Coventry BS Easy ISA (5)

Comments

• That account has been up and down for a couple of years, anyway I've just transferred mine to Shawbrook 2yr fixed at 1.7%.
    Quick and easy as I already have a couple of accounts with them.
    Just hope Coventry don't take too long to send it over.
  • gwapenut wrote: »
    I'm not impressed that they're giving less than 30 days' notice for a 30-day notice account. I thought these were the good guys.

On the letter for my 30-day notice account they're saying I can it close penalty-free from now until the end of 31 July.

All things considered, seems reasonable.
    Everyone needs something to believe in.

I believe I need another beer.
  • No_Name
    No_Name Posts: 137 Forumite
    That account has been up and down for a couple of years, anyway I've just transferred mine to Shawbrook 2yr fixed at 1.7%.
    Quick and easy as I already have a couple of accounts with them.
    Just hope Coventry don't take too long to send it over.

Was you given a date as to when you'd like the transfer to tale place?
  • cinders59
    cinders59 Posts: 7,622 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    my coventry easy access ISA is being reduced to 1.05 I have looked at Shawbrook they offer 1.30 for the same easy access

Would anyone know if it is better to apply for monthly interest or yearly one.

Thanks
    Thanks to all who post comps :)
    ITV winners membersclub#2
  • Coventry say within 5-7 days for transfer.
  • colin79666
    colin79666 Posts: 1,348 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 15 June 2018 at 1:20PM
    Took 2 working days for them to transfer mine out. If they had knocked 0.1% off I'd probably have stayed.

Virgin increased the rate on the double take isa to 1.3% so no brainer really to switch unless you are sure you can fix or want to dip in regularly.
  • tsmiggy
    tsmiggy Posts: 127 Forumite
    Hi. I have this isa,and the interest is paid yearly,if i withdraw the money what happens to the interest?
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,939 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    tsmiggy wrote: »
    Hi. I have this isa,and the interest is paid yearly,if i withdraw the money what happens to the interest?
    Even though it's only paid out annually, interest is earned and calculated on a daily basis, based on the balance at close of play each day, so if you withdraw without closing the account then the interest will be reduced accordingly and paid on the usual date. If you close the account, the pro rata interest will be added to the closing balance.
  • gwapenut
    gwapenut Posts: 1,355 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I've yet to receive any kind of notification about this rate cut. Are any other people on this thread still waiting?
  • Newly_retired
    Newly_retired Posts: 2,950 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    My. Coventry ISA Reward is reducing on 2 July from 1.65 to 1.30%.

Not yet decided what to do about this, but there is a substantial sum involved, which I would like to keep out of tax.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure