Weight Watchers Support

Comments

• Morning LL - thanks for the luck! Lost 3.4lbs so I’m really happy with that. :) I know it’s a bit more than I’ll generally lose each week, being week one and all, but I feel like I ate loads of zero point foods this week.

I’m reminding myself that from here on, half a pound or a pound a week will be just fine. I’m eating really healthy stuff, cooked lots more than I have in ages, really enjoyed eating it too. :p And I’m writing that here to remind myself! I’m someone who gets frustrated at slow progress but, I’ve just bought quite a few new tops that fit me and look nice for the size I am right now, that will still be good while I lose my first stone. Because this time around I’m determined to enjoy the process, see it as an interesting and even fun challenge and not be in a tearing hurry. :)

Hope you enjoy your meal out LL. I reckon you should be fine with all those saved points.

Not sure what I’m going to do yet today. The grass badly needs cutting but it’s a job I hate. Looks so much better afterwards but urgh, the thought...
  • Dorothy60
    Dorothy60 Posts: 86 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Well done Suzy, you must be thrilled. You made a really good point about enjoying the process of losing weight, eating nice healthy food and supporting each other. That’s the key I think. I know you go to a group LL so you meet fellow WWers, but I am online so being accountable to you lot will make the world of difference.

I can already wear some of my size 14 clothes from 2015 lol, but I still look lumpy in them, so am looking for a more streamlined look, then maybe a size 12 eventually. That will do me. Have always been curvy, but Someone said that they look wide, and I don’t really, just deep lol. So face on in the mirror I look okay, it’s just when I turn to the side!!

Have a great day everyone, sun shining here, off to pick up the grandkids soon for an overnight stay so don’t need to worry about being sedentary today,
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Well done Suzy. That's a cracking start. And, if, from now on, you can manage 1lb a week then the weight willl shift in no time. That's what I'm aiming for.

And more to the point I think we will learn new habits and hopefully we will be able to retain our new svelte healthy bodies indefinitely.

I have fully accepted now that I am inclined to gain weight easily and also I am very aware of the need to keep a strict eye on my blood sugar levels. So I am viewing this not as a "diet" but as a long term eating programme. That is why I'm taking such pains to learn as much as I can and to experiment with new foods and new ways of cooking.

Yesterday I dropped into my local baker. They do a fabulous sausage and stuffing cob (maybe that's a roll to you). Anyway I did a quick calculation and I reckoned there was probably almost a days worth of points there. Just goes to show. Yes it would have been delicious but not worth scuppering my weight loss for.

I have managed some Pilates and some resistance training using my rubber band and small hand weights this morning. Both my breakfast and my lunch were "free" so I have a bit of leeway with my evening meal and I can also save some points for eating out tomorrow.

Onwards and downwards......:D
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I didn't lose any weight this week as my GP says today that I have hypothyroidism.:(

I was thinking that I will have to stop WW until the end of May as I have had to go on Levothyroxine and I want to see if that has any effect on weight loss.

I'm just going to eat normally until then so I can get a true idea. Hopefully I can at least maintain the weight I am now but maybe I will lose more weight.

Hope you all do well. I will still read what you are up to and support you.xx:T
  • Drawingaline
    Drawingaline Posts: 2,941 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Hello! I am so pleased to see a ww thread.

I have been following the online program with mixed results since September. I am currently 13st 2, and my goal is 10st 7.or possibly 11st! I have found it so much harder to lose weight since hitting my 40's.

I work a very active job (I clean people's houses) but struggle to lose weight as I get sooooo hungry. But atm I have very few clothes that fit and am a stubborn woman and refuse to buy anything else in a size 16...... But even my (non observant) husband has noticed I keep wearing the same things....

So I will be subscribing and looking for hints.

I may also subscribe to the frump to fabulous thread. I lurked on it last year.
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • lessonlearned
    Good morning everyone.

Hello Drawingaline.....nice to have you aboard.

Wednesday. Good luck with the thyroid meds. Yes maybe just eat how you would eat normally (healthily though:rotfl:) so you can check whether the meds work for you. Hopefully you might have more energy soon.

Well I tried on some trousers that I haven't worn for 3 years (only wore them once so refused to get rid of them).

ta da....they fit.:j. It's a Great feeling. Spurs me on even more. :D
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post

Wednesday. Good luck with the thyroid meds. Yes maybe just eat how you would eat normally (healthily though:rotfl:) so you can check whether the meds work for you. Hopefully you might have more energy soon.

Well I tried on some trousers that I haven't worn for 3 years (only wore them once so refused to get rid of them).

ta da....they fit.:j. It's a Great feeling. Spurs me on even more. :D

Yeah, I'm not going to use it as an excuse to eat lots of junk food, haha.

That is such a good feeling when you can fit back into something again. Really shows how many inches you lose.:cool:
  • lessonlearned
    Hi Everyone.

Just back from WW. Lost 2lbs this week. :j:j

That target is starting to look achievable. :D.
  • Drawingaline
    Drawingaline Posts: 2,941 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Well done! My week has not gone well and have a trip to London to see a theatre show with dinner beforehand tomorrow. Weigh in on Wednesday. Really need to get my head back in the game.
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • Dorothy60
    Dorothy60 Posts: 86 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    GO YOU LL! weigh on day for me Thursday. Even if I lose just 1lb I will be happy. Signed up for 9 months and intend to get my money’s worth lol. Wish I could get my head round the app. Much younger colleagues show me but go so fast I’m lost. Sigh.

LL you mentioned that one day your breakfast and lunch consisted of free food. How did you manage that? Do you mind sharing? I eat breakfast and lunch at work and already fed up of two hard boiled eggs for breakfast. And a banana
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback