Frugal Living 2011 - the preparation stage

Options
1505152535456»

Comments

• Marru
    Marru Posts: 4,126 Forumite
    Options
    wrenlegs wrote: »
    I guess my interest in cutting my bills is a bit late. I 'discovered' that my phone bill has been through the roof the last few months (pay direct debit on a ccard and never checked the bills - flame me now :o:o) and its kicked started a bill revolution in this house. I swapped car insurance today (half way through one policy and paying a fine) as it worked out miles cheaper. I also swapped electricity supplier to save £170 odd quid. Gas apparently we have the best deal so am sticking. Our biggest expense is food - family of 3 is £70 for 7 days. My best discovery thus far is that a large Cravendale milk lasts the week (I used to buy cheaper milk but it turned bad quickly so I bit the bullet and invested which is definately paying off). Im trying to have some spend free days (not managed it yet) but am definately trying to cut spending. We arent big spenders but after redundancy I feel its time to try to save instead of live to our means. Will be looking for some hot tips and some motivation from this thread. I know I need to do a spreadsheet so may try this after the weekend when I get 2 mins. ;)

Come to the other side :)
    the_cat wrote: »
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2898936

Hi
    You have come to the right place...... nearly!

WE have now started the challenge for this year, so I've put the link at the top of this post so you can find us. Have a read of the first page or so to get the idea, then start posting and join in the fun
    "Everything will be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end."

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure