PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

April 2010 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• Fluffy30
    Fluffy30 Posts: 36 Forumite
    Hello! I havent tried this one before but would like to give it a go :)

Please could you put me down for £150

Thank you!
    Loan1 [STRIKE]£11854.3[/STRIKE] £11420.62 CCard [STRIKE]£5770.52[/STRIKE] £5546.03 Loan2 £4383.90 LoanUncle £1500 LoanMum £1000 LoanDad £630 Supplier2 [STRIKE]£524.35[/STRIKE] £224.35 Supplier1 [STRIKE]£1092.7[/STRIKE] £700 Rent Arrers [STRIKE]£1775[/STRIKE] £1675
    £27361.82 :eek: Ill get there....somehow!!
    10K in 2010 £2068.38/£10 000 20% there.
  • tessasmum
    tessasmum Posts: 238 Forumite
    Hi - could you put us down for £300 this month, please?
    December GC: £350
  • Hi, Can you put me down for £220 this month please? That's for two adults and two children.
    DFW Nerd 941 Proud to be dealing with my debt
    August GC £0/£300

• freakyogre
    freakyogre Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    I have bought a few bits already and although purchased in March, they will be in my April total (otherwise I won't count them and that is cheating!)

Yesterday - £1.06 - 2pts milk (86p) and a reduced loaf of bread (20p!)
    Today - £6.76 - £5.98 on frozen chicken breasts and 78p on salad/new potatoes

I'm going to go and make a list of what I have in the freezer/cupboards tonight and do another monthly meal plan for April as it seems to work quite well. Apart from a few changes this month, it's gone pretty much to plan. :)
    Grocery challenge - Nov: £52/£100
  • Spiggle wrote: »
    Hi all,

Im also looking into switching gas and electric, i pay monthly fixed dd the last year we have lived here, but the cold winter saw us use a lot of gas and my payment for gas has more than doubled from May onwards, i dont think its a fair amount really as i was in credit to the gas at my last statement in January, so obviously its the cold weather that put it up, but i dont think that justifies 12 months of double what im paying now, so im having a look around. Im with BG at present, anyone have any recommendations for other suppliers? According to uswitch i have a lot of suppliers available to me, just choosing which one.

Hi SAS,

I've just switched from BG to npower for exactly the same reason. I was on the BG fixed rate until 2011 and even after paying the early escape fee to BG I will be hugely better off. I signed up with npower through Quidco and should get a tidy cashback on it too - double bonus!

Hi and welcome to all the new joiners on here. I was new last month too and the support on this thread is absolutely fantastic. You are right that being on here helps to focus the mind on what, where and how you spend (and if you need to). Hold on to those recipts and keep posting. The other contributors on here are wonderful.

Good luck and welcome,
    Spigs

Thanks Spiggle thats yourself and another lady on MSE have recommended n power, will certainly have a look into them.

NSD today on groceries although had to get some nappies, dd needs the active fit ones now for daytime as she never stops! The normal nappies end up in a right twisty mess on her poor bum.

Will be getting milk and rissotto rice tommorow, so will add that when ive been to the shops.

I have cooked hm carrot and lentil soup for dd lunches and mushroom rissotto tonight for the grown ups, hence running out of my rissotto rice. Smells yummy so off to go and have some!

Night all x
  • albacookie
    albacookie Posts: 273 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Hi All, I'm going to budget £60 April - going on holiday really cuts down grocery shopping!
  • Hi

Could you put me down for £430 for April please?

MMM
    The 2012 mantra - "A place for everything, and everything in it's place"
  • MoneyQueen
    MoneyQueen Posts: 927 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Have already spent £7.73 and april hasn't even started yet...
    Need to try harder...

MQ
  • dazzle21
    dazzle21 Posts: 1,962 Forumite
    Target April = £350

My April has started, and i need to go shopping, we're hoping to take a trip to Costco on Friday, so I don't want to spend to much before then, but certain things are cheaper in supermarkets anyway so will hopefully head out with shopping list in hand shortly. Must stay on track this month as our bills came in and were a bit higher than we expected :( (also if we can get on track this month hopefully May and June will be ok too!). I will actually keep track of the thread this month! :o
    August: £149/£150

Sept: £200
  • lizzyshep
    lizzyshep Posts: 255 Forumite
    Had to stock up on a few things from Sainsbury's, so this month's target will be £80. Hopefully I will manage to get a bit lower than that.
    April Grocery Challenge: £80/£64.39
    March No Spend Days: 15/7
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family