'Why are women too scared to poo?' blog discussion

Options

Comments

• Smiley_Mum
    Smiley_Mum Posts: 3,836 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Didn't Gino DiCampo say that he would hate to ever hear his wife fart in front of him. Things must be difficult for her then, if she isn't even allowed to fart near him. She'd farted twice near him or something since they'd been together. I think I#d rather tolerate someone fart in front of me than guzzle a big rat. Bleeeuch.
    “Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde
  • JDPower
    JDPower Posts: 1,673 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Silverbird wrote: »
    it's a shame to be honest for those, such as myself, with bowel diseases. I sometimes think that people I have told about my illness for whatever reason would prefer I had a 3rd nipple or an STI rather than a bowel disease.
    Don't worry, the people that know you soon get desensitised to it ;) (I've had active Crohns for 10 years now).

As a bloke, and I think this is where it's worse for men, it's the vile state of most loos in this country. As I said, I have Crohns so have no option of holding on and it's disgraceful that we are expected to use public lavatories in the state that most are in (and I have HAD to go in some horrendous toilets). Add to that the fact that 9 times out of 10 blokes cubicles never have loo roll, apparently its only women who require the loo roll to be refilled in the toilets.

All you women scared to go - just go, wherever you are, and be grateful your not having to survive a gents toilet ;)
  • Smiley_Mum
    Smiley_Mum Posts: 3,836 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Surely your friend was having you on, I just put plenty of tissue down the pan if I am concerned about others hearing a splash.

Low water pressure, big logs, not a good combination. There was a thread on MSE a while ago about someone's kid's mate coming to visit and they just about broke the loo. Had a heck of time clearing the toilet after she'd used it.
    “Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde
  • whichwhydoIturn
    Options
    my old bioligy teacher used to say that toilet noises & smells are natural, thats okay for him!!
    it is finding the right atmosphere & toilet with privacy & god girls, let just do it !!
    i find i am worse if i wait ! its a poo for goodness sake we women can cope with a poo after all some women live with some real poos !
    mum "e" to the most perfect girl :Awho stood by me through it all nana to my beautiful grandson WLM 27.09.13:j
    mother of the bride September 2014 :love:
    Turning a house into a home :o
    What if the Hokey Cokey is really what it's all about ?
  • *Scottish*Lass*
    Options
    I have to admit to having mega issues with this. I only use my own toilet unless I absolutely have no other option! I can't use the one at work, there's been times when I've gone to Tesco at lunchtime just to use their toilets! lol I know it's ridiculous but I just can't do it.

My mum used to suffer from the same problem. Like me, anything bottom related had her cringing, to the extent that she did nothing about the fact she had been bleeding from behind for almost 4 months, as well as having her period more or less constantly for the same amount of time (another embarrassing issue, 2 of my friends call it their 'doodahs' lol).
    Eventually she went to the doctor because she was so run down and ill feeling - but still didn't mention either of those 2 things as she was embarrassed about them. He took some blood and sent it away. Her appt was at 10am & at 7pm an ambulance was outside her house from NHS 24 saying she had to go with them NOW to the local hospital.
    Her haemoglobin level was at 8 - healthy for a woman is between 12 & 15. She got taken in straight away and given 3 pints of blood.
    I'll leave out the rest of the story, but suffice to say we came within 12 hours of losing her. She was only 45 at the time.
    All this came about due to being too embarressed to tell someone she had a problem in that area. Now she goes when she has to go (one of the thing they did in hosp to her was to remove part of her bowel).

It's easy to say it's natural and we all do it, but I'd rather like be the Queen and have the general concencus be that I don't "go" ;) lol
    .•:*¨¨*:•..•:*¨¨*:•..•:*¨¨*:Scottish & proud of it! .•:*¨¨*:•..•:*¨¨*:•..•:*¨¨*:
  • Errata
    Errata Posts: 38,230 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Shouldn't this be "Why are some women scared to poo sometimes"
    If you'd sat eavesdropping in a caff frequented by retired ladies you would have heard a very different discussion. And probably TMI ;)
    .................:)....I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...:)
  • wontfallforit
    Options
    Poo'ing in a public place is just not acceptable for me, due to the mortification factor (sounds, smells, etc.).

Thankfully, my body has adapted pretty well to only going at home. I'll go in other people's bathrooms if I'm desperate (the trick is to run the taps ;)), but never in a public cubicle in which there are gaps at the floor and ceiling (why, why, why?).
    £1 / 50p 2011 holiday flight + hotel expenses = £98.50600

HSBC 8% 12mth regular savings = £80 out of a maximum remaining allowance of £2500

"3 months' salary" reserve = £00 / £3600 :eek:
  • Blackpool_Saver
    Options
    If I was on the loo and I heard a flushing sound I'd be thinking oh yeah she hasn't really finished yet!!!!
    Blackpool_Saver is female, and does not live in Blackpool

• Blackpool_Saver
    Options
    Smiley_Mum wrote: »
    Low water pressure, big logs, not a good combination. There was a thread on MSE a while ago about someone's kid's mate coming to visit and they just about broke the loo. Had a heck of time clearing the toilet after she'd used it.

Oh please, can you find it:eek::rotfl::T
    Blackpool_Saver is female, and does not live in Blackpool

• geri1965_2
    geri1965_2 Posts: 8,736 Forumite
    Options
    I have IBS, so holding on to poo when I get home is not really an option because I would end up !!!!!!!! myself.

I do sometimes put paper down first to eliminate plopping and splashing sounds. It also helps to keep the toilet clean.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure