Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Rijam
    • By Rijam 11th Jan 19, 2:32 AM
    • 8Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Rijam
    Problems leaving E Energy
    • 11th Jan 19, 2:32 AM
    Problems leaving E Energy 11th Jan 19 at 2:32 AM
    Hi
    Has anyone had problems leaving E Energy or have any advice on what we should do now to this.
    We put in a switch to Bulb but changed our mind after a day so we could seach around more and give it some more thought.
    We decided this week (Monday) that we will switch to Bulb after all and started the switch again. We rang E Energy to inform them of this and after trying to get us to stay they told us all was ok and the objection would be removed.
    On Tue the switch was put in by Bulb and it was objected to. We rang them again and E Energy told us to put the switch through again and it would go through.
    All this week E have objected to the switch and yesterday thursday, we even rang E Energy twice to be sure, but last night Bulb have informed us that E Energy have objected again and the switch is now cancelled.
    We do not know where to go with this because E Energy tell us there is no objection placed on us when we ring but then they object to bulb. We have been told its a glitch twice by E but ringing them again will not sort this. We are on a prepayment smart meter and they have put us on a duel tariff of 20p and 14p electric and 9p and 3.6 gas. The problem is the rate only goes down after kw usage and we stay on the high rate for 23 hours. For 2 of us we use 160 a month.
    Sorry for the long rant and first post.
Page 1
    • wavelets
    • By wavelets 11th Jan 19, 10:12 AM
    • 1,162 Posts
    • 487 Thanks
    wavelets
    • 11th Jan 19, 10:12 AM
    • 11th Jan 19, 10:12 AM
    Hi
    Has anyone had problems leaving E Energy or have any advice on what we should do now to this.
    We put in a switch to Bulb but changed our mind after a day so we could seach around more and give it some more thought.
    We decided this week (Monday) that we will switch to Bulb after all and started the switch again. We rang E Energy to inform them of this and after trying to get us to stay they told us all was ok and the objection would be removed.
    On Tue the switch was put in by Bulb and it was objected to. We rang them again and E Energy told us to put the switch through again and it would go through.
    All this week E have objected to the switch and yesterday thursday, we even rang E Energy twice to be sure, but last night Bulb have informed us that E Energy have objected again and the switch is now cancelled.
    We do not know where to go with this because E Energy tell us there is no objection placed on us when we ring but then they object to bulb. We have been told its a glitch twice by E but ringing them again will not sort this. We are on a prepayment smart meter and they have put us on a duel tariff of 20p and 14p electric and 9p and 3.6 gas. The problem is the rate only goes down after kw usage and we stay on the high rate for 23 hours. For 2 of us we use 160 a month.
    Sorry for the long rant and first post.
    Originally posted by Rijam
    On what basis did your supplier initially object to your switch application?
    • Rijam
    • By Rijam 11th Jan 19, 12:51 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Rijam
    • 11th Jan 19, 12:51 PM
    • 11th Jan 19, 12:51 PM
    We got a reply this morning from E and its now sorted. I must say the person from E was great and is now keeping a close watch on the switch to make sure it goes through ok.
    • wavelets
    • By wavelets 11th Jan 19, 1:21 PM
    • 1,162 Posts
    • 487 Thanks
    wavelets
    • 11th Jan 19, 1:21 PM
    • 11th Jan 19, 1:21 PM
    We got a reply this morning from E and its now sorted. I must say the person from E was great and is now keeping a close watch on the switch to make sure it goes through ok.
    Originally posted by Rijam
    According to your OP, they were promising it was sorted all week, hence you joining MSE to rant at 2.30am this morning.

• Rijam
    • By Rijam 11th Jan 19, 2:26 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Rijam
    • 11th Jan 19, 2:26 PM
    • 11th Jan 19, 2:26 PM
    We will see but since i put in a complaint i am now being kept informed and they have even lowered my energy rate untill i switch. Its not nice to be told every day the objection has been removed and the switch will go through, only to have an email later saying its been objected to.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,271Posts Today

7,520Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • 10 ways you should act now to beat April bill shocks - council tax UP, stamp prices UP, TV licence UP, energy bills? https://t.co/WiOWiogCCA

• I have a confession to make... I think I now prefer Young Sheldon to The Big Bang Theory (or at least to the recent series). Am I alone?

• RT @TDHPhotography: Thank you @MartinSLewis After seeing your show on Council tax exemption for severe mental disorders, after a brief batt?

• Follow Martin