Three charging me for a plan that doesn't exist

Options
Gt125
Gt125 Posts: 18 Forumite
PLEASE HELP

I'm panicking here. I don't know what to do. I took out a phone with three back in April as they had a huwaei deal which meant you could get a sonos speaker too. I paid for that and my BT contract alongside each other as my BT contract would expire in November. I asked three for the £37 for 4gb plan as I didn't really need an all in package right now. A few months pass and I actually have to use my 3 sim for the first time. I find out I'm being charged £43 for 500mb. I figure this surely can't be right so I check the website and it's £42 for the phone and 30gb of data. I have asked three about this today as my BT phone expires on the 5th November but they have told me I cannot change my plan and that this will have been right at the time I took out the phone, but the plans haven't changed since I took out the phone.

I'm even actually offering to pay more than I do right now as I want the unlimited data plan charged at £47 a month but they won't let me

This is what I was told

"Thanks for your patience. I'd liked to inform you our deals and offers keeps on changing hence we won't be able to offer the same price plan to you at similar rates."

"You can upgrade to 1GB data by increase in £3 in your monthly rental and you can upgrade to 2Gb data by increase in £6 in your monthly rental. Let me know which would you prefer?"

They want me to pay £49 for 2gb of data when a new customer can take out the same phone and have unlimited data for £2 less? Am I going mad? Surely this can't be right

I'm terrified. I have had nothing but a bad experience with three since I joined them and now I'm scared I will be stuck in a contract where I will undoubtedly go over my data every month or have to pay a hefty cancellation fee.

What are my rights here? I know for a fact I said on the recording I wanted the £37 for 4gb deal. £43 for 500mb doesn't even exist. The advisors on threes twitter even confirmed that.

Comments

• stragglebod
    stragglebod Posts: 1,324 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Three would have sent you a confirmation email when you joined - what did that say about the plan?
  • Gt125
    Options
    Three would have sent you a confirmation email when you joined - what did that say about the plan?
    I can't find it in my emails. I was sure I hadn't deleted it but it isn't there anymore.
  • Cisco001
    Cisco001 Posts: 4,018 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You should be able to download your bill.
    What did it say?
  • Gt125
    Options
    Cisco001 wrote: »
    You should be able to download your bill.
    What did it say?

That says £43 for 500mb aswell but that plan doesn't even exist on the website. i don't understand. how can it be that I'm paying more for 500mb than someone paying for 30gb?
  • Gt125
    Options
    I looked on the app to see if I could upgrade my plan from there. It has advanced 1gb data 600 minutes £16.00 - advanced 500mb of data 600 minutes for £13.00 - advanced 1gb data for 300 minutes - £13.00

I really don't understand how I have ended up on 500mb for £43 and why they won't let me change to a plan that actually has an average amount of data? Who uses less than 4g nowadays?
  • Rich2808
    Rich2808 Posts: 1,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Perhaps three should be able to provide proof this is what you applied for - say an email or something.

A lesson here is to check what you applied for in your account within 14 days of applying - after that you are stuck with them for the term of your contract.

Dealing with their Overseas call centre to find things out can be hard work. I got a credit check referral and spoke to their Indian based call centre who couldn’t refer me to their referral office in Glasgow as their systems were down. You can call India easily with three but not Scotland!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure