Rights to ppa reclaim company

Hi all

Earlier in the year, for ease I contacted a PPA reclaim service to look at the very unlikely possibility that I had paid PPI. They made initial contact with the companies I had given them, but then Lloyd’s Contacted me directly with a questionnaire to fill in and send back to them. They have today sent me a cheque directly for the PPA I paid to them, and Im wondering if o still need to pay the initial reclaim s revive who made first contact. Please don’t think I’m trying to get away with not paying their percentage- I just want to know if legally, I have to.
Thanks in advance

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,296 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    and Im wondering if o still need to pay the initial reclaim s revive who made first contact.

if you entered into contract with the CMC then you are likely to find them calling in due course for you to pay them.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Jjsr2004 wrote: »
    Hi all

Earlier in the year, for ease I contacted a PPA reclaim service to look at the very unlikely possibility that I had paid PPI. They made initial contact with the companies I had given them, but then Lloyd!!!8217;s Contacted me directly with a questionnaire to fill in and send back to them. They have today sent me a cheque directly for the PPA I paid to them, and Im wondering if o still need to pay the initial reclaim s revive who made first contact. Please don!!!8217;t think I!!!8217;m trying to get away with not paying their percentage- I just want to know if legally, I have to.
    Thanks in advance

No.

You don't have to pay them

You have entered into NO contract. (I assume) What you would have signed would be an LOA for them to find out whether you had PPI.

Fill in the questionnaire and get your money back. Make sure you have a good argument as to how PPI was mis-sold though.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,780 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    No.

You don't have to pay them

You have entered into NO contract. (I assume) What you would have signed would be an LOA for them to find out whether you had PPI.

Fill in the questionnaire and get your money back. Make sure you have a good argument as to how PPI was mis-sold though.

Completely false, the LOA that allows them to actually approach and deal with the banks is sufficient for them to raise the complaint and be entitled to the cut. That is why Lloyds, for example, have already started the complaint process

The only time this isn't applicable is these free PPI checks whereby they just pretend to check and conveniently "find" you had PPI and would you mind signing this letter and we'll do the rest but without a signed LOA they cannot actually ask the banks for any information due to DPA rules
  • Nasqueron wrote: »
    Completely false, the LOA that allows them to actually approach and deal with the banks is sufficient for them to raise the complaint and be entitled to the cut. That is why Lloyds, for example, have already started the complaint process

The only time this isn't applicable is these free PPI checks whereby they just pretend to check and conveniently "find" you had PPI and would you mind signing this letter and we'll do the rest but without a signed LOA they cannot actually ask the banks for any information due to DPA rules

That is complete !!!!!!!!, I work in PPI, the LOA allows us to do a search on the client to see if they had a claim. After that we put an argument together with a contract in place.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    That is complete !!!!!!!!,
    Thanks for your contribution to the thread.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,780 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    That is complete !!!!!!!!, I work in PPI, the LOA allows us to do a search on the client to see if they had a claim. After that we put an argument together with a contract in place.

As I suspected you work in a PPI claims firm, call centre or similar level which is why you are posting incorrect information (such as calling a complaint a "claim").

If you read the original post the claims firm have clearly started a complaint as Lloyds have sent the OP a complaint form therefore have got a signed LOA giving them the right to make a complaint on behalf of the customer. Without a signed LOA you cannot ring up a bank and ask about a customer's account as they'd just tell you where to go. Perhaps in your CMC you work differently and don't start claims but an LOA that gives the firm authority to make a claim is a contract
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure