150 Nectar points available 3 times a day at Sainsbury's (min £1 purchase req.)

redfox
redfox Posts: 15,338
Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
Forumite
To celebrate our 150 years.

Available 24th-27th May 2019. Minimum spend £1 and swipe your Nectar card. Maximum of 3 transactions per day.

Exclusions and terms apply:

Receive 150 additional Nectar points on qualifying transactions. Minimum qualifying spend £1. Max 3 offers per Nectar account per day. Qualifying spend excludes spirits and liqueurs, first stage baby milk products, National Lottery, tobacco, gift vouchers, gift cards, travel money, Sainsbury’s Bank products, prescription medicines, over the counter medicines, postage stamps, savings stamps, mobile phone vouchers, phone cards, e top-up, pay point payments, carrier bags, charity products, Argos, Tu Clothing online, and car park tickets.

Comments

• Bacman
    Bacman Posts: 537
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Everyone who has a Nectar card will have received this email, so was there need to post this?

Supermarket deals and wine offers are things people won't know about unless they stumble on them so those are different.

The Sainsburys offer means you can use the self-checkout multiple times, 3 items worth £1 or more each in your basket and in effect get £2.25 cashback (450 points are worth £2.25), so 3 x £1 items if done as 3 separate transactions at the same visit would in effect cost 75p. That is a good deal...
  • moonshine
    moonshine Posts: 815
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Bacman wrote: »
    Everyone who has a Nectar card will have received this email, so was there need to post this?

There is no need to be so rude.

I, for one, am grateful because I do have a Nectar card but I didn't receive any email about this so thank you to the OP.
  • redfox
    redfox Posts: 15,338
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite

Yes, there was a need.

Some people may choose to get a Nectar card for the first time to take advantage of this offer, so more people may benefit by the post.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,491
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    moonshine wrote: »
    There is no need to be so rude.

I, for one, am grateful because I do have a Nectar card but I didn't receive any email about this so thank you to the OP.

Same here and typically Sainsbury's offers never last long so thanks for pointing it out.:)
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,849
    Homepage Hero I won, I won, I won! I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Senior Ambassador

Supermarket deals and wine offers are things people won't know about unless they stumble on them so those are different.

The Sainsburys offer means you can use the self-checkout multiple times, 3 items worth £1 or more each in your basket and in effect get £2.25 cashback (450 points are worth £2.25), so 3 x £1 items if done as 3 separate transactions at the same visit would in effect cost 75p. That is a good deal...

I have a nectar card and never received an email so to answer your question, Yes there was a need to post it.

Thanks for highlighting it Redfox, I will now go into Sainsbury’s which I don’t always do.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    sarah1972 wrote: »
    Thanks for highlighting it Redfox, I will now go into Sainsbury’s which I don’t always do.
    Not just that, but I know exactly what it is I am going to buy (x12).
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,849
    Homepage Hero I won, I won, I won! I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Senior Ambassador
    VfM4meplse wrote: »

Very good point ;)
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • sweetcarer
    sweetcarer Posts: 1,083
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Might be a bit confused here.

So you have to buy 3 items (at least a pound each) for 150 points, do this 3 times in one day you will get 450 points.

Or do you buy one item at least a pound for 150 points, do this 3 times to get 450 points?

Sorry and thank you.
    :j cross stitch forever, housework whenever :j
  • dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    sweetcarer wrote: »
    Might be a bit confused here.

So you have to buy 3 items (at least a pound each) for 150 points, do this 3 times in one day you will get 450 points.

Or do you buy one item at least a pound for 150 points, do this 3 times to get 450 points?

Sorry and thank you.

Neither :) You spend at least a pound ( made up of any number of items ) in a transaction and get 150 extra points ( worth 75p ) .
    You can do this three times a day for each of the four days.
    So maximum of 450 points per day , 1800 over the period of the promo
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,491
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    VfM4meplse wrote: »

Not sure if we're on the same lines but one positive of Sainsbury's is that their money off vouchers include wine :Dwhereas Tesco's don't.:(

I plan to take advantage but it would be wasteful on my time and fuel to go back and forth. I plan to make one visit and pay three times (at different checkouts if necessary) IYSWIM. I'll try to do that each day if I can.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure