jd williams

Has anyone had a successful ppi claim with jd williams/simply be? Just wondering how long it takes to receive cheque. I can see my refund as a transaction dated 23rd April on my statement, and they have confirmed my successful claim and the amount on phone but tell me they are waiting on cheque to be processed. Thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Yes, people have.

Things are getting busy in the PPI refund world, so things may take longer than normal.
  • Bermonia
    Bermonia Posts: 977 Forumite
    First Post
    4 weeks is generally the acceptable time frame for refunds, however if in doubt contact them as once a cheque has been issued I would expect to receive it within the week.
  • pollie67
    pollie67 Posts: 31 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Thanks for the replies. They have said it could take another 3 weeks but hopefully sooner.
  • Hardy22
    Hardy22 Posts: 7 Forumite
    I have tried unsuccessfully twice against JD Williams for an Ambrose Wilson account. The FOS were unable to help because it was not under their jurisdiction unless I could prove the PPI was through a finance house/bank which came under their regulations. I have tried but not been able to establish who the finance company who it was underwritten by which was the only way FOS could review, this related to Plevin in the same way. Quite surprised you have managed to get a refund. Well done!
  • Bermonia
    Bermonia Posts: 977 Forumite
    First Post
    How long ago did you try Hardy? May well be the case that this information has come to light and an insurer/lender has agreed to take responsibility for the sales
  • Hardy22
    Hardy22 Posts: 7 Forumite
    I tried in 2011, last year, 2018 and sent to FOS after that was rejected again, who said I may have a case if I could establish which company were the insurance underwriters. Can I assume that you found out the name of the company? Would be very interested to at least try under Plevin if possible?
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,800 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hardy22 wrote: »
    I tried in 2011, last year, 2018 and sent to FOS after that was rejected again, who said I may have a case if I could establish which company were the insurance underwriters. Can I assume that you found out the name of the company? Would be very interested to at least try under Plevin if possible?

The FOS front line staff are customer friendly but not legally trained, they say positive things which may not be accurate. The underwriter usually has little or no liability for selling of the policy so there is no guarantee they'd even look at it.
  • Placida
    Placida Posts: 240 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hardy22 wrote: »

Looking at recent FOS decisions it seems Allianz Plc has accepted responsibility for the sale of PPI policies pre 2005 and is investigating mis selling complaints.
    J D Williams & Company Ltd (J D Williams) sold Mrs R the PPI policy, but Allianz Insurance Plc (Allianz) as the insurer has accepted responsibility for this sale and by extension this complaint. So, the complaint has been set up against Allianz.
    https://www.ombudsman-decisions.org.uk/viewPDF.aspx?FileID=138869
    Hope that helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family