Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • SkipClick
    • By SkipClick 24th Apr 19, 8:37 PM
    • 653Posts
    • 1,475Thanks
    SkipClick
    Strange questions during their interview pip?
    • 24th Apr 19, 8:37 PM
    Strange questions during their interview pip? 24th Apr 19 at 8:37 PM
    Okay I had my pip just wonder if any one else have strange questions during their interview with the ascendant? Like here just a few I had.

Do you have a face book account? - my answer to my self what this got to do with pip?.

Have you got paid previous back pay? - would of thought you know this answer if you I haven't!.

Thats about it far as I remember them.
Page 2
    • _shel
    • By _shel 27th May 19, 6:18 AM
    • 2,094 Posts
    • 3,817 Thanks
    _shel
    There is no such thing as small talk - it's them just them trying to find ways to deny you benefits - the assessments are all about finding out what you can do so they can twist the report to say you aren't entitled to anything
    Originally posted by matrix11001
    Which is small talk
    • Mrs_Ryan
    • By Mrs_Ryan 30th May 19, 12:05 AM
    • 10,961 Posts
    • 20,706 Thanks
    Mrs_Ryan
    I was asked about Facebook but I do have speech enabled text on my phone which reads things to me, and I also have speech to text software which allows me to dictate rather than type when my fatigue is bad or the pain in my hands is bad. She was so fascinated about how my software works she didnít much ask me about what I actually do on Facebook!
    Open University BA (Hons) English Lang and Lit Graduate; MA English De Montfort Uni 2018- PASSED WITH MERIT!! Round 2 OU started 06/10/18, BSc Combined STEM, Year 1 E117 and DE100.
    Got Engaged 02/10/2018 Our Civil Partnership is booked for 15/02/20
    Miss you always JV
    Elle
    • Prinzessilein
    • By Prinzessilein 30th May 19, 7:32 AM
    • 2,822 Posts
    • 13,267 Thanks
    Prinzessilein
    I have my PiP assessments at home.

I have been asked about my use of the laptop...including social media…,part of my claim is related to my Autism, so I would expect the assessor to look into my social interaction.

There were also some very unsubtle questions...'oh what a pretty crochet table cloth...did you make that yourself?'...to which Mum - always with me at assessments - pointed out that as my forms show, I have very poor fine motor skills and would NEVER manage such delicate work, Mum had made the cloth for me.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

84Posts Today

1,443Users online

Martin's Twitter