Options
    post #1361 is correct, Easyjet are wrong
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ladylummer wrote: »
    Easyjet have just responded with the following:-

Please note that EU compensation is only payable for passengers who paid full price for their seats, this means that infants sitting on lap don't qualify for this

Is this correct??

It is worrying that we entrust our lives to these airlines to both fly to a schedule and maintain their planes yet they cannot read and/or understand the current law (261/2004). I would write back to sleezy jet and ask them what they do not understand about Article 3, section 3 in Regulation 261/2004. Idiots!
  • Mark2spark
    Mark2spark Posts: 2,306 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The infant did indeed pay the full price for the seat on your lap.
    You don't set the fare, Easyjet do.
    And a *fare* paid, means that the infant is a fare paying passenger, and entitled to compensation.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    ladylummer wrote: »
    Easyjet have just responded with the following:-

Please note that EU compensation is only payable for passengers who paid full price for their seats, this means that infants sitting on lap don't qualify for this

Is this correct??
    NO.
    Even if you paid an "admin" fee or similar, this has in the past, been classed as a fare by the courts.
    From the inof you have given us, Easyjet are, if we are being generous, fobbing you off.
    Cynics might say its a barefaced lie....
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Leon_82
    Leon_82 Posts: 40 Forumite
    edited 9 December 2014 at 8:00PM
    Options
    Last night my Alicante flight to Gatwick was delayed by just over four hours.

We had refreshment vouchers, however due to the EU ruling 2004 (EC261/2004) can I get money back?

Was with EasyJet.

Thanks.

PS basically they had to turn back just after the South Coast and get a new plane for Stansted so surely can't be due to an 'act of god' etc?

Tech fault they said.

They replied quickly saying

Thank you for contacting easyJet.

I'm sorry your flight from Alicante to London Gatwick was delayed on 8th December 2014.

The safety of our passengers and crew is our number one priority and we'll never fly if this is compromised in any way.

The flight report for this flight has not yet been updated with the details of the delay and the classification under EC261/2004 by our Legal Disruption Team. Please allow 5-7 working days for the report to be updated.

Once the report is updated I will proactively contact you with the findings and whether or not you'll be eligible for compensation under EC261/2004.

I'm sorry you feel the light refreshment vouchers offered at the airport were not enough for your needs. The value of these vouchers are set in line with the length of your delay and are intended for refreshments such a drink or snack and not full meals.

I've opened a case for your claim. Your case reference is XXXXXXXX. If you have any further comments or queries please feel free to contact us again.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused by your delay. As soon as the report is updated I'll be in contact with you.

Regards,
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Leon: sounds like you have a claim. Read my guide for details of what to do. (Details below)
  • Leon_82
    Options
    1st thing I did this morning was emailed my issues, was a 21:50 flight ended up getting to sleep at 5AM, sold that fact in the email also missed a day at work as so shattered! Cheers Ill look at that
  • Leon_82
    edited 9 December 2014 at 8:25PM
    Options
    Just looked at flightstats.co.uk

DEPARTURE ARRIVAL
    Scheduled Departure: Scheduled Arrival:
    9:50 PM - Mon Dec-8-2014 11:30 PM - Mon Dec-8-2014
    Actual Departure: Actual Arrival:
    1:19 AM - Tue Dec-9-2014 3:05 AM - Tue Dec-9-2014 (runway)
  • clippy_girl
    clippy_girl Posts: 2,283 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi all,

Just to let you know that Easyjet have finally paid up 6 months after I started the process! :j:beer:

We were delayed for 6 hours and the pilot told us it was because they only got the plane the day before and had sprayed it in their colours which took longer to dry than they expected.

A few letters went back and forth, they claimed extraordinary circs and said they were denied refueling which caused the delay. :mad:

Started small claims process, they returned the claim form to the court so did not reply. I received a judgement in default.

When they were sent that they claimed they did not receive the claim form, had a reasonable prospect of defence and submitted an application to have the judgement set aside. They claimed they were not the operating airline as they used a plane owned by someone else so they were not responsible for paying compensation. :mad::mad::mad:

I was on holiday when the hearing was listed so sent in a witness statement producing the whole Directive, pointing the Judge towards para 7 of the Reg which states they are still responsible even if used a leased plane. They didn't turn up so the Judge dismissed their claim. :T

They still did not pay up so I sent a letter telling them I would send it up to the High Court and get an enforcement officer to go round. :mad:

Finally received a cheque this week. :T:beer::j

Would really like to thank everyone who took the time to post the helpful guides and templates and answer my queries :A:kisses:
    :j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done Clippy Girl: the lesson for others is that if the airline are messing you about, start legal action rather than play letter tennis. I've no doubt that they'd still be messing you around if you didn't have the judgement in your pocket!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback