I've been awarded PIP

I am actually in shock. Money was paid into my account this morning. Not had my letter yet but I assume I've been given the standard rate, not for mobility, my mobility is ok at the moment.

I'm just so surprised, I was expecting a letter to say no and then having to do the MR and tribunal route. Especially after reading loads online about how hard it is to get and how bad the assessors are, mine was really very nice. It's a blessing as next month I am very much likely to be sacked from my job.

Comments

• Well done you, but remember few people go online as you have to give a positive view, most only do so when it goes wrong.
    Sorry to hear you expect to lose your job.
  • LocoLoco
    LocoLoco Posts: 420 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    It's great that it's gone through so well for you; as venison says, people tend to post more when there's a problem so you do tend to expect the worst! Ours went through without any problems as well and the lady that did my son's assessment was lovely; she had actually read and understood all of the reports I'd sent in and was quoting bits from them, I was so impressed! She was lovely with my son and he got enhanced rate for both categories so although I didn't see her report she must have given a fair description of his needs. Sorry about your job, though, I hope something else comes along for you xx
  • micky2phones
    micky2phones Posts: 485 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi, i agree with the two above posts, but also IMO its a lot to do with the person who takes the assessment.

There are lots of tricks they do, there's also not enough time for you to answer the question they ask.

As with most people there maybe multi health conditions and the answer is not yes or no.

People's threshold to pain must vary, how they cope with their conditions, what support they have around them.

There's a lot lost from what's said and written, but at the same time there's lots who had abused the system over many years.

It must be a hard and stressful job to do.
  • sazaccount
    sazaccount Posts: 537 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    My mums first PIP claim went though like that, even though they say that the diagnosis doesn't make a difference we think it did as at the time she was diagnosed with Parkinsons (since been changed as the condition wasn't getting worse fast enough, even though they caught it by accident and started medication) and from a previous stroke. PIP came though within 6 weeks standard care. When the review came up mum received 0 points on everything had to take it right though to tribunal where she received high care and standard mobility.
    Thanks to money saving tips and debt repayments/becoming debt free I have been able to work and travel for the last 4 years visiting 12 countries and working within 3 of them. Currently living and working in Canada :beer: :dance:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure