Slimming for Santa - Slimming World support thread 2018

Comments

• fatrab
    fatrab Posts: 1,231 Forumite
    Morning :)

Well today is curry day in work and I have made a conscious decision to partake in moderation. I brought my own boiled rice and instead of my usual curry (South Indian Garlic Chilli is my favourite) I've gone for a Chicken Bhuna which I'll eat about half of the portion.

So today's grub:
    B - Weetabix and milk HEA & B
    L - Curry club - <10 syns
    D - Thai Chicken noodle broth leftovers

Had a skip delivered this morning so I've got 4 days to fill it with bricks and rubble from the garden so that'll be my exercise regime sorted for the week! I'll start filling it tonight and I've taken the day off work tomorrow to get on with it too.
    You can have results or excuses, but not both.
    Challenge - be 14 Stone BY XMAS!

• Bozwood
    Bozwood Posts: 216 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Morning. I lost 2lb last night. So happy today I have fruit. Will have a sandwich for lunch. Not sure for tea tonight as I have an appointment at the hospital later.
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Sorry to hear you ended up in A&E with your daughter last night Kathryn. I really can't understand why hospital food is so unhealthy! You just can't find anything healthy, except perhaps a piece of fruit if your early enough in the day!

Stoke Good plan with the Curry Club at work to take your own with you.

As everyone else has said Beanie just take it easy and go at your own pace. Don't be rushed by anyone else.

WI this morning was as I expected, just 0.5lb off. I suspect it's because of doing the exercise this week which I don't usually do. Now only 1lb to go to get bang on target. Would still like to be at bottom end before Christmas!

We're away from this afternoon until Sunday afternoon so no idea whether I'll be able to post as don't know what the signal will be like so may not be posting again until Sunday.

Today's plan:

B - orange
    L - Veg & brown lentil soup
    D - Chicken & chorizo rice - 2 syns

HEA - milk
    HEB - nothing planned
    Syns - chorizo 2 syns; couple of shorts - 5 syns

Denise
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    joedenise wrote: »
    Sorry to hear you ended up in A&E with your daughter last night Kathryn. I really can't understand why hospital food is so unhealthy! You just can't find anything healthy, except perhaps a piece of fruit if your early enough in the day!

The only positive was the drink was diet. There was fruit in the shop. Apples at over a quid each that looked like someone had played football with them, so gave them a miss
    Zebras rock
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,580 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    You do seem to have had so many problems lately kathrynha. Definitely more than your fair share. Good on your for plodding on. You must be sick of drawing lines.:A

It's a loss denise, slow and steady:). Does seem wrong though when you've been so good and your DH has lost so much.:(
    greentiger wrote: »
    And I do fancy those fishcakes. It’s a pity there’s not a handy Morrison’s.

Me too but our only Morrison's is miles away. I'll make a note for when I take a trip across the city.:)
    greentiger wrote: »
    Well, I’ve had a good day (just 3 ½ syns used), but I feel FAT!!!!

That's strange isn't it greentiger. I felt much the same so didn't want to risk going to WI. This morning I feel slim again but I'm out for lunch so it won't last!:rotfl:
    OxfordGirl wrote: »
    My plan for today -

B - Overnight bran (1/2 HexB) with fruit
    L - Homemade butternut squash soup with 2 ryvitas (1/2 HexB)
    D - Not sure yet, probably steak with baby sweetcorn
    Snacks - Fruit

Hope everyone has a great day today!

Good luck with aiming for the new number. Will you only have steak and baby sweetcorn 50/50? That could be SP but it would take a lot of sweetcorn to make a good meal. Don't starve yourself.:)
    Bozwood wrote: »
    Morning. I lost 2lb last night. So happy today I have fruit. Will have a sandwich for lunch. Not sure for tea tonight as I have an appointment at the hospital later.
    :T that's really good to see you getting a decent loss. Well done! I'm sure you give us a shorthand version of your menu but will it be a sandwich full of Speed? Or on the side?

Hope you don't suffer like kathryna at the hospital having to buy junk. Lots of us make HM Ready Meals for days when we're too busy to cook. Bolognese is an obvious one then you just need to ping the sauce and cook the pasta when you get home. There are lots of shop bought meals that are low syn too. Obviously the SW ones from Iceland (not use widely on here) or others like Aldi Lamb Rogan Josh which is just 1.5 syns. Do you plan your week's meals before you do your weekly shop?

Have a good week.:)

I've had my Weetabix breakfast but not much idea how the rest of the day will work out. I'd like to choose wisely so hope the restaurant menu will let me. I'll report back later.:)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,243 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Thanks for all the good wishes lovely folks.
    Sadly I fall for no reason so it is difficult to predict :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,915 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Evening all :D
    Greentiger, yes there was a great big fat one in there and onions and egg :D:rotfl:
    Well done everyone on your losses:T:T
    Well MRI done and dusted, what a weird feeling:o
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • beanielou
    At least it is done now Bubbs :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,915 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    beanielou wrote: »
    At least it is done now Bubbs :)

Yes just consultant appointment to wait for now:D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • beanielou
    bubbs wrote: »
    Yes just consultant appointment to wait for now:D

The week after next?

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure