3 - 6 month Emergency Fund Challenge (part 2)

Comments

• Afternoon everyone, number #15 checking in with this month's addition of £35. Thanks Dobbi :)
    MrsMouse
    #47 - 2020 MFW 449.29/1200
    #15 - 3/6 month Emergency Fund Challenge 661.89

2019 ~~ MFW: 1122.33 / EF: £1000
  • hi

No 2 creeping back in

Well im having building work done at home, starting soon and ive had to get all the cash together i had to get everything done so im down to ..... nil

But i want to start again as i don't like having nothing as an emergency back up so here i am - lets get started

i want the target to stay at £3,000 - so let the fun begin

enjoy your weekend folks
  • Rosie75
    Rosie75 Posts: 609 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Good morning all,

#14 updating, now at £3,000

Thanks Dobbi!
    3-6 Month Emergency Fund #14: £9000 / £10,000
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,134 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Well done Rosie75 - I've updated post #2 for you - you are sitting at a comfy 30% :D

Can you believe we are getting into autumn already... the 1st October has come around so quickly.

Time for cosy nights in or wrapped up for a walk through the trees and the leaves.

Keep on keeping on everyone ;)
    We can do this!

Dobbi :D
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • MrsMouse
    MrsMouse Posts: 61 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hi Dobbi, can you please add £35.00 for me #15. Thank you.
    MrsMouse

• Dobbibill
    MrsMouse wrote: »
    Hi Dobbi, can you please add £35.00 for me #15. Thank you.

Brilliant stuff MrsMouse - you are now sitting on £399.45 aka 2.50%.

If you do a tilly tidy, an extra 55p would give you a lovely round figure of £400 ;)

Keep on keeping on - you are doing amazing
    Dobbi
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• MrsMouse
    MrsMouse Posts: 61 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Dobbibill wrote: »
    Brilliant stuff MrsMouse - you are now sitting on £399.45 aka 2.50%.

If you do a tilly tidy, an extra 55p would give you a lovely round figure of £400 ;)

Keep on keeping on - you are doing amazing
    Dobbi
    Tempting, but we're now in November :D
    MrsMouse

• nyc_451
    nyc_451 Posts: 502 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Hello Dobbi, may I please increase my target and re-join the challenge? :o

I thought about my finances and decided that I need a bigger cushion for any future emergencies. Will be paying off my debt of approximately 7k at the same time, will try to overpay it a little bit each month (fixed payment is £215), it is only 3% apr so not too bad.

Current savings: £3,600/£7,200.

Debt: £6,681... :(
  • Dobbibill
    blue_mango wrote: »
    Hello Dobbi, may I please increase my target and re-join the challenge? :o

I thought about my finances and decided that I need a bigger cushion for any future emergencies. Will be paying off my debt of approximately 7k at the same time, will try to overpay it a little bit each month (fixed payment is £215), it is only 3% apr so not too bad.

Current savings: £3,600/£7,200.

Debt: £6,681... :(

Hi blue_mango - of course you can ;)
    Am I right in thinking you have added £600 and would like to change the target to £7200? I've updated it to this for now, which puts you on 50.00% to goal. Let me know if it's different and I'll amend.

I'm sure with your determination, you won't be long debt-busting and that will soon be gone.
    Keep at it - you are doing brilliantly.

Dobbi

• nyc_451
    nyc_451 Posts: 502 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Dobbibill wrote: »
    Hi blue_mango - of course you can ;)
    Am I right in thinking you have added £600 and would like to change the target to £7200? I've updated it to this for now, which puts you on 50.00% to goal. Let me know if it's different and I'll amend.

I'm sure with your determination, you won't be long debt-busting and that will soon be gone.
    Keep at it - you are doing brilliantly.

Dobbi

That's correct Dobbi, thank you! :) My savings really depend on the income from a lodger and overtime, there are times when I get no additional monies so I better save while I can....

I'm already in my early 30s and if I change my mind about having kids, it will be before 35, so I'm trying to get my finances in shape, just in case. :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback