New to this, any advice would be appreciated!! EGG PPI

Options
I wish i'd checked this website sooner

a company called claims group direct rang me and said they would act on my behalf to claim back the PPI on my egg loan

they take something like 35% of any money i get back which isnt great but i wasnt aware i could claim the money back myself until now!!!:mad:

it has been about 8 weeks since my claim, having looked at a few threads on here it seems egg are refunding any money back to the loan rather having paying the cash. i was wondering what would happen with claims group directs cut??? dont even know if they are legit!! my loan is in arrears aswell, will that affect whether i get a pay out or not???

any help would be much appreciated

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Denzil1892 wrote: »

a company called claims group direct rang me and said they would act on my behalf to claim back the PPI on my egg loan

they take something like 35% of any money i get back which isnt great but i wasnt aware i could claim the money back myself until now!!!:mad:

it has been about 8 weeks since my claim, having looked at a few threads on here it seems egg are refunding any money back to the loan rather having paying the cash. i was wondering what would happen with claims group directs cut??? dont even know if they are legit!! my loan is in arrears aswell, will that affect whether i get a pay out or not???

Hi there and welcome

If you not signed anything maybe your able to come out of that and do this all yourself with help from this site, I am not too sure on these claims companies to be honest.

I would contact the claims company for an update on this.

Some do actually refund towards the arrears and the remainder of it should be refunded to you.
    However, every company have their own way, but hopefully someone will post up who has had dealings with these soon for you, good luck and please keep us posted.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • petermb_2
    petermb_2 Posts: 1,565 Forumite
    Options

Please be very careful here. If you are in arrears and obviously you still have a balance on your account the lender is highly likely to deduct any claim amount from that outstanding balance.

However, the claims company will still be looking for 35% of the full compensation amount from you even though you do not actually receive any money from the claim.
    I am a former Broker, former IFA and former compliance officer, for my sins.

However, I have since seen the light.
  • dec22
    dec22 Posts: 242 Forumite
    Options

Egg are notorious for applying the PPI refund directly to your outstanding loan balance irrespective of arrears. Mine was up to date but I still had my refund appiled to my loan and have lodged a complaint with the FOS.

Good luck, hope you get sorted soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport