Virgin Media to hit customers with 4.5% price hike - MSE News

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    morgana wrote: »
    I got my letter today. Phoned to ask what was the best deal and they offered £3 off (price of the increase)Until Aug I had been getting a £7 loyalty discount so the price increase means a £10/mth increase in my bill =120/yr. Can't afford that so will phone retentions tomorrow. Looking at NOW Broadband deal but that goes up to £37/mth after 1 yr for 53Mb and broadband only.
    M

They all go up after the introductory offer, simply move again if they won't give you a deal in 12 months time.
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I think the idea is to get off the virgin network and onto the open reach network, and then nice and easy to jump between suppliers.

I see plusnet are doing a deal with no rise for 18 months. More money that NOW though
  • Rev
    Rev Posts: 3,150 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I only renewed my contract last month. The price hike takes my 200mb BB up to £25. Which is pretty much what I’d pay elsewhere for a lot lower speed. So usually if call and cancel but I’m not going to bother.

I did call and complain though and they’ve given me a free month.
    Sigless
  • leew
    leew Posts: 726 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Rev wrote: »
    I only renewed my contract last month. The price hike takes my 200mb BB up to £25. Which is pretty much what I’d pay elsewhere for a lot lower speed. So usually if call and cancel but I’m not going to bother.

I did call and complain though and they’ve given me a free month.

Good to know. I'll use rhis to haggle mine down as I only have broadband and it will rise to over £26 and thats for the 70mb!
  • chiny
    chiny Posts: 193 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Rev wrote: »
    I only renewed my contract last month. The price hike takes my 200mb BB up to £25.

200 Mb/s for £22 (pre-hike) ? That is impressively low. Mine is £35 for 200 MB/s pre-hike, including a junk-call-infested phone line. How'd you get the £22 ? And a free month pays for much of the increase during the rest of your contract tie-in.

And of course, VM do have a relatively new system, unlike BT who had a pole fall down last week, near me. Looked rotted at the base when I took a look. Not to mention those lovely green copper wires...
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Very pleased with my outcome. They cancelled the increase and decreased my package by £2.00 a month. I get free Sky Cinema HD for 12 months (because of uKTV issues). Also 200 MB broadband, Landline which is never used or answered and the full TV package. Total cost £63.00 per month.
  • dazedandconfused_123
    Options
    HELP!

Was on the phone on hold to them for 22 mins 17 seconds and someone hung up on me!
    Trying again, but may be hung up on again?

How would you feel?

Does anyone have a complaints email address for VM HO, please?
    Thanks to all posters for your never ending help and support
    :beer:
  • Marvel1
    Marvel1 Posts: 7,172 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    "Free speed upgrades" :rotfl:
  • studentsaver_88
    Options
    Worth speaking to disconnections as they gave me 4 quid off my broadband
  • MidlandsGlory
    MidlandsGlory Posts: 1,715 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Really annoyed now! why should I pay for their spat with other channels?

I only need broadband, I have the phone line only so foreign 'Microsoft engineers' can contact me to tell me they need to access my PC. Literally no one else calls.

going to cancel the phone. Broadband move is more difficult as our old Blueyonder email boxes are very widely used, would be a nightmare to terminate. How easy/reliable is it to leave and keep email addresses?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure