Claiming in a deceased's name

Hi, my Husband passed away 9 years ago and most loans etc were in his name. I have a copy of his death certificate and Letter of Administration (as advised by a claims company). Can I make a claim on his behalf and without using a company please? Thanks for any advice received.:)

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    You can make a complaint (though not a claim) directly if you were the executor or have other rights to do so.

Don't let any claims company become involved.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Hi, my Husband passed away 9 years ago and most loans etc were in his name.
    Almost a decade on, your main problem will be a lack of records of his finance. Unless you already have comprehensive documentary evidence of his financial dealings along with any PPI, I think you'll find his banks have deleted his account records.

However, if you have such evidence, you don't need to use any Claim Firm to "represent" you in any complaint you might make. Just write each bank a letter detailing why you think the PPI was mis-sold to him. Do note that you'll need to provide very factual complaint reasons so do not guess at what may or may not have been said during the sale unless you were present. Along with the letter and proof of PPI, you should also send copies of the death certificate and Letter Of Administration.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure