Fall too Pieces

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    PA has provided me with £51.45 this month , not bad considering I only look at surveys in the evenings .
    Your lad sounds like he is going to be very tall , like his relatives.
    Great to hear you are doing driving lessons , would I be right to say it will help you when back at work to be able to get in your car and drive home will make your day shorter as you do shifts don't you ?

Anyway I slept well for some reason , and I am driving shortly to your part of the world , well near Whitby , same coast line .

Have a good weekend.
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    I'm just South of Glasgow and have lived here all my days. I love it actually. Suburban town but can get to the city in 25 minutes.

Sounds like driving will help you out in a variety of ways - with your son, your commute and accessing free things to do :) Are you getting closer to test time or still a bit off? Do you have plans to get a car once you pass?
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • PA has provided me with £51.45 this month , not bad considering I only look at surveys in the evenings .
    Your lad sounds like he is going to be very tall , like his relatives.
    Great to hear you are doing driving lessons , would I be right to say it will help you when back at work to be able to get in your car and drive home will make your day shorter as you do shifts don't you ?

Anyway I slept well for some reason , and I am driving shortly to your part of the world , well near Whitby , same coast line .

Have a good weekend.

I do yes i work 10pm-645 4 on 4 off permeantly. Add to that 90mins travel time each way its knacking me driving i can do my front door to work in 25-30mins and thats not hammering it.
    Cashback Earnings YTD £46.04 Survey Earnings YTD £182.66
    "Always always train, be the best version of you that you can physically be"
  • :A
    JoJoC wrote: »
    I'm just South of Glasgow and have lived here all my days. I love it actually. Suburban town but can get to the city in 25 minutes.

Sounds like driving will help you out in a variety of ways - with your son, your commute and accessing free things to do :) Are you getting closer to test time or still a bit off? Do you have plans to get a car once you pass?

Test time i dont know, my instructor has just start me doing manoveurs etc etc i have had about 20-25 hours worth of lessons so soon hopefully. I cant afford more than a lesson a week as they are 46 quid per 2 hours.

My emergency fund which isn't alot i am building up towards a car i think i have around 750 saved so far, i fancy a 1.4 polo diesel or a golf. My aunt and uncle said they would loan me some money if needs be looking at spending 2500-3000 i need something thats a diesel really as i am in co durham my boys in kent.

PA paid out today 12.92 in total :-) i am still waiting on mingle respondi
  • Scott_Weiland_2
    Scott_Weiland_2 Posts: 799 Forumite
    edited 12 August 2017 at 2:37PM
    JoJoC wrote: »

Probably miles and miles away from you but i did a bungee jump at Breahead and me and the ex used to race at a place called High Carron near Denny.
  • Well today has being a chill day for me i was out for a drink with my old man last night. My dads 73 and he drinks in cheap social clubs i think i had 2 coors light, a pint of some real ale that looked and tasted like sheep dip then a couple of pints of the black stuff. I bought a margarita pizza from the takeaway on the way home and i have 3 quid change outta 20 quid.

The rest of my day has being boring i did a pilates thing i found on youtube in the hope of rehabing my lower back. That killed 20 mins, i hate to admit it the number of back injuries i have had i am going to have to buy yoga or pilates pants. I have tried doing surveys but its being quiet, bar thats its being crap movies on Now Tv and feet up.

1) A bad powerlifting deadlift injury tore through muscles at the base of the spine

2) A motorbike accident where i fractured my L1/L2 verbebrae

3) Last year i was diagnosed with curvature above the L1 and L2

4) This lol

I have got my stuff ready for my journey south tomorrow Kent and back by train is gunna be a joy not. Its great to get my son but this bit i hate, travelling by train can really make you hate people.

Phone charged-check
    Bag packed- check
    Tickets/Railcard-check
    Clothes washed and Ironed-check
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Probably miles and miles away from you but i did a bungee jump at Breahead and me and the ex used to race at a place called High Carron near Denny.

Braehead is about 20 miles from me and we go out there for shopping quite a bit. Denny is the same distance in the opposite direction, but I've no reason to go there :) Not far at all!
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Hi Scott

Glad to hear you're recuperating

The Beastie is being nursed along by my local friendly bike mech... he's taking it easy as he has to basically surgically remove the BB from the frame to avoid damaging it. It's a tricky job and I really appreciate that he's doing it right... hope it's not much longer though, everything else is done and the bike looks great so far. Will keep ye posted mate.
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Hi Scott

Glad to hear you're recuperating

The Beastie is being nursed along by my local friendly bike mech... he's taking it easy as he has to basically surgically remove the BB from the frame to avoid damaging it. It's a tricky job and I really appreciate that he's doing it right... hope it's not much longer though, everything else is done and the bike looks great so far. Will keep ye posted mate.

My bike is going in again next week, my bike mechanic ix doing me a hope wheel build/hub with a new rear cassette shimano xt and new chain.
  • I have just got in i dont drink very often but 4 guinness is the order of the evening. I have being out the house since 730 i wish i was rich and could afford to travel first class.

My son is now taller than me at 14 year old, he is at his grandparents until the 23rd and i have him from the 23rd till the 3rd of September.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback