PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

KonMari 2018 - The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up

Options

Comments

• Siebrie
    Siebrie Posts: 2,900 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    For your benefit and amusement, I have counted my cotton hankies :) I have 57! And 6 farmer's hankies (g00gle boerenzakdoek and you'll see what I mean). AND I had nearly all of them in use last week for my very bad cold. They all sparked joy for their usefulness, but quite a few not for their appearace, being either men's or very loud. They are all staying until they wear out.

About half or even two thirds were inherited / given to me, and all are over five years old, some even 20.
    Are you wombling, too, in '22? € 58,96 = £ 52.09Wombling in Restrictive Times (2021) € 2.138,82 = £ 1,813.15Wombabeluba 2020! € 453,22 = £ 403.842019's wi-wa-wombles € 2.244,20 = £ 1,909.46Wombling to wealth 2018 € 972,97 = £ 879.54Still a womble 2017 #25 € 7.116,68 = £ 6,309.50Wombling Free 2016 #2 € 3.484,31 = £ 3,104.59
  • ScarletRibbons
    Options
    Your post reminded me that have a bag of cotton hankies, I'd forgotten about them!!

Some of mine are "inherited" there a a couple of silk ones that came from my MIL, and she died back in 1970. I must be pretty old then.
  • grunnie
    grunnie Posts: 1,789 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I inherited a few silk and lace hankies and added some lavender I had dried a ribbon round the neck a d hang them in my wardrobe
  • carrielovesfanta
    Options
    Gradually adding some bits to the charity bag - several music dvds that my mum passed to us that were of bands we have no interest in (Asia anyone?!) and a book about the history of the North Sea.
    I feel quite sad about this book as I felt that I would be very interesting. It was interesting but something about the style made it nearly impossible to read. I'm normally a really fast reader and I kept having to re-read pages several times to follow them. I told myself that I would get to the end and then cs it, but gave up half way through.
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • PollyWollyDoodle
    Options
    I hate giving up on a book, but decided a few years ago that it's just not worth going on if it's not enjoyable to read, no matter how interesting the subject is.

I turned my underwear drawer out at the weekend - I bought two new bras last week so decided it was time to chuck out the grey, saggy and not-very-good-fit ones. I can't decide how many bras a girl actually needs, how many do you all have? (Mine are expensive engineered ones, I can't get my size in most places!)

I found some lovely undies that passed the first round of Kondo; but they are ones that I never wear. I really like comfy cotton ones, and these are lacy and flowery, they were bought to match bras which have long gone. I don't know why I hung onto them, they haven't been worn in the last three years so it's time they went. Although most have only been worn a couple of times, I don't think there is anywhere I can recycle used knickers!
    Life is mainly froth and bubble: two things stand like stone. Kindness in another’s trouble, courage in your own.
  • carrielovesfanta
    Options
    I hate giving up on a book, but decided a few years ago that it's just not worth going on if it's not enjoyable to read, no matter how interesting the subject is.

I turned my underwear drawer out at the weekend - I bought two new bras last week so decided it was time to chuck out the grey, saggy and not-very-good-fit ones. I can't decide how many bras a girl actually needs, how many do you all have? (Mine are expensive engineered ones, I can't get my size in most places!)

I found some lovely undies that passed the first round of Kondo; but they are ones that I never wear. I really like comfy cotton ones, and these are lacy and flowery, they were bought to match bras which have long gone. I don't know why I hung onto them, they haven't been worn in the last three years so it's time they went. Although most have only been worn a couple of times, I don't think there is anywhere I can recycle used knickers!

I have some knickers that have this issue too. Not sure why I bought them to match the bras tbh... it's not like I really care!

Any uses for barely used knickers?
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • Siebrie
    Siebrie Posts: 2,900 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I am sure I have seen nice secondhand undies in charity shops. If they do not accept them, maybe a women's shelter / refugee centre?
    Are you wombling, too, in '22? € 58,96 = £ 52.09Wombling in Restrictive Times (2021) € 2.138,82 = £ 1,813.15Wombabeluba 2020! € 453,22 = £ 403.842019's wi-wa-wombles € 2.244,20 = £ 1,909.46Wombling to wealth 2018 € 972,97 = £ 879.54Still a womble 2017 #25 € 7.116,68 = £ 6,309.50Wombling Free 2016 #2 € 3.484,31 = £ 3,104.59
  • littlegreenparrot
    Options
    For a good home for pretty but unwanted knickers have a look at the Smalls for all charity.
    They distribute them in refugee camps and similar.

Hope this helps x
  • firebubble
    Options
    Nearly new premium brand knickers I either add to one of the clothes donation bins, or a charity shop which works with the homeless.

Apparently underwear (mens and women's) is always in demand because it's not something people donate.
  • PollyWollyDoodle
    Options
    Thanks - these are all pristine so I'll put them in the next charity bag. Thank you for the 'Smalls for All' reference, but they want (understandably) new pants and 'gently worn' bras. Afraid mine are 'heavily used and rather tired'.
    Life is mainly froth and bubble: two things stand like stone. Kindness in another’s trouble, courage in your own.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure