Frugal Living 2011 - the preparation stage

Comments

• lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I am shocked at how low some of your gas and electric bills are, err jealous actually lol. Feel so much more motivated to sstick to budget now I have a definate idea of costs

Hello there! Hows it going with your gas now did you get to the bottom of it?
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • NualaBuala
    NualaBuala Posts: 2,507 Forumite
    Welcome to everyone who is new to this and lovely to see old friends too. :)

Lynz - great to see you back! :j:j:j

I find all the budgets and strategies inspiring so thank you all for sharing.
    Trying to spend less time on MSE so I can get more done ... it's not going great so far! :)
    Sorry if I don't reply to posts - I'm having MAJOR trouble keeping up these days!

Frugal Living Challenge 2011

Sealed Pot #671 :A DFW Nerd #1185
  • lynzpower
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Hiya Nuala :wave: great to be back :wave:

So much has changed in the last year :D Im a lot poorer but a lot happier :D

Aaaah must try a lot harder. Jan 2011 is not even that far away is it?
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    This Ive come to know...
  • hi, no! I am turning every switch in airing cupboard off when not using heat, this stops the water flowing tho to the shower, heat the house for an hour in mornings to take off the chill, keep doors closed , and heating on again from 6 til 8, . we are in an old council style house, and we have been told the huse needs a total update, new boiler, fire to be ripped out, thats whats costing me, gas fire is not useable but boiler thingy is behind the fire and is igniting and clicking away constantly, thats whats costing me i think. housing are coming out in nw year. taking out the fire, thankfully i am able to have a real log fire!!!!!! so am going to have that put in, if i am allowed. All the necessary bits are there to have one. then my house would be roasting! x
    Frugal living challenge 2011
    ....Failing miserably so far!
    Getting Married in 2013 :j
  • lynzpower
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Yes, it does sound like there might be gas escaping, that bouiler clicking away sounds weird, did you get a carbon monixide alarm?

Hope it comes down for you a lot, sounds like you have been spending a fortune and you do have to wonder why :eek:
    This Ive come to know...
  • cw18
    cw18 Posts: 8,618 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    tv licence £155 ??
    £145.50 :)

They announced they were freezing it for the next 6 years
    Cheryl
  • NualaBuala
    lynzpower wrote: »
    Hiya Nuala :wave: great to be back :wave:

So much has changed in the last year :D Im a lot poorer but a lot happier :D

Aaaah must try a lot harder. Jan 2011 is not even that far away is it?
    Well you deserve it pet ... the happier bit, not the poorer bit! :D
    Trying to spend less time on MSE so I can get more done ... it's not going great so far! :)
    Sorry if I don't reply to posts - I'm having MAJOR trouble keeping up these days!

• lynzpower
    Combo Breaker First Post
    NualaBuala wrote: »
    Well you deserve it pet ... the happier bit, not the poorer bit! :D

hahaaha :D

Well I prefer poor and doing my own thing, than comfortable and dancing to a tune that 'just doesnt sound right'

;) if you get my drift :D
    This Ive come to know...
  • NualaBuala
    lynzpower wrote: »
    hahaaha :D

Well I prefer poor and doing my own thing, than comfortable and dancing to a tune that 'just doesnt sound right'

;) if you get my drift :D
    I'm with you 100% there! :)

• slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Joining in - me too :D
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport