Add your feedback on energy supplier Together Energy

Comments

• Started with Together Energy in February, left in July. They are so incompetent; I'd update online portal meter readings but only 2 monthly bills produced, so I'm missing 3 bills including the final. The two bills I did get were muddled up, even had completely different figures to those I submitted. They increased monthly bills by £14 even though I was hardly in my house. Repeated complaints ignored so I cancelled direct debits and said I was leaving and won't be paying early exit fee; still nothing. Demand for final bill with refund of £77 due to being over charged also ignored, until threatened with ombudsman. Then they promise a final bill within 2 weeks. Ombudsman involved another month later as no show and online portal still active with my missing bills. Together Energy now propose they will give me £35 good will gesture and will work on my final bill - clearly still haven't bothered to make one, and I suspect if I agree to this meagre offer I won't see my refund due...
  • pknottm
    pknottm Posts: 236 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    How long to wait for a final bill?

I switched away from Together Energy on 24th Sept and the switch
    completed on the 11th Oct. I supplied my final readings to both my new supplier and to TogetherEnergy.

I haven't heard anything since, no replies to emails and no phone calls answered.

Any advice as to how to force them to supply a final bill? I estimate that they owe me approx £80.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 21 November 2018 at 5:20PM
    pknottm wrote: »
    How long to wait for a final bill?

I switched away from Together Energy on 24th Sept and the switch
    completed on the 11th Oct. I supplied my final readings to both my new supplier and to TogetherEnergy.

I haven't heard anything since, no replies to emails and no phone calls answered.

Any advice as to how to force them to supply a final bill? I estimate that they owe me approx £80.

Suppliers have to use their reasonable efforts to raise a Final Bill no later than 6 weeks after the actual transfer of supply. To raise a Final Bill, the losing supplier needs industry-verified readings from the gaining supplier. The validation process normally takes about 10 to 14 days. Ask your new supplier whether validated readings have been passed to your old supplier.

https://octopus.energy/blog/secret-life-opening-meter-reading/
  • Together Energy are absolutely rubbish and must be avoided at all costs.

After switching to Together Energy, as part of a money saving exercise, I have been completely let down by them. The switch happened on time and without issue. But after that it all went downhill. I never recieved any communications from them, not even a welcome and instructions pack. They took money from me each month and that was it. To this day (over a year later and 2 months since switching again) I still have no idea how much energy I used or if I am in credit or debt. After submitting regular readings, I've never had a bill or an account balance, online or by post. I've never had replies to my emails, even after the one time I managed to speak to them on the phone I've had no response to the problems mentioned.
    So, I will not hold my breath waiting to recieve my final bill from them. The 6 weeks to produce that has long since past.

I will think twice before giving the little companies my business next time.
  • I was with them and escaped last summer. They are terrible -- look at the MSE energy company poll. However, it's not about small companies. NPower were awful for me but Better Energy and Zebra Power have been great. Worth looking at the stats about customer experience as well as price.
    Je suis sabot...
  • I was also with them until escaping 4 months ago... good riddance. I switched to Yorkshire Energy and they've been great. Meter readings requested every month, bills produced every month - been great so far..
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Together Energy are absolutely rubbish and must be avoided at all costs.

After switching to Together Energy, as part of a money saving exercise, I have been completely let down by them. The switch happened on time and without issue. But after that it all went downhill. I never recieved any communications from them, not even a welcome and instructions pack. They took money from me each month and that was it. To this day (over a year later and 2 months since switching again) I still have no idea how much energy I used or if I am in credit or debt. After submitting regular readings, I've never had a bill or an account balance, online or by post. I've never had replies to my emails, even after the one time I managed to speak to them on the phone I've had no response to the problems mentioned.
    So, I will not hold my breath waiting to recieve my final bill from them. The 6 weeks to produce that has long since past.

I will think twice before giving the little companies my business next time.

That might be a little short-sighted. There are some excellent small suppliers. For example, from experience, I have had good customer service/billing from Bulb; Octopus and Zog. Conversely, I have had appalling customer service from one of the bigger suppliers that has elected for offshore customer service.
  • I need advice please? Switched from TE on the 1/10/18 too OFTM.
    OFTM have been requesting for closing meter readings from TE on a few occasions but they have been ignored.
    I have phoned TE on at least 5 occasions and been told a different story every time.

They apparently have been changing systems and that's why they haven't sent the readings to OFTM.

Now can someone tell me the actual process? As i am being told stories by both sides and i need to know who does what so i can be more firm on the phone.

For me i have a major issue.

TE owe me £80
    OFTM opening meter readings are estimated so i am paying for gas and electric i have already paid for too TE. Huge difference at my loss.

I have phoned TE today and they have promised me it will be sorted Monday morning as the system change be finalized midnight tonight.

Is this another lie or the truth?

Who do i escalate this too as 8 weeks to close an account is over the industry 6 week standard.

To make things worse i want to leave OFTM due to the continued price increases so TE energy dragging their heels is just slowing everything down.
  • Hengus wrote: »
    Suppliers have to use their reasonable efforts to raise a Final Bill no later than 6 weeks after the actual transfer of supply. To raise a Final Bill, the losing supplier needs industry-verified readings from the gaining supplier. The validation process normally takes about 10 to 14 days. Ask your new supplier whether validated readings have been passed to your old supplier.

https://octopus.energy/blog/secret-life-opening-meter-reading/

Well its now 8 weeks since i switched from TE and OFTM are telling me they have asked for verification on the opening/closing readings but TE isnt replying?

I have spoke to TE and they apparently are updating the system and will be fixed tonight???

Who do i believe? Who can i bring in to sort these out?

Everytime i phone OFTM they tell me they have requested the readings from TE and everytime i speak to TE they tell me they have supplied and then they tell me they are upgrading the system.

Ill be phoning TE monday as they said they will be able to confirm the closure of the account but I'm not confident.
  • JamesCG26
    JamesCG26 Posts: 30 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 30 November 2018 at 7:40PM
    I also switched from TE to OFTM about 9 weeks ago (9/10/2018) (bad move!) and am now switching again.

I submitted readings to TE like 2 days before I switched and also provided OFTM my opening readings. OFTM contacted me and said the readings that TE have provided for gas to them are different to what I supplied. The difference is about 1500kw. So I used 1500kw gas in 2 days according to TE.

No final bill from TE but with my workings out they owe my like £68.

OFTM have said they have disputed the opening reading but in my view TE have inflated the closing reading to avoid having to refund me.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback