One Call Insurance

Options

Comments

• kenny62
    kenny62 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    Been waiting a week for them to get back to me some guy reversed into me why i was in shop he was with LV ,me one call i called them to report they said LV will try to contact me ignore them tell them there sorting it out , LV have contacted me 3 times trying to resolve & repair my car and give me a hire car like for like mines a big 4x4 at no cost to me LV sound like i be coming to you next time for my policy ONE CALL cant even reply to a e mail or phone call even after a week still no contact back to me even had a letter off LV offering repair

CANT WAIT WHAT THERE GOING TO TRY NEXT AFTER READING ALL THE BAD REVIEWS :-( BAD COMPANY...:mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    kenny62 wrote: »
    Been waiting a week for them to get back to me some guy reversed into me why i was in shop he was with LV ,me one call i called them to report they said LV will try to contact me ignore them tell them there sorting it out , LV have contacted me 3 times trying to resolve & repair my car and give me a hire car like for like mines a big 4x4 at no cost to me LV sound like i be coming to you next time for my policy ONE CALL cant even reply to a e mail or phone call even after a week still no contact back to me even had a letter off LV offering repair

CANT WAIT WHAT THERE GOING TO TRY NEXT AFTER READING ALL THE BAD REVIEWS :-( BAD COMPANY...:mad::mad::mad::mad:

They will try passing you to a credit hire company who will put you in a hire car at a very inflated cost for which you sign a credit agreement. The hire company will pay one call about £350 commission and as the car will cost about £120 a day they will take a long time to repair your car.

Or you could take up LV's offer and get your car repaired much quicker while LV put you in a similar car for a cost of nearer £50 a day. You get your car fixed quicker and in return you help keep the claims costs down
  • mrseggs
    Options
    When I did my insurance searching in February 2012,I used price comparison site and one call came up the cheapest by a few hundred pound so I rang them up. I spent over half hour on the phone because she started to change things. Apparently working nights for only 3times a week meant she had to re do the quote because I was now some higher risk. Strange seeing as I would have the car in a locked carpark manned by security and cameras, it safer there than home....anyway, by the time shedid it, the price was the same as other quotes so I took it seeing as id been on phone for so long. Didnt want to have to go thru it all again with another company.

She took payment and some new customer payment start up aswell to the value of nearly 200. She then asked for my email address. So I told her I dont have one. She said she needed to email me the docs. I dont use email because its full of spam and other crap n is easily hacked. She emailed me docs and told me check em. Then she tells me I need to send in driving licence copy! What the hell?? Why? In 9 yr I never been asked for that before n found it very strange!
    Heres when I got seriosly narked off... I log into email and when I try opening it, it wont let me open it. She'd sent two and neither would open. It was a pdf file. I dont do computers at the best of times and my computer was pretty old. Anyway I spent ages online downloading all different progs to allow me to open n read this email with no luck. I rang one call back and told her I was unable to open file and could not check details, I ask her to post them to me instead. She told me they dont do that, and I'd have to pay....£12. I told her to cancel the policy, I wasnt paying for something that should be free. She then told me it would cost me to cancel. Nearly 4 x More than the 12 quid they were trying to screw me for. Apparently its in the small print...this is the same small print I havent got access to until I pay the 12. I was livid. The insurance didnt start for another month n I was already regretting it. When the docs came I sat down and read every single word. In it said if they needed to phone me they would charge me 10pound, to send letter was 25pound and another price for if you change phone number n dont tell them, cheeky stalkers! There were many other rediculous prices for different things including ammendments of 55 a piece. I was having palpatations by this point wondering if they were gonna start randomly ringing to earn some cash!

I counted down the months until I could rid myself of this super turd company when they sent me a renewal. It was not bad but reading it it was for three years. I thought no way am I entering into any three yr contract with them shower of dungs. So I rang em up to tell them to post me my no claims proof. The guy telling me its a good quote n goin fo the sell. I tell him I got stung for 12quid for something I am entitled to by law,and there no way im staying with them in a three year deal. He said it not cintract and you can leave at after a year if u dont want it, but I told him I know hes saying this on the phone, but one year down the line I dont want b stung with charges because I cant prove what he said a year earlier...plus I had been done over for that twelve pound and would not be giving them the chance to do it again, he then offer to post docs for FREE! Cheeky load o bandits. Told him no ta, send me NCB proof. Funny, when I got it they had took a year off them so I ended up having to ring them again to get a proper one with right years otherwise it would have messed up my new insurance.

Anyway thats my story. I feel I got lucky only being done out of £12 as sime on here have had a lot worse
  • rudekid48
    rudekid48 Posts: 2,382 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.
  • bagpipe61
    bagpipe61 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 4 June 2014 at 2:04AM
    Options
    Took out insurance for my son one year ago. After 6 months we moved house and called them up to change address. Was billed over £400 for the privilege of doing that one small thing. Phoned them up to complain only to be told it was up to the Insurance Company (Aviva). Phoned THEM up and was told it was up to One Call. Anyway, that was that and had to pay, so insurance that started out at about £400, ended up being £1000+. Insurance was up on 2nd June 2014, only to be told on 3rd June 2014, that they had automatically renewed the policy. Tried to cancel, but wont allow by e-mail, Tried to get no claims, but cant as they say policy is active (even though we knew nothing about this). Was not notified of a price or anything, have just checked my bank and they have taken out.... wait for it...... £1750! I am absolutely gobsmacked! I cannot believe that this can be allowed. I will be on the phone tomorrow (all day) if that's what it takes. I will be posting on facebook, twitter and anything else that can name and shame them. I had already contacted the Ombudsman, so shall be doing this again, plus trading standards, a solicitor and anyone else that I can possibly think of, to make people aware, of their bad practice. I think there is enough bad reports about this company, for people to get up some kind of campaign to shut them down. Why should they be allowed to get away with this behaviour. Something needs to be done. So be warned, the £49 admin fees can easily go up to a ridiculous amount. DONT USE THEM:mad:
  • moneylove2014
    Options
    We did a comparison site thinking we were doing the right thing - saving money. What a complete nightmare this company are to deal with. How they are managing to stay in business is beyond me. Oh! Maybe the strategy is from still taking direct debits when people have cancelled with them. Or saving postage costs by SAYING they have sent letters and not sending them. Or I suppose the fine after fine after fine is a good moneymaker. REALLY REALLY BAD PRACTICE. They are my lesson from the universe in how not to manage a business.
  • mrseggs
    Options
    Has any tried contacting rogue traders or watchdog or something? As for taking 1750 out of your bank well that is disgusting. Personally, if they refused to give it back n they'd done it to me, I would be very inclined to have a prang with a Lamborghini to get my moneys worth. What is it...like 3million a bulb and 10 million a bumper. That be well worth losing no claims for just to see them part wi lotsa cash.
  • HLB42
    HLB42 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I wish I had seen these reviews before taking out car insurance with them.

Could someone tell me do they still do the Auto renewal that people have been writing about.

I have downloaded their terms and conditions and can't find it anywhere.
  • n_cox3
    Options
    I can't believe the shocking service from One Call Insurance. I chose this company for my car insurance as it was the best deal on compare the market.com but have had nothing but trouble with them. Admittedly I made a mistake on the initial form but instead of accepting human error I was hit with my first administration fee of £55. The letter for this was sent out to me at the same time as a cancellation letter not giving me time to respond so was also hit with extra premium and another admin fee of £55. I changed my number plate and informed them by telephone and then received a letter from the Motor Insurance database saying my car was uninsured. I have just spoken to them and had a choice of another £55 admin fee or cancelling and only receiving 55% of my premium back ( I started the policy in March)! I have no choice but to see out the year but will absolutely change companies after this .
    DO NOT USE ONE CALL INSURANCE FOR ANYTHING - IT IS A DISGRACEFUL COMPANY.
    We have managed to sort out shocking banking admin fees. Let's hope insurance companies are next.
  • Justinian_2
    Options
    This company is truly awful. I received a letter about a new policy, saying I had to provide additional documents within 7 days, OR ELSE. The letter was sent 2nd class. The address was incomplete. When I complained, saying the letter to me ought to have been sent 1st class, an insulting young man said there was no difference between 1st and 2nd class. His manner was insolent. He refused to put me through to a manager. I have written a letter of complaint but I expect nothing. It is quite clear from the nature and number of posts that this company should be avoided at all costs. You get what you pay for. I shall remember that infuture.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback