Quick Mobile Fix -- are they scammers?

Options

Comments

• Mental_max
    Options
    I bought a phone from them on 17 April and they still haven’t delivered it (6/5). They keep telling me they’re sorry it hasn’t been dispatched and please could I wait another 3 working days. I suspect you’re right and they’ve sold me a phone they don’t actually have. Fortunately I bought using a credit card so I’m about to cancel through the credit card company. I wish I’d read your review before buying the phone.
  • Drifternel
    Options
    Here's a review I just wrote for them.
    In answer to your question contact your banks Dispute Dept they will get you a refund if you can show them proof that the company acknowledges that you sre due a refund.
    Very, very poor customer service. I have been send from pillar to post for over a month and have still not revieved a refund for an item I cancelled before it was shipped.
    Each email requesting an update was answered with a variation of a stock response that basically said my refund would be arranged within a few days. Calling the customer service phone number resulted in being told that I was caller number 27 or thereabouts each time I called it. It was impossible to speak to anyone.

A terse email yesterday reminding me that I would be paid within their terms of 14 days! was the final straw.

Quick Mobile Fix is either badly managed and unable to fulfill its contractual obligations at this scale or is simply a cynical exercise in holding onto people's money in the hope that they will give up and go away through sheer frustration. Either is totally unacceptable and each person who answered my emails should be ashamed of themselves.

I would strongly advise you to shop elsewhere and if you do get caught up in their customer service shambles paying by credit or debit card means that your bank can recharge them on your behalf, which mine is now doing.
  • lunaguma
    Options
    Never will use them again!!!
    Would strongly advise avoiding this supplier. Initial service was good, ordered an iphone, arrived quickly, and worked well. The phone arrived with two small dents at the back but as it was (used/second hand)and I presumed this is normal. Two months later the phone stopped working (speaker/ audio IC). Contacted them, they promptly sent me a pre-paid postage label to send it back. This is where the good customer service ends. Despite 810 e-mails asking for an update, after over a month I had heard nothing back. They requested a payment of £100 for additional repair for audio IC which they claimed I broke by dropping the mobile. I never dropped my phone however as there was two small dents that I never reported to them as I received the mobile they would not want to deal with me.
    I called numerous times to speak to someone in charge but no one wanted to speak to me. After 1,5 month I still do not have my phone or my money. No one seems to answer any emails or phone calls.
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    If I sent an average of 27 emails a day for a month I think I'd be ignored too.
  • Traceytjns
    Options
    Keep away from this company they had my daughters iPhone for over 4 weeks for a repair then after numerous emails telephone calls in which they cut me off, I get an invoice for £35 for a battery for which I said no. Finally returned today and I took it to the phone box in Shrewsbury and they repaired it in 2 hours. Keep away from this company disgusting service ��
  • Jhool
    Jhool Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    Ordered a phone on 29th June on promise of 7 day (or sooner) delivery. Was Informed on 3rd July of a new delivery estimate of 17th July, so I cancelled on 3rd July. Was informed by them 2 days later that it takes 3-6 working days to authorise a cancellation and payment is 14 days after that. My credit card company says the merchant can make an electronic cancellation which happens instantly.

Alarmed by the numerous complaints from people waiting for money on this website and also Trust Pilot, I have submitted a claim to the Money Claims service for which I have paid a court fee of £35. It will be worth it if I do get my £472 back.
    The court has notified me that Quick Mobile Fix have rejected my claim and suggested we go to the Mediation service instead.

So in summary, I have paid £472, had their acknowledgment of my cancellation and they have now rejected my claim to the Court for a refund.
  • mobilejunkie
    Options
    1) You could have had the credit card refund the payment for free.

2) If issuing procedings, you needed to send a LBA beforehand.

You can still proceed with the court claim regardless, but you appear to have failed to offer them the chance to pay up first (the LBA) which the court may not be impressed by.
  • Jhool
    Options
    Hi, Thanks for your input
    Yes, my Credit card will refund me as a last resort, but why would you let QMF get away without paying?

I have a stack of emails covering all of the points you make
  • mobilejunkie
    Options
    Except the important LBA, it seems.

I have taken companies to court several times (and got as far as the LBA more) but only do it when I am certain to win and they are messing me around or trying to get out of paying what is owed to me (on cashback contracts usually). That is the last resort (though I do it immediately if the LBA doesn't work after the initial challenge). They always pay up because they know they will lose. Rejecting a claim almost never happens - which suggests you may be on less firm ground. The credit card route in your situation would be my first resort. Court cases take time, cost money if lost and - in a case of some dodgy outfits - would involve escalating costs with debt collectors if they lose and still don't pay. I like holding people like CPW to account because I know I will win and I know they will pay, one way or another. Still, it won't change their outlook and the credit card route would be the best solution; I also doubt the credit card company would look kindly on companies who operate this way.

Court action may seem satisfying and prove thus IF you do it right; however, it's still a fair amount of effort and time which you will not get back.
  • Jhool
    Options
    What is LBA.

The Court guidance about procedure makes no mention of any such requirement
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business