Eye Brows and Lashes

Options

Comments

• jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    kerri_gt wrote: »
    It shouldn't look harsh after the healing time, unless that's what's been specifically asked for.

to be fair, my sister had this done, and whilst it looked harsh for the first month it did fade to look normal.

If you can spare the time for a vlog on this, a well respected beauty vlogger Nadine Baggot (think she's in her 40s or 50s so is very straight talking and honest and not swayed by brands as some of the newbie vloggers can be) she had this done and did report back on how it works.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzAZkPSSDw8

The only thing I'd say would be check your therapists previous clients on this- if they are wonky or done badly it can really be a pain in the X to correct- microblading is not forever, but it is quite pricey and you want to get what you paid for.
  • donnac2558
    donnac2558 Posts: 3,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have marked elizadavis384 post as spam.

Three posts all mentioning the same company;)
  • madlyn
    madlyn Posts: 1,023 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have virtually no eyebrow hair and what I do have is very fair. After years of trying various eyebrow pencils and potions to make them grow I gave up, did some research and had mine tattooed on last June and I have not looked back.
    Initially the lady tried microblading but said I was bleeding a bit to much and the colour she was putting on would just bleed out, so she switched to a tattoo gun but with a special needle for the job.
    Dont be put of by the "bleeding" because you cannot see it, and yes, for about 4 days they do look harsh but once the dead skin drops off they are great, and yes, there is a small amount of discomfort.
    Do your own research and if you are worried about looking daft book sometime off work for after you have had them done.
    SPC 037
  • JEN22
    JEN22 Posts: 612 Forumite
    Options
    Why was it spam? Is it not genuine
  • elizadavis384
    Options
    Exactly I was sharing my experience.
  • pennywitch
    Options
    As a typical over-enthusiastic 1980s tweezer user, I don't have much in the way of brows. They're beginning to grey a bit, so what I've got left is less and less obvious as I get older. I've just used an eyebrow pencil up until recently, but I'm really impressed at the moment with a Technic wax/powder kit that I got a couple of weeks ago. Even more so since I found it in a discount beauty shop in town for £1.49 :money:

With regard to growing brows back, I've never tried it, but I do remember reading something somewhere ages ago online about Vaseline promoting hair growth. This was seen as an unwanted side-effect rather than a bonus, with women pitching into the discussion to complain that they had acquired (barely visible) tashes as after years using it as a lip balm. I think women might eventually acquire barely visible tashes anyway, but since it's a product that most of us have around the house then it might be worth trying on your eyebrows for a while :)
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    I'm currently experimenting with a mixture of castor oil and coconut oil daily and massaging the eyebrows for 5 minutes after doing that, in a clockwise direction.

Wonder if that's the difference between the way your mother and yourself applied it? Maybe she massaged it in and you just dabbed a bit on and that was that?

Time will tell whether it works or no.

The report-back on that is I don't know whether it would have worked or no - as I found that it gave me bad skin (all lumpy and bumpy/small spots) by my eyebrows. On reading that that is a side-effect of doing this that some people experience - then I stopped doing this.

It took a couple of weeks but my skin got back to normal (ie I have pretty good skin).
  • yousuf22
    Options
    Yo, it is amazing. It gets amazing results but the only fussy part is that it gets into your eyes and makes everything blur. Now I use petroleum jelly ( vaseline) and it works really well as well. Not as bomb as Castor oil but it is effective.
    {Signature removed by Forum Team - if you are not sure why we have removed your signature please contact forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com}
  • KRS291
    KRS291 Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    There are some alternatives to microblading, HD Brows being one of them (essentially a combination of waxing, threading and tinting). I'll leave this link here for anyone who might want to read up a little more on the different semi-permanent treatments available nowadays which can improve the appearance of sparse brows (and even lashes). You can get some good advice also, and there are even more brow and lash serums available since this thread was first opened https://www.kbcosmetictattoo.co.uk/treatments:A
  • Murphybear
    Murphybear Posts: 7,278 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Following a serious illness a few years ago my brows and lashes are almost non existent. They weren’t particularly bushy before.

I have tried a few things to encourage new growth but sadly nothing has worked for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure