Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• I just keep one copy of the W magazine and put the rest back once I've been through the till!
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Is anyone else finding rec hogg very slow at the moment.

At the start of the week on day 2 or 3 I upload the bigger value and non food shop receipts which are taking up to 3 days to be accepted.
    Then as if someone is meeting targets and needs to desk clear they just mark them all as being out of date - they are not they are all this weeks. Or incomplete which they are not as I take 6 pics for the bigger receipts. Or blurred :(.

I then send them for review and again this can take up to 3 days.

Sometimes I just re-upload them but then it can take up to another three days or they just get marked as duplicated.

By day 5 or 6 in the week I am uploading the smaller value receipts but by then I have no idea what has or hasn't been accepted from earlier in the week. I am also worried that they are going to do day 5 or 6 receipts first before the day 2 or 3 ones, for 5 points which will then take me over a hundred points so the bigger receipts worth 15 or 20 points also end up just being 5 points.

By day 6 I have no idea if I have or haven't uploaded my maximum allowance of 20 acceptable receipts or if I have exceeded the three receipts per store per day allowance.

Then the new week starts without the previous weeks receipts being accepted and the entire saga starts again :(
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    I just keep one copy of the W magazine and put the rest back once I've been through the till!

i just use the same 3 every day
  • mhoc
    We called into superdrug on the way back this afternoon and I got some RTCs :j

I found on the hair care stand one single pack of metal free hair bands - 14 brown - exactly what I needed. Bands all seem to have vanished over the summer and finally my hair is long enough for a pony tail again.
    They were marked up as 65p but they went through the till at 26p :T

barcode ends 1760

Also on the RTC stand 4 packs of little girls pink gingham cloth alice bands and flower clips marked down to 15p - perfect for the Christmas shoe boxes
    barcode 0093

And then at the till a pack of Huggies baby wipes for 25p

The till girl scanned my NUS card and student discount came up on the till but nothing was taken off but even so very happy with this.
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 13 October 2018 at 6:20PM
    If you have thqa app already, it is only one drink, if a new customer and you enter the code that is in bold, its under promotion codes in app, you get a welcome free drink too.
    I think it is per phone/number for the Telegraph one, maybe LOL

I have already had the welcome drink - even deleting the app and opening a new account on a new SIM doesn't work :(. Oh for all the extra phones we had when setting up AP this time last year :D.

The Telephone code worked though :D.

Although I scanned it I didn't get a stamp on the app and also the promo game doesn't seem to work even though I have the latest app? Edit - just noticed you only get a go if you pay for a drink :eek:.

Are the Tele codes unique, as it disappeared after use on my Droid but is still showing after use on my iPhone :huh:.

Thanks

Anon
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    cjj wrote: »
    I've been trying to log in for hours.

I need some help please. I'm struggling beyond belief & I don't know where to turn. Life has become too hard. Don't worry I'm not at risk but I would appreciate a talk with anyone of you xx

Sorry to hear this
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    mhoc wrote: »
    OH has done it on his phone but we cant understand why its 2 free hot drinks.
    it says The Telegraph free hot drink expires 0ct 27th and then underneath it says send to a friend .

Not clicked that bit yet but if he clicks it and then sends it to my email address will it also appear on my nerooos app or will it just in an email?

I haven't done the above steps yet via my app - does getting sent a free drink, if it does send a free drink - will that stop me doing the above steps and then sending OH a drink?

I THINK if you send it to a friend you lose it . That's what happened before unless this is a different thing.
  • cjj wrote: »
    Sorry by a talk I meant a few of your kind words to boost me xxx

You know we're here for you. I know it is totally different, but if I am feeling low I find a good cycle ride helps lift me up, it used to be a good run but my knees would not allow that now. I know how hard mental health problems can be, again different but my cousin was schizophrenic, so I know how far you can feel away from everyone. All I can say is come here where you are loved, we will look after you. xx
    Why would you throw paper in the bin when it can be recycled? Such a waste :mad:

It was a recycling bin, I don't just dump things like that.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • mhoc
    edited 13 October 2018 at 7:34PM
    I am taking back any disparaging remarks I made about Hanley earlier in the week :)

We parked on Mr T and walked up to town - its all uphill, very steep and it was blowing a howling gale but I did notice for the first time how beautiful the Victorian buildings were - you just had to ignore the modern ones.

Best bit though was going to the shiny new Nationwide - we had not even realised that they had shut the old one and this was the first week of the shiny new one being open.
    It has open benches, chairs and tablets for customers usage, a nice seating area, a coffee machine and a very glossy new look. The chap said that all nationwides are getting a make- over over the next 4 years, wherever its possible. Not sure if that is exactly possible for the few branches I can think of - like trying to polish a t*** :(

So that's the best tourist attraction in Hanley now - the new nationwide building society :)
  • Forgetful
    Forgetful Posts: 1,729 Forumite
    tweets ... have u managed to get any t mags?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure