Mystery envelope

Tigg
Tigg Posts: 370 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
edited 10 June 2019 at 1:54PM in Compers chat corner
I have had a few small wins lately so when an envelope of the kind that often contains vouchers or coupons arrived today I was quite hopeful. But it has been opened and is empty, nothing to say who it was from anywhere, just the postage paid sticker on the front. :mad:

Anyone know if the sender can be identified from the number given on these labels? Any ideas?

Anyone get a similar piece of mail, perhaps with just a voucher of some sort? I'd prefer my thief only got away with 15p off something they don't eat!

It says; POSTAGE PAID GB HQ68586

02/31500/0004676

Comments

• custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Tigg wrote: »
    I have had a few small wins lately so when an envelope of the kind that often contains vouchers or coupons arrived today I was quite hopeful. But it has been opened and is empty, nothing to say who it was from anywhere, just the postage paid sticker on the front. :mad:

Anyone know if the sender can be identified from the number given on these labels? Any ideas?

Anyone get a similar piece of mail, perhaps with just a voucher of some sort? I'd prefer my thief only got away with 15p off something they don't eat!

It says; POSTAGE PAID GB HQ68586

02/31500/0004676

opened and empty or not sealed properly and empty?
  • Tigg
    Tigg Posts: 370 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    It has been sealed, the edge is sticky but the flap has been torn in the middle and then the flap carefully folded right inside and stuck down on the inside of the envelope. It would have been impossible for a machine to do this.
  • Omg! I recieved the exact same! Sticky envelope completely empty practically the same numbers on and it was completely empty.
    The worst thing is i dont even know what coupons they stole ������
  • omg i got this too. Ha didnt think i would find others online with same problem. phoned royal mail they said no way of tracking
  • custardy
    So 3 items. Im happy to bet you have a bulk posting freebie thats been poorly sealed.
  • It was sealed good just been ripped open. Royal mail says they cant do anything to track so they no help.
  • Did any of you guys apply for PG tips coupons? Cos i have a feeling it might be them that got stolen but its hard to determine cos i applied for so many ����
  • custardy
    Jadette wrote: »
    It was sealed good just been ripped open. Royal mail says they cant do anything to track so they no help.

How do you mean 'sealed good'?
    To be clear I have seen thousands of items poorly packaged.
    plenty of freebie type junk whacked into envelopes not fit for purpose.
    These split,burst,pop open.
  • It was stuck down and you can see where the envelope was ripped where someone had opened
  • custardy
    Jadette wrote: »
    It was stuck down and you can see where the envelope was ripped where someone had opened

Yes. Or perhaps. Crazy long shot here.
    The item was bulky and put into an envelope not fit for purpose.
    The volume posted here alone would suggest so but hey,what would I know.

I know I would be desperate to get my hands on (for example)PG tips vouchers even if it meant the chance of a criminal record
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure