Cheaper Oil for Fuel?

Comments

• jiggy2
    jiggy2 Posts: 470 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    49.50 per litre in the south east - order placed a couple of days ago
  • Ordered 1,000 ltrs @ £0.5023 per litre ex vat through very gritted teeth....

Just a thought but how about setting up some sort of buying group via MSE Members - admittedly it would have to be a national provider but perhaps a bit of collective purchasing is required here?
  • G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    To be honest I think there;s so many clubs I doubt you'd get the price down much further - but it's a thought.

Go to Martins boring Manchester gig and suggest it to him!
  • Cottage_Economy
    Cottage_Economy Posts: 1,227 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 11 September 2018 at 11:26AM
    In the end I bit the bullet and ordered from 500 litres from boilerjuice at 49.78p per litre (south lincs).

Homefuelsdirect was fractionally more expensive. Interestingly, I've just looked back at the historic fuel prices on Homefuelsdirect to discover that it had some kind of pricing blip for 2 days at the end of August where it was more expensive than Boilerjuice, and that's when I was looking.

Two other fuel suppliers that I contacted for quotes never bothered getting back to me. Our local club was more expensive.

Our 23 year old boiler was replaced last week for a nice new efficient model so that will help our fuel consumption.
  • Rodders53
    Rodders53 Posts: 2,147 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Our village 'club' has just ordered with the local Oil Company. 47.5p/l +vat. Get it tomorrow, they should 'fill er up' and e-mail Invoice me later, as usual.

I'd been keeping an eye on prices with FuelTool. After a gradual reduction for some weeks, they'd jumped from approx 48p/l on Fri 30th Nov to 52p on Monday 3rd Dec for the 800 litres or so I need! I was prepared for a higher price so quite pleased.
  • s_glover
    s_glover Posts: 653 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Ordered 900 litres through Boiler Juice today for 46.1p/L + VAT for delivery by Wednesday 9th (North Yorks)
  • annabanana82
    annabanana82 Posts: 3,019 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I generally order through Boiler Juice, but I tend to buy via Quidco, there is usually a £6 cash back offer for new customers but quickly setting up a new email address suffices. Now that I never get money back from buying weekends, having multiple accounts with BJ makes no odds.
    Make £2023 in 2023 (#36) £3479.30/£2023

Make £2024 in 2024...
  • Filled the tank around 2 weeks ago and paid £0.4375 per litre, plus 5% VAT

From reading around prices already seem to be on the rise again...just thought I'd share in case anyone had forgotten to do their orders.

Anyone ITK have any ideas where I can find price trends online?
  • fyr
    fyr Posts: 60 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Look at right hand side of this web page:
    http://www.mychieveley.co.uk/index.php?page=50
  • Rodders53
    Rodders53 Posts: 2,147 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    fyr wrote: »
    Look at right hand side of this web page:
    http://www.mychieveley.co.uk/index.php?page=50
    I so wish I lived there! 45.5p/l.
    Via our village 'club' I just got 800 litres delivered to fill up at 46.95p/l + vat.
    They delivered a day early, too. Good job the padlock was off ;)

Still with my OAP government fuel subsidy it was effectively half that price :beer:

Diesel and petrol near me (Bedford) is expensive cf Milton Keynes and it was a lot cheaper in Lowestoft when we went there on a short break a week ago. I do find the whole fuel pricing thing a lottery.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback