've got meditation, spanish, cycling and overall reading out of the way plus a job there's no time to watch telly! Particularly once I have fitted in a couple of trips to the pub!
    48% off mortgage

• newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,941 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi butti your name seems familiar, all the best with the new diary :)
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • beanielou
    Options
    Butti wrote: »
    Time to ask for my exit codes from Virgin Media I think. My broadband, TV and telephone monthly bill is now coming to £61 per month.

Plus once I've got meditation, spanish, cycling and overall reading out of the way plus a job there's no time to watch telly! Particularly once I have fitted in a couple of trips to the pub!

Don’t forget your trips to the pub :D
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Butti
    Options
    So I've been watching a mini -video on self sabotage (are they actually video's these days or something else).

It was talking about how if you have a parent who is;

critical :whistle:
    bullying :whistle:
    judgemental :whistle:
    a perfectionist :whistle:

You will have the metacommunication "Do well"
    and the implicit communication " Don't do too well"

Leading to;

Neurotic levels of procrastination!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

That made me laugh and made me wonder if the presenter had actually met my father
    48% off mortgage

• Butti
    Options
    Are there any broadband /TV/phone suppliers you would recommend, or conversely not recommend.

My conversation with Virgin Media - asking about leaving got me down from £64 (which it will be in about a fortnights time) to £52 for a year. Hardly set my pants on fire!

Think I will need to up the anti (or is it auntie?)

Also in todays news I have spent a significant sum of money :eek::eek::eek:

Bought a bike £465. Hopefully this one will stay with me for as long as the 30 year old 6 gear one! Picking it up tomorrow and taking it up the local steep hill!
    48% off mortgage

• mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 7,924 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I love whimsical so I am going to subscribe and let the whimsy take me. Not so keen on waterbeds or debt I have to say. But 1 out of 3 aint bad

on the MSE side, I am just working on the debt (CC and Car Loan) and making OK if not stellar progress, whilst the mortgage comes down slowly but surely but not overpaid
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • beanielou
    Options
    Good news on the bike :)

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback