PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 8th January 2018

Comments

• hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Much scrubbing of the bathroom done her last night, have to admit it was a lot nicer for it. Hectic work day today so nothing done just yet.

FFP I can't keep up at either but I need the old discipline of the list. I skim so apologies for anything important that I have missed
    Lamewolf hope the drive and scan went ok
    Mumof2 ouch! Hopefully they will be able to help once any diagnosis is confirmed.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    MrsMP I have just done all my ironing, 2 empty baskets here :) any baby news yet?

Been on my long drive, cold and misty out to sea today, didn't spend long looking at it today.

Half a choccie fahter Christmas eaten
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Great news for all the slinkies!!

Cut right down on my use of the computer .... didn't know I am on here so much until I'm making a conscious effort not to.

Done everything apart from this -

Lift chair/sofa cushions and vacuum under them
    Wipe leather furniture/vacuum sofas
    Sweep/mop/vacuum floor

Did intend to vacuum floor but have a rechargeable Dys0n and someone (mentioning no names - J) had left it uncharged so wasn't able to and now S is playing soldiers on the floor so no chance.

Also for the H2H I've spent a good 30 mins at least picking up stuff and slinging/putting away/in for recycling etc so feel positive about that.
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
  • Faete
    Faete Posts: 171 Forumite
    I worked late last night so didn't get anything done, but today I had a quick blitz on the bath room as the living room isn't in too bad shape.

• Scrubbed the bath and shower screen
    • Scrubbed the loo and added a Fresh Disc squidgey thing
    • Dusted the ceiling for cobwebs - where do they keep coming from?
    • Restocked the loo rolls
    • Put down fresh bath and loo mats and hand towels
    • Generally tidied up
    That's a hell of a lot more than I normally do on a work day! :rotfl:

Is the Slinkies thing a weight loss record? If so, I'd like to participate as I have two fat stone to shed!

Fae xx
    “Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde :p
    January Grocery Challenge - £189.44/£300.00 :D
    Save
    Save
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    The Xmas tree has finally left the building. All decorations waiting to go in the loft.

Our wonderful cleaner came today so the house is almost ready for photos. Just need to put away some items. And clear the e-bay pile. I listed a whole lot more last night so fingers crossed it sells.

Not going to have done well with Slinkydom today - I went to Mr T’s Hangry. Cue pork pies and Costa. AND to add insult to injury we’re havin Raclette tonight.

Ive just booked in for Spin tomorrow in an attempt to undo some of the damage!.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • roundtuit
    roundtuit Posts: 3,991 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Hello everyone :hello:

Just dropped by to update my signature for the Slinkies challenge :D

Minimum flying done today :o Made bed, fed birds, put rubbish & recycling out. That was done before I went to work. Plan to do more this evening has been abandoned - I've cooked my tea and eaten it and read my book. I'm drained - they had the radio on slightly louder in the office today and I couldn't tune it out :( the constant noise wears me down; by the time I left work I was contemplating throwing the dratted thing out of the window. Rationally I know I should just ask them to turn the volume down, but I didn't have the right head on to have the confidence to ask :( I'm useless.

Can I have a hug please?

Rxx
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
  • Hugs - noise like that is very wearing. I'm the opposite, I need the noise of a radio to drown out the babble of people's working noise, especially the tapping of keyboards.

I am officially pooped! After my hugely successful morning pre work, work was good, but no opportunity for flying.

So here's my list from today;

Cook tea
    Update ynab categories
    Dry washing away
    Put pickle's wardrobe together
    Air the upstairs (open all the upstairs windows)
    Sort out wing back chair to be fixed
    Walker toy into boot of the car

Living room:
    Empty rubbish bins
    Clear coffee table & wipe
    Clear clutter and regime
    Wipe coasters
    Wipe switches, sockets and handles
    Wipe window sills
    Clear wool stash
    Sort electricals and technical corner
    Binbag fling
    Sort toys in front room
    Hoover front room (including the corners/edges)
    Ring and organise blind repair

Two jobs not done:
    Walker toy to carboot pile
    Mad half hour in loft.

Off to check tomorrow's tasks now. Hoping I don't get a phone call for supply work now.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,758 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    CHALLENGES (POST 2)

I have trawled through this thread and attempted to add people to challenges.

let me know if I missed anyone.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • katto
    katto Posts: 6 Forumite
    I’ve not been massively productive - busy couple of work days - have swished and swiped bathroom, hoovered lounge and cleared/dusted coffee table. Have just got two house bunnies and can see constant hoovering in my future! So cute - so messy!

I’m doing quite well about taking lunches to work so far this year - really want to have a good month financially and taking lunch from home definitely will help. Just being organised will help.

Thanks for the lists - I’m not doing much as so tired but a little is better than none!
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    ((Hugs)) roundtuit. You're doing brilliantly. X

I don't feel that I have achieved an awful lot today, just about keeping up with the dailies. I did a full day at work instead of the required 4 hours, in an attempt to catch up and get ahead. Fruitless task, but there you go. I might sneak in on Thursday morning for a couple of hours before I have to take DD for another appointment.
    This evening I have done some essential paperwork, but I am going to have factor in some time for getting stuck in with that a bit more as I am just doing the basics - that seems to be pretty much bill paying!

Dinner cooked, kitchen tidied, bedding changed, wm loaded, dw rinsed. Window cleaner came, so I just need to be in the house in daylight and I might see the difference. Ooooh, and there is a huge bag packed up ready to go to the cs tomorrow. H2H, here I come!

Well done to all those successes on the slinky challenge :T :T. I knew there was a good reason why the bathroom scales had migrated under the bed.....they keep telling me that I have gained more pounds. They are obviously lying, so I might throw them out :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure