Kybotech / Garden Buildings Direct

Options
Delivery within seven days they promise. I arranged delivery for 16 days after the order. Shed has to come over a brick wall which they won't do so I've hired a crane to do it, taken three days off work, dismantled the old shed, stacked the stuff in the garden until I build the new one, but it'll be OK since the next few days will be dry

Hadn't had any update so I email them today, they won't deliver tomorrow after all, it'll be another 8 days. I've already paid for the crane, committed the time off work. Now I'll have to pay for another crane another day, storage for my tools and stuff for a week and beg my boss for further time off at short notice. It's becoming a very expensive shed

There's no UK customer service, no UK based staff at all according to them (I guess the driver must fly in specially)

Who are these people leaving all these glowing reviews on the web? I can't believe they can so royally screw me over and that be some kind of freak event

Comments

• Hasbeen
    Hasbeen Posts: 4,404 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    alecwood wrote: »
    Delivery within seven days they promise. I arranged delivery for 16 days after the order. Shed has to come over a brick wall which they won't do so I've hired a crane to do it, taken three days off work, dismantled the old shed, stacked the stuff in the garden until I build the new one, but it'll be OK since the next few days will be dry

Hadn't had any update so I email them today, they won't deliver tomorrow after all, it'll be another 8 days. I've already paid for the crane, committed the time off work. Now I'll have to pay for another crane another day, storage for my tools and stuff for a week and beg my boss for further time off at short notice. It's becoming a very expensive shed

There's no UK customer service, no UK based staff at all according to them (I guess the driver must fly in specially)

Who are these people leaving all these glowing reviews on the web? I can't believe they can so royally screw me over and that be some kind of freak event

Should have come here first. They appear to have not changed much over the years.:(

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=652525
    The world is not ruined by the wickedness of the wicked, but by the weakness of the good. Napoleon
  • alecwood
    Options
    Unfortunately that's just one thread, against the hundreds of positive reviews for them recently on the net. Makes me wonder if they're the kind of charlatans that pay for reviews - they fooled me, which is particularly embarasing since I work in IT and should really be able to spot these
  • melissashopping
    Options
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5647768
    This is my thread on them from 2017.
    I would cancel the order if you are needing to hire a crane, as you may well be let down, many more times.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure