Memorygirls Make Do and Mend for 2008 Thread

Comments

• Uniscots97
    Uniscots97 Posts: 6,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Congrats on the baby boy, and thanks for posting the instructions for making the sling.
    CC2 = £8687.86 ([STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE] )CC1 = £0 ([STRIKE]£9983[/STRIKE] ); Reusing shopping bags savings =£5.80 vs spent £1.05.Wine is like opera. You can enjoy it even if you don't understand it and too much can give you a headache the next day J
  • fizzel81
    fizzel81 Posts: 1,623 Forumite
    congratulations on a baby boy, well done on making the sling, if you do need a buggy i have a whole travel system here (i cannot see me ahving any more babies)
    DFW nerd club number 039 :p 'Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts' :money: i will be debt free aug 2010

2008 live on 4k +cb £6,247.98/£6282.80 :T
    sealed pot 2670g
    2009 target £4k + cb £643.89:eek: /£6412.80
  • sammy_kaye18
    sammy_kaye18 Posts: 3,656 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Congratulations Memory Girl and hope your little chap and otehr littlie is ok.

What did you name your little one after???

Well done on making the sling and I hope to hear more about your making do and mending.
    Making Changes To Save My Life
    April step goal ~ 25,021 of 130,000 steps complete so far
  • rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi MG, glad to see you back here! well done on making your own baby sling, you're such an inspiration

waiting for your next instalment :)
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • Mich_H
    Mich_H Posts: 4 Newbie
    Congratulations on your new arrival!

I have to admit to lurking for a while before registering and posting - you inspired me to plan my meals and sort out my craft projects - so far I've got two cross stitch projects to frame and two more presents to complete. I've also got all my cards sorted out now - finally getting a little more organised now! I also took a leaf out of your book and got a housekeeping book to track my spending - it's surprising where it all goes isn't it!

Now to learn how to knit and sew and grab a few more hours in each day and I'm sorted! lol

All the best for you and your little ones
    Michelle
  • zarazara
    zarazara Posts: 2,264 Forumite
    MANY CONGRATS MG on the birth of your baby boy.
    this thead is great.
    I am looking forward to reading it regulaly.
    "The purpose of Life is to spread and create Happiness" :j
  • Ada_Doom
    Ada_Doom Posts: 243 Forumite
    Congratulations on your baby boy!!

I am lurker but really love this thread and think your family sounds great. Hope to hear more from you.....
  • furball
    furball Posts: 435 Forumite
    Congratulations on your little one,:j how does DS like being a big brother, are you allowed to post new arrivals name. Was he born in your new house or at parents. Love the thread, did you manage to get the £400 back? Well done on the baby sling. Hugs to all.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away. – Hilary Cooper
    :jFlylady and proud of it:j
  • moanymoany
    moanymoany Posts: 2,877 Forumite
    Aah, lovely news. :happyhear

I well remember my little boy being born. Who can believe that this year he is on the So You Think You're Funny at the Edinburgh Festival representing Australia.

I will never forget feeding him, whenever I smiled at him he dropped the nipple and gave me a big milky smile back - it could take ages to get finished. Such a lovely, easy and loving baby - who would have guessed he would have become a Kevin and Perry adolescent!
  • bellaquidsin
    bellaquidsin Posts: 1,100 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Congratulations memorygirl and welcome back.

I hope you will be able to find the time to keep us updated with your make do and mending in between all the knitting, sewing and general childcare.

You are truly an inspitation and bring many happy memories back to me of the days when make do and mend was just a way of life.

All the best to you and your family.

Bella.
    A man's life consisteth not in the abundance of things which he possesseth. Luke 12 v 15
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure