Courgette resets her sights

Comments

• Courgette
    Courgette Posts: 3,230 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I think ours do too. Problem is each of us has a card and only one is set up for reminders plus it goes to my email account that had 9000 unread in it so it's easy to miss. Easy to solve just need to do it
    A reminder to myself: Persistence Pays Off ;):D :idea: :rotfl:
    Mortgage 1: [STRIKE]£95,000[/STRIKE] £78,900 at 3.1%
    Mortgage 2 (BTL): £83, 489.15 at 2.99% (I.O.)
    Savings (S&S ISA): £3000 Plus 6 months emergency savings earning 3%
  • Courgette
    Whoop! Just had an interview for another online school. Got it and it's got a starting salary of $24. Will need to wait to see how many classes they can actually offer me though before I make any decisions regarding my current, lower paying job. Nice start to the day though!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,188 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    That's good news :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Iona_Penny
    Iona_Penny Posts: 697 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    It’s a very long time since I posted on here although I still read diaries. Courgette I remember your old diary and admiring how you managed your life (especially when you had DS 3 and rude people!) I was so pleased to find your new diary. I hope the posts have stopped as you are on holiday and that is all? Come back soon x
  • Courgette
    Hello, yes been on holiday! Thanks for posting Iona - I'm struggling to remember who the rude people were though! Shows I've obviously moved on :) .

Had such a great time away, will be having many more holidays and experiences from now on! And it certainly gives a lovely thing to focus all the frugality on.

Unfortunately we're now completely skint and all the easily accessible savings accounts have been plundered. We've got everything except food covered until the end of September but obviously we will need to eat at some point. It was a sort of conscious decision to run out of money so it's no surprise. What I mean by this is that I was absolutely desperate to go on holiday, DH less so due to how up against it we are financially right now. I didn't want to put it off any longer and was/am prepared to sail very close to the wind financially until invoices start being paid again in October and November. No regrets but it's a very unusual situation for me to find myself in!

Anyway, holiday really focused my mind, as these things tend to do. We want to spend more quality time together. We have had one weekend without the children since we had them and that does put a strain on the relationship. While we were away as well as spending loads of lovely time together we also ate great quality food and we both felt so much healthier as a result. We are prepared to increase our food bill for this feeling to continue. We have also had a decent chat about money and about how we organise it. It feels all rather academic at the moment but once we actually have some money we are looking at a totally different way of managing it. I'll explain more in a couple of days.

Anyway, today is September 1st and I always consider this to be New Year's Day (far too long in education clearly!)

My New Year's resolutions are as follows:

Health:
    Be able to do 10 pull-ups
    Be able to run 10 km
    - Both of these things without feeling like I'm gonna drop dead afterwards

Wealth:
    Income up to £500 a week every week minimum by Christmas. This will include DH's job, my job and eBay shop
    Have organised our banking

Family:
    Tuesday day time dates for me and him while small people at school
    More structured activities - these boys needs tiring out! Possibly park run, swimming lessons, football lessons, cycling
    Would like DS3 to be able to confidently ride a bike and swim by next Easter

Home:
    Bit vague but needs to be cosy, welcoming and clean and tidy. It's none of these things right now!
    Start making bread again - German bread was so delicious and didn't make you feel grim however much you ate (trust me on this!)

It's the start of birthday season in our house now so lots of expenses there too. DS3 is totally paid for, just his party to do tomorrow but DS2 and me are not at all. I'll have to have a good think of things I'd like that are nice but very cheap. I'd like an apple tree for the garden and some herbs but doubt this is the time of year for that. I also need a new rucksack as the zip has gone on mine and I don't think these things are particularly repairable. Will have a think
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,931 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Hi courgette, glad to hear you had a nice holiday and I can't wait to hear your new ways of managing your money, hopefully I can steal some ideas :D
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • zcrat41
    zcrat41 Posts: 1,728 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hello. I like you're idea of treating September as the new year! I'm aiming for 10K by xmas too.

Good luck.
  • Courgette
    I ran a 10k race in July zcrat but felt pretty ropey for quite a few days afterwards. That plus the heatwave and holidays means that I haven't actually run at all since then. Will start this up again next week I think
  • Courgette
    Totally gorgeous party for DS3 this afternoon. Picked a natural location rather than hire anything or, shudder, host at home. Cost about £30 including bus fare. Totally great day!
  • Brodiebobs
    Brodiebobs Posts: 1,032 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    found you!

Subscribed and will catch up.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income