Kantar - Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel

sarah1972
sarah1972 Posts: 18,858
Homepage Hero I won, I won, I won! I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
Senior Ambassador
edited 5 April 2023 at 6:09PM in Freebies (no spend required)
It is that time again for a new thread as the old one is about to approach its 314th page.

Thanks to 3010 for posting the last thread

Please note in post number two there is now a list of FAQ that 3010 very kindly posted on the old thread so I have copied it here. .

Happy Posting

Link to old thread here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4742377

Link to Join (Private Households) https://rmselfrecruit.research-int.com/Questionnaire/qstIntroductionPrivate.aspx

Link to Join (Businesses with Franking Abilities) https://rmbus.research-int.com

FAQS http://rmpanelzone.research-int.com/FAQ.htm
I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Comments

• sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,858
    Homepage Hero I won, I won, I won! I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Senior Ambassador
    Thanks to 3010 for the below FAQS posted on the previous thread:

Some Frequently Asked Questions from previous threads.

Q) I have just received a test letter and it is asking me to post it back with all my other items. I don't know how to do this as I have not been told how to.

A) Items do not been to be posted back anymore and the sender is just using up old stationery.

Q) On my posting schedule I have a letter to post after 1PM on a Saturday. However, all my post boxes are emptied before this time. What should I do?

A) If you don't have a collection at your post boxes after 1PM just post the item earlier in the day. Just make sure you record the time you posted it.

Q) How long does the training last as I have been on it for many weeks now?

A) Training lasts for about 6-7 weeks and you only receive one set of stamps during this process until you are placed on the main panel.

Q) I will be unable to post on the day of the schedule as I can't get to the Post Office or Post Box. What should I do?

A) Keep hold of the item and post it the following week on the same day as on the schedule. If you can't post the week after post it two weeks after.

Q) On the posting plan it say Post Office. Do I go in and had it over the counter?

A) No, you never hand anything over the counter unless it does not fit into the post box outside e.g. Small Box.

Q) How many Smarts can I return in a single envelope?

A) It is possible to return 9 Smarts in one envelope.

Q) What do you do with spare Smart envelopes as I have lots of them?

A)Fold them all and put them back into the post in a Smart return envelope.

Q) Do I take the Smarts out of their plastic wrapper before posting?

A) No, you just send them as they come in their plastic wrapper.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • quoia
    quoia Posts: 14,428
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    So I'll POST :D a small item here ......

Wednesday 2nd August 2017
    After midday - before last collection
    Stamped 1st class (with a post mark showing DATE & TIME) ;)
    recorded delivery :rotfl:
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
  • jonty03
    jonty03 Posts: 692
    First Post
    Forumite
    Hi,

I've just come back onto the posting panel and received my first pack of letters and 2 books of stamps.

In the past I seem to remember also receiving commemorative presentation packs of stamps at the start and also at the end of my 6 months.

I didn't receive any at the end of my last session and haven't had any at the start of this one. Have RM stopped issuing them? Thanks.
  • lesleyb
    lesleyb Posts: 157
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    jonty03 wrote: »
    Hi,

I've just come back onto the posting panel and received my first pack of letters and 2 books of stamps.

In the past I seem to remember also receiving commemorative presentation packs of stamps at the start and also at the end of my 6 months.

I didn't receive any at the end of my last session and haven't had any at the start of this one. Have RM stopped issuing them? Thanks.

I restarted in June after my break and didn't get the presentation stamps so I emailed them and they sent them to me. :)
  • NBLondon
    NBLondon Posts: 5,517
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    jonty - is this back on training (with cardboard SMARTs labelled AEDB)? You don't get the presentation pack until your first live posting pack. I got mine 3 weeks ago with no problems.

Oh and to be nerdy - it's not RM sending you this stuff - it's TNS/Kantar. Royal Mail are not supposed to know if you are a panellist.
    Wash your Knobs and Knockers... Keep the Postie safe!
  • Chocmonster7
    Chocmonster7 Posts: 2,606
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I received my last posting pack of this stint yesterday. Had Septembers stamps as well as stamps for the end of my term and a presentation pack of Star Wars stamps! :)
  • jonty03
    jonty03 Posts: 692
    First Post
    Forumite
    Good Morning,

Thanks for your replies :)

lesleyb - I've just emailed Kantar to enquire about the presentation pack from the end of my last session.

NBLondon - yes, it is a training pack and I stand corrected. :wink: I'll wait until the training's finished and hopefully I'll get them.

Chocmonster7 - thought it was odd that I didn't receive one at the end and meant to query it then but didn't. I love Star Wars.
  • Chocmonster7
    Chocmonster7 Posts: 2,606
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Received a Cube today which had managed to get through the whole postal system without any postage on it at all! :eek:

According to the R sheet it should have been 1st class Metered so someone in a company must have just put it in their postal bag.

My neighbour took it in and it was only when I came to enter it on the system that I realised. Couldn't put the details in as the Kantar system won't believe it doesn't have postage so have had to email them about it.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,077
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Received a Cube today which had managed to get through the whole postal system without any postage on it at all! :eek:

According to the R sheet it should have been 1st class Metered so someone in a company must have just put it in their postal bag.

My neighbour took it in and it was only when I came to enter it on the system that I realised. Couldn't put the details in as the Kantar system won't believe it doesn't have postage so have had to email them about it.

Perhaps the APL came off.
  • quoia
    quoia Posts: 14,428
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite

I had one "like this" and (as ALWAYS ??) the online postage options offered when booking it in were the correct value for 1st class, the correct value for 2nd class and OTHER. I picked the latter.
    I thought you always got these 3 choices?

MABLE wrote: »
    Perhaps the APL came off.

Mine was a Cube where the STAMPS had been EATEN !!! :rotfl:

Went on holiday for 3 weeks - gave TNS plenty of notice ...

(which appeared to have worked - nothing received in the 5 or 6 days before I went away and nothing to post in the same week)

... came back on a Friday to a pile of mail (which included 2 grey TNS poly bags for the following week and the one after) and found a "red card" from the postman - no details of date/time - item left "behind large plant pot near side door"

Retrieved a CUBE a little worse for wear :D
    Presume it had been delivered just after I had left rather than just before I had returned looking at the state of it.

99% of the STAMPS had vanished (removing the vast majority of the 3 or 4 post marks so no time or date to be seen, some (50%?) of the printed address label had gone and there were a few odd shaped holes in the box.

SNAILS ! :eek: or SLUGS ! :eek: :eek:

Yes, upon close inspection one or several SNAILS or SLUGS had had a field day - I think they like the "sweetness" of the gum/glue/adhesive on the back of stamps, labels and in the layers of corrugated cardboard.

Of all the places the postman could have left it :doh: ...
    ... several large planters, pots, baskets and troughs all full of flowers in bloom and a VERY obvious soaker hose that watered them - daily as it happened on a timer.
    A perfect very damp and wet environment to leave a cardboard box in for safe keeping :rotfl:
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport