HolidaySafe Travel Insurance - Your Feedback

Comments

• uk1
    uk1 Posts: 1,839 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    It isn’t as good as a Ponzi scheme, because no one other than the directors appear to get paid.
  • This is the worst Insurance company I have ever dealt with. I suffered acute pancreatitis in Crete in June. My traumatised wife contacted the company on the number given and was told that I was covered for a private clinic. When I arrived at the clinic the diagnosis was made. My excess was £500 so I was not covered for their bill. Incidentally, the staff at the clinic who deal with policies all the time said that they had NEVER encountered such a large excess. I was then told that I had to be admitted to hospital and because we had been told that I was covered for private health went to the private hospital. After I had been there for a day I was told that private care was not covered. Furthermore the hospital refused even to speak to TIF because they had been unpaid by them on countless previous occasions. I was in hospital for 4 days and had to settle the bill myself on a credit card before I was allowed to leave. The medical fees alone were nearly £5000. Throughout the whole procedure the company were appalling to deal with. They are a complete disgrace. They are now receiving bad press in the national papers. Not before time! My advice would be never to use them as inevitably you will have a great deal of stress when you need it least and will be left dissatisfied with the end result. Their promises are not worth the paper they are written on. My policy purported to cover me for £10 million of medical cover and repatriation costs. What a joke and what a con.
  • Appalling company. The TIMES article (20/11/18) was spot on. TrustPilot – don’t even think of taking this review down and TIF don't deny you know this case reference. You know full well I had to take you to the Financial Ombudsman to recover the cost of the air ambulance WE PAID for our mother to be evacuated at the request of the treating surgeons. You offered us £4,000 as a free option, thinking we might grab the cash but the Ombudsman made you pay a multiple of that which still didn't cover the full cost we paid, you should have paid when we needed it. The GMC are perusing this case against TIF “doctors” on our behalf.
  • My girlfriend was hit by a car in vietnam and taken to hospital so I rang the insurance and told them and it all seemed fine, I filled out the forms that were sent over and sent them back. The hospital then came and told me that my insurance wouldn't pay them meaning I had to pay over £1000 in medical bills in cash which I just about managed. After returning home I was constantly told for two weeks that our case was being reviewed however I was then told I needed to fill out another piece of paperwork which I was meant to do at the start which I was never told about and the case couldn't go any further until I had done so. I would be told one week and you'll have answer yet I was never contacted, I would have to ring up and wait 40 minutes on the phone to speak to someone that didn't know anything about the case to then be told we need this piece of info now. I was finally (3 months after) told they would pay out (coincidentally the night after we posted a complaint about them on Twitter) and I would have it in 5 days time, it's now been 15 and no contact from them only calls and emails that I have initiated I have only been rung once by them.
  • jonathan_Caine
    jonathan_Caine Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 5 January 2019 at 2:38PM
    Hello,
    I made a claim early 2018 after heavy snowfall closed the slopes. I forwarded the paperwork, but my claim was rejected.
    We understand that you were unable to ski for 2 days due to piste closure as a result of adverse weather.
    Unfortunately, your selected policy (HolidaySafe Lite) does not include cover for Piste closure. Cover is only provided in the event of avalanche or absence of snow. We are therefore unable to consider your claim.
    I wrote back as the policy wording stated ‘unable to ski in your pre-booked resort due to adverse weather conditions including lack of snow'.
    This wording does not suggest cover is solely for lack of snow, but adverse conditions including lack of snow, so I wrote back twice. I received no replies except the standard automated replies, then I wrote to the ombudsman. The rejection was quickly changed to accepted and the payment made with a small additional payment for my inconvenience.
    I won't use Holidaysafe again as this was an obvious case of ' ignore the customer and they will go away eventually'.
  • uk1
    uk1 Posts: 1,839 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    The Holidaysafe/TIF forum rep hasn't even bothered reading posts since November 2018 and they have removed TIF linkage for some of their sub-brands on the individual web sites presumably in order to mislead the public with respect to the links to TIF.

I find it bewildering that with all the so-called insurance protections we are supposed to have that an outfit with this track record is allowed to continue taking premium income.
  • Holidaysafe_Representative
    Holidaysafe_Representative Posts: 108 Organisation Representative
    Hi jonathan Caine,

Thank you for your post, my name is Amber and I am the Manager for Holidaysafe Travel Insurance.

Firstly, I am so sorry you were dissatisfied with your experience with us. Your feedback is unacceptable and I would like to investigate what happened here so I can discuss with the Claims Manager.

To allow me to do this, can you please email me your surname, date of birth and postcode so I can track down your policy? If you also have your claim or complaint number to hand that would be really helpful.

Once again I am very sorry for any and all inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

Amber
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Holidaysafe. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • I need to buy new holiday insurance for myself and partner , we were both using Holidaysafe in the past and after reading all the horror stories its very true that no one reports untruths and the duck analogy speaks volumes.
    Is there any recompense for premiums paid to this insurance company. if so can anyone post links etc or is it a lost cause
    I think I have found a reputable company called coverwise and does anyone have any experience before I take the plunge very soon as we are off to some winter sun .
  • holidaysafe are refusing to pay a claim for lost property in france because we didnt get a police report, even though they know full well french police dont give lost property reports! the Gendarmerie IN TWO TOWNS told us they dont do it, UK police helpline when we got home told us they dont bother any more, even holidaysafes own staff at the beginning of the claim said it wouldnt be a problem but the claim dept are now insisting on seeing a report, sounds like they are wriggling out of it
  • Holidaysafe_Representative
    Holidaysafe_Representative Posts: 108 Organisation Representative
    Hi Davsato,

My name is Amber and I am part of the Holidaysafe team. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your claim. If you email your name, date of birth and postcode to holidaysafe@tifgroup.co.uk I can liaise with the claims team on your behalf to try and reach a resolution for you.

Kind regards,

Amber
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Holidaysafe. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure