Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sidbee
    • By sidbee 1st Apr 17, 2:52 PM
    • 49Posts
    • 34Thanks
    sidbee
    Together Energy?
    • 1st Apr 17, 2:52 PM
    Together Energy? 1st Apr 17 at 2:52 PM
    Just wondering if anyone has had any experience of this supplier? Their site seems very basic, no log in for customers so presumably no online meter reads. Their web site says they started 2 years ago, but they don't show up in Cheap Energy Club's comparisons. However the CAB comparison shows them second only to IRESA for me on price. I want to avoid a shambles like Extra Energy if possible though!
    sidbee
Page 3
    • MotheroftheKid
    • By MotheroftheKid 15th Dec 17, 10:24 AM
    • 176 Posts
    • 179 Thanks
    MotheroftheKid
    I wish somebody would answer the phone
    I'm going through a switch with Together Energy and I've had different emails, different days, stating different amounts of direct debits to be taken. It appears that they charge in advance and add 20% for the winter period and reduce the payment in the Spring. This wasn't conveyed to me during my switch, so makes budgeting a bit more difficult.

I have tried to call them over the last couple of days, loads of times but never get an answer.

I went on a review site and posted negatively with regard to their communications - they aim to answer within 60 seconds! I also commented that there appeared to be loads of positive reviews naming the assistant they spoke to, which I found unusual. Within 20 minutes I received an email about the review I posted, saying that they had tried to contact me but it appeared they were one digit short of my number. I duly replied with my correct number and am waiting for a call!

I'm due to transfer on the 17th or 18th - depending on which email I believe and am concerned. I'm not sure about the cooling off period I have which I will have to look into.

I'm not too happy so far with this company.
    • Hoof Hearted
    • By Hoof Hearted 15th Dec 17, 5:08 PM
    • 2,172 Posts
    • 2,179 Thanks
    Hoof Hearted
    After a good start, I am very disappointed.
    Je suis sabot...
    • Shirley C
    • By Shirley C 20th Dec 17, 2:10 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Shirley C
    Together Energy
    I am in exactly the same position as you. Emails from them fine, they wrote and told me the amount of the direct debit they had sent me was too high and quoted a lower figuire. I had been on the point of contacting them about this and the higher winter payments which I too did not know about when the lower amount was quoted. Then the time for the handover and first payment due today they send an email stating the higher amount would be taken Tried ringing several times over last few days and no response just some kind of mailbox which I could not understand. I have emailed them several times and no response. I think the Energy Club should remove this company from their listing. Did you get a phone number from them? Where did you post your complaint? I went to my bank and they advised not to cancel the direct debit and I could not change the amount in case the company disconnected me!
  • archived user
    I am in exactly the same position as you. Emails from them fine, they wrote and told me the amount of the direct debit they had sent me was too high and quoted a lower figuire. I had been on the point of contacting them about this and the higher winter payments which I too did not know about when the lower amount was quoted. Then the time for the handover and first payment due today they send an email stating the higher amount would be taken Tried ringing several times over last few days and no response just some kind of mailbox which I could not understand. I have emailed them several times and no response. I think the Energy Club should remove this company from their listing. Did you get a phone number from them? Where did you post your complaint? I went to my bank and they advised not to cancel the direct debit and I could not change the amount in case the company disconnected me!
    Originally posted by Shirley C
    Hi - welcome to the forum. You need to look at the terms and conditions attached to your contract.

Quote:

8.3 Paying by direct debit means:

(a) You must keep your account in credit by paying for the supply in advance.

(b) If you pay by flexible direct debit, your direct debit amount will be shown on your bill.

(c) You agree to contact us before the direct debit is taken from your bank account if you believe your bill is incorrect. Unquote

You will only pay for the energy that you use at the agreed tariff rate. Your DD payments should fall once Winter is over.
    Last edited by Hengus; 20-12-2017 at 2:46 PM.
    • MotheroftheKid
    • By MotheroftheKid 20th Dec 17, 6:59 PM
    • 176 Posts
    • 179 Thanks
    MotheroftheKid
    Originally posted by Shirley C

I posted my review on Trust Pilot (?) I was contacted by email from graeme.hislop@togetherenergy.co.uk again stating that they had the wrong number for me. I was phoned by another colleague who said they had had problems with their telephones. We have quite a chat and he apologised for the errors in sending me the confusing emails. He cancelled the direct debit and set it to go out on the 20th. It was the lower limit - they had made a mistake. He was as good as his word and it duly went out today.

Hopefully somebody will contact you if you email the above.
    • locky123
    • By locky123 20th Dec 17, 9:32 PM
    • 339 Posts
    • 36 Thanks
    locky123
    Received email from Together Energy this evening informing my direct debit has been cancelled.

No other information.

Perhaps they are changing the amount, but no further info. My account is £13 in credit which maybe too low for them.

I never received an email saying my last bill was ready and I do find their bills confusing to work out as they are not clear.

Not spoken to them yet so will try ringing tomorrow.
    • fryedslyce
    • By fryedslyce 20th Dec 17, 11:26 PM
    • 56 Posts
    • 94 Thanks
    fryedslyce
    Received email from Together Energy this evening informing my direct debit has been cancelled.

No other information.

Perhaps they are changing the amount, but no further info. My account is £13 in credit which maybe too low for them.

I never received an email saying my last bill was ready and I do find their bills confusing to work out as they are not clear.

Not spoken to them yet so will try ringing tomorrow.
    Originally posted by locky123
    I had the same email about cancelling my direct debit, I queried it and it is a mistake. Below is a copy of the explanation they sent to me:

"We Are Not Cancelling Your Direct Debit Subscription
    You may have already recieved or may receive in the next 48 hours an email advising you that your direct debit subscription has been cancelled.

Please do not be alarmed by this communication. We are not cancelling your direct debit subscription and you do not need to take any action.

We are currently in the process of updating our billing system. We are doing this as a response to customer feedback and to significantly improve our billing service. If you are yet to receive your first bill, we are implementing this change to ensure that you get it early in the new year.

Unfortunately, one of the updates being carried out incorrectly triggered the communication that you have received.

Please ignore this piece of correspondence and do not be alarmed if you receive another advising you that a new subscription has been created; this is simply the error correcting itself. Donít worry you will not be paying twice.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and look forward to the improved features that will be available to you in the new year.

Best,

The Together Team"
    • prugone
    • By prugone 21st Dec 17, 2:09 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    prugone
    I've been contacted by Together and quoted very competively for my Economy 10 tariff currently with Eon. One problem is the fact that I've been told that I would switch to their Economy 7 programme and it would then be changed to economy 10???. Secondly, reading the reviews on sites like Trustpilot it seems their customer service and information leaves something to be desired, do I need the hassle? I've emailed requesting the times each day of their cheap periods and await a response with interest.
    • heatherw_01
    • By heatherw_01 28th Dec 17, 12:09 PM
    • 5,356 Posts
    • 3,821 Thanks
    heatherw_01
    These come out cheapest for me, just not sure about switching after reading all the mixed reviews on Trust Pilot
    • locky123
    • By locky123 2nd Jan 18, 11:08 AM
    • 339 Posts
    • 36 Thanks
    locky123
    Rang Together Energy today, answered quickly, DD cancellation email due to them changing their system and has not been actually cancelled. I should received email explaining this but didnt. Hopefully 'new' system is more reliable and there are no mistakes in transfer process.
    • nadia196
    • By nadia196 18th Jan 18, 7:59 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    nadia196
    Just switched - have I made a huge mistake?
    Really not impressed so far. I keep getting letters & emails giving me different switch dates, I call and get another date. E-mails regarding DD are conflicting. Twice I've been promised a call back within 8 hours and it doesn't happen. I'm starting to regret choosing them. Their call centre hours are ridiculous considering there is no online access yet, first letter said I would be able to access the portal 5 days before the switch, now i'm being told after the switch
    • locky123
    • By locky123 18th Jan 18, 8:41 PM
    • 339 Posts
    • 36 Thanks
    locky123
    I'm assuming their new 'billing system' is not running yet as online portal shows no billing info since the system change. I expect they may have some issues. My DD was taken as usual this month.
    • robj20
    • By robj20 24th Jan 18, 6:59 AM
    • 22 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    robj20
    So had my first payment taken from Together, but they havent requested meter readings and my online account appears to not work.

What are my options? Will they eventually sort it out, i fear i might be paying two companies for my energy at the minute.
    • thozza
    • By thozza 24th Jan 18, 8:11 AM
    • 228 Posts
    • 179 Thanks
    thozza
    You can check with your previous provider, my previous suppliers online account showed that I did not have a tariff after I had my first DD taken by Together, so I made a request for repayment of credit which took a couple of weeks to arrive. Once a switch takes place you will only be paying one supplier, but you might need to contact the old one to reclaim credit.

My experience has been OK so far, Together do take a DD in advance, and you should receive a letter setting out the terms. The online portal took a little time to set up, but I moved before they changed to their new system.
    • Hoof Hearted
    • By Hoof Hearted 24th Jan 18, 8:49 AM
    • 2,172 Posts
    • 2,179 Thanks
    Hoof Hearted
    The company is a shambles at the moment. I wouldn't advise anybody to change to them until they sort themselves out. Look at Trust Pilot -- something is going seriously wrong with their customer service.
    Je suis sabot...
    • robj20
    • By robj20 24th Jan 18, 12:38 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    robj20
    Check my SoEnergy account and it shows me out of contract, started on 09.01.18 which is correct. Also shows end dates of 24.01.18 for electric and 25.01.18 for gas, so im guessing it is switching. Love to know what meter readings they have used as no one has asked me.
    • robj20
    • By robj20 29th Jan 18, 1:59 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    robj20
    My online account with them slowly seems to be getting updated, but I still have no way of giving them my meter readings.
    What are the options if you want to leave due to poor service? I would love to change to a decent supplier but worry it would be costly or more hastle than it is worth.
  • archived user
    My online account with them slowly seems to be getting updated, but I still have no way of giving them my meter readings.
    What are the options if you want to leave due to poor service? I would love to change to a decent supplier but worry it would be costly or more hastle than it is worth.
    Originally posted by robj20
    Your options are:

Option A. 'Ditch and switch'. If there an exit fees, they will expect you to pay them. That said, you can get around this by switching to, say, Bulb and then switching again.

Option B: keep providing them with meter readings and repeatedly ask them for a bill. Wait 12 months, and hope that they will apply The Back Billing Code.

Option C: Raise a formal complaint in writing. Wait 8 weeks and refer it to The EO and hope for a small amount of compensation for poor customer service.

Personally, I would take Option A. Life is too short to support suppliers that cannot get the basics right.
    • robj20
    • By robj20 29th Jan 18, 2:46 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    robj20
    The thing is I don't actually trust them to stop taking the direct debit, they have already taken £80.
    Why bulb?
  • archived user
    The thing is I don't actually trust them to stop taking the direct debit, they have already taken £80.
    Why bulb?
    Originally posted by robj20
    They will refund your exit fees if you have to pay them.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

76Posts Today

1,344Users online

Martin's Twitter