Royal Mail 2nd class

Comments

• RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,009
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    You were getting a faster service somewhere else?

With franked mail I started getting letters saying I was posting mail on the wrong day. The PO assured me it was being collected the same day so the mind boggles as to where the post man collecting this was sitting on it somewhere!!!
    I've answered above. I've got three sorting offices within 30 minutes drive. I've only had a problem with one. That sorting office is connected to a Post Office so I have to go in the Post Office to drop off rather than hand it straight to Royal Mail. My problem was actually with the Post Office staff who took exception to handling it. They have a fair point in that they're essentially working for nothing but I never set the system up!
  • charlies_mum
    charlies_mum Posts: 8,117
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    RFW wrote: »
    Have you got another one near by?
    I don't send much volume by RM any more but when I did my most local sorting office had taken against my post, it went from next day delivery to 5-7 day delivery for second class. Before anyone suggests it was paranoia on my part I had it on relatively good authority that my post was being left on one side.

I then started taking it to another sorting office which was an extra 20 minutes away. That then went ok.

The guys in my sorting ffice are lovely, we get on well and I take them a box of biscuits at Christmas

My Mail then goes to the main depot in Wolverhampton so the problem is either there or with the local delivery offices

I will keep a note if when it happens and see if there is any one particular area with a orobkem
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
  • RFW
    Forumite
    The guys in my sorting ffice are lovely, we get on well and I take them a box of biscuits at Christmas
    Have you asked them if there's a problem any where?
  • charlies_mum
    charlies_mum Posts: 8,117
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    RFW wrote: »
    Have you asked them if there's a problem any where?

Yes, they aren't aware of any problems.
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
  • RFW
    Forumite
    Yes, they aren't aware of any problems.
    It's odd then. It does sound like a problem in the chain you're using, so either your local sorting office or the regional one. Maybe see if any other sellers near you have had similar changes in feedback comments.
    My only other idea would be to switch to first class for a few days. That should see more "fast delivery" feedback comments.
  • No ones mentioned it so it's worth asking are the items a new product line or similar to one another in some way that might affect buyers. There seems to still be a small minority of buyers who think it's easier to blame Royal Mail and say it hasn't turned up than say it's broken or SNAD. I don't know why can't buyers simply be honest and say they put the scissors through the item when trying to open, however Royal Mail gets blamed and we for one, put a claim through every time.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • Archergirl
    Archergirl Posts: 1,762
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    The people in my post office get fed up with people doing online postage and then taking it into the post office for proof of posting forms, I always get stamps so I don't feel guilty getting proof of posting but it must be frustrating for them doing the work for no gain to the post office. The speed of delivery does vary sometimes and with the C word coming it gets worse........
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Archergirl wrote: »
    The people in my post office get fed up with people doing online postage and then taking it into the post office for proof of posting forms, I always get stamps so I don't feel guilty getting proof of posting but it must be frustrating for them doing the work for no gain to the post office. The speed of delivery does vary sometimes and with the C word coming it gets worse........

Isnt there? Im not up on the contract between RM and POC. Are you?
  • Archergirl
    Archergirl Posts: 1,762
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    No I am not, but only saying what the people in my post office told me.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Archergirl wrote: »
    No I am not, but only saying what the people in my post office told me.

Because they want you to post direct with them. Understandable.
    However,given the commercial agreements between POC & RM,I don't see it being done for free.
    Especially given RMs drive to get parcels posted via delivery offices.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure