Blogging

Comments

• Ilona
    Ilona Posts: 2,449 Forumite
    I'm self-hosted and use Wordpress, I blog about anything and everything from making/saving money to being a parent. If I fancy writing about it then I will ;)

Hi, I can't find hardly anything on your site about you. The copyright belongs to Younique, the company you are selling cosmetics for. It's nothing more than an online shop. Maybe I am missing something, but I don't consider this a blog in the true sense of the word. Perhaps you have another blog somewhere else.
    Ilona
    I love skip diving.
    :D
  • Ilona wrote: »
    Hi, I can't find hardly anything on your site about you. The copyright belongs to Younique, the company you are selling cosmetics for. It's nothing more than an online shop. Maybe I am missing something, but I don't consider this a blog in the true sense of the word. Perhaps you have another blog somewhere else.
    Ilona

You're right, that isn't a blog. That is the shop front for my Younique store which is something that I'm no longer selling so I should really update the link on my profile.

I do have my blog, I will change that link now (forgot it linked to my Y-store).
  • Ilona
    Ilona Posts: 2,449 Forumite
    You're right, that isn't a blog. That is the shop front for my Younique store which is something that I'm no longer selling so I should really update the link on my profile.

I do have my blog, I will change that link now (forgot it linked to my Y-store).

Thanks, that's better, more like a blog. Looks bright and cheerful.
    Ilona
    I love skip diving.
    :D
  • Reue
    Reue Posts: 569 Forumite
    Forget Adsense, you'll make peanuts from it.

The main income is from sponsored posts and affiliate marketing. I very rarely update my (2) blogs and get a few sponsored post requests each month plus £300-£400 affiliate income.
  • bricksbricksbricks
    bricksbricksbricks Posts: 43 Forumite
    edited 9 November 2016 at 7:20PM
    I am looking to start one. I have a idea of what to blog about but I can not think of a name for the Life of me. So how did you name yours?
  • baaluo
    baaluo Posts: 14 Forumite
    I think if you spend enough time on designing and developing a blog on a niche that you have a basic knowledge about, keep it up to date with articles and media, and promote them on social media, you can make a few hundred dollars from them monthly depending on the quality of the content you create and your marketing skills. Wordpress is the best platform to start with.
  • tonycottee
    tonycottee Posts: 1,331 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I am looking to start one. I have a idea of what to blog about but I can not think of a name for the Life of me. So how did you name yours?

I spent ages thinking of different names for mine. And then gave up and stuck with something simple. I think it's quite important for the name to be self explanatory. However, I'm very new to it all so my advice might not be the best!
  • Blogging is one of the best ways to make money online but it really needs dedication and hard work if you want to fully dependent on it for your income. Making money with adsense or with affiliate product promotion was too easy in last few years comparing to now. Those days it was really easy to rank any websites.
  • ladya94
    ladya94 Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Blogging sounds like a fab idea to make some extra money! Can anyone advise me how you would start it up in the right way to start earning money? :-)
    Lady A :D
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • tonycottee
    tonycottee Posts: 1,331 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    ladya94 wrote: »
    Blogging sounds like a fab idea to make some extra money! Can anyone advise me how you would start it up in the right way to start earning money? :-)

There are plenty of bloggers out there that offer a step-by-step guide to starting a blog.
    I used Bluehost as my hosting company. Mainly because I went through TopCashback and it more or less meant it was free for the first year. So if it all goes wrong, I'm not out of pocket!
    Once you've got some articles up and running, you need to contact some affiliate programs. Affiliate Window and afilinet have quite a lot of merchants.
    Some companies offer their own schemes. I've found the best way to do it is just to type in the name of the company I'm interested in followed by "affiliate program".
    However, don't expect it to be an instant money maker.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure