They say PIP application hasn't arrived.

After receiving notification that my wife's DLA (higher rate) was ending, we phoned to apply for PIP. Received 40 page brochure of questions and completed it. Asked at the Post Office for them to take it in, rather than put in box outside. They asked if I would like a proof of posting as they had been told some hadn't arrived. I took took up their offer.

Today came a letter telling us they hadn't received the completed form.

I phoned them to report this. They said, "give it till Friday, if we haven't texted you to say it's here, give us a call". By Friday we will be away, albeit in the UK, but what a pain.

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,256 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Unfortunatly if you dont get a text by Friday it would be best to ring them.
    The DLA wont continue indefinatly.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    islandman wrote: »
    After receiving notification that my wife's DLA (higher rate) was ending, we phoned to apply for PIP. Received 40 page brochure of questions and completed it. Asked at the Post Office for them to take it in, rather than put in box outside. They asked if I would like a proof of posting as they had been told some hadn't arrived. I took took up their offer.

Today came a letter telling us they hadn't received the completed form.

I phoned them to report this. They said, "give it till Friday, if we haven't texted you to say it's here, give us a call". By Friday we will be away, albeit in the UK, but what a pain.
    That will be a standard automated letter that's automatically sent if the form hasn't been returned by a certain date. It's very likely that it was sent before your form was added to the computer and it can take 10 days for this to happen.

As advised, ring them Friday.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    That will be a standard automated letter that's automatically sent if the form hasn't been returned by a certain date. It's very likely that it was sent before your form was added to the computer and it can take 10 days for this to happen.

As advised, ring them Friday.

Poppy stay close, I'm sure it was you that has given authoritive advice before.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Text come through, PIP form received.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business