Together Energy?

Options

Comments

• locky123
    locky123 Posts: 466 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Received this week final bill from GB Energy following switch to Together Energy on 14/9 and credit to be payed into account. Glitch with cheapenergyclub comparisons now resolved following changing to Together Energy.
  • mikeyorkie10
    Options
    locky123 wrote: »
    Received this week final bill from GB Energy following switch to Together Energy on 14/9 and credit to be payed into account. Glitch with cheapenergyclub comparisons now resolved following changing to Together Energy.
    Glad it all worked out, just waiting for BG to sort my refunds now!
  • tomrob
    tomrob Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Together Energy are coming out top on price for me. They came top on a commercial comparison engine without being enabled to switch through the site which makes me tend to trust the result more than I would otherwise and having researched them and the ones that come top on a couple of other comparison sites (they only appeared on one) it seems to check out on the rates offered.
    The price advantage is not small either I did the MSE cheap energy club* thing and I estimate that their best suggestion is 20% more expensive then Together Energy.

Any way lets hope they're decent as I'm applying to switch now.

*In fact MSE looks a little odd, I don't know whether I did something wrong when I put my details in but the fiurst 10 recommendations on MSE are all different tarrifs from the same supplier (are Scottish Power sponsoring MSE at the moment).
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    tomrob wrote: »
    Together Energy are coming out top on price for me. They came top on a commercial comparison engine without being enabled to switch through the site which makes me tend to trust the result more than I would otherwise and having researched them and the ones that come top on a couple of other comparison sites (they only appeared on one) it seems to check out on the rates offered.
    The price advantage is not small either I did the MSE cheap energy club* thing and I estimate that their best suggestion is 20% more expensive then Together Energy.

Any way lets hope they're decent as I'm applying to switch now.

*In fact MSE looks a little odd, I don't know whether I did something wrong when I put my details in but the fiurst 10 recommendations on MSE are all different tarrifs from the same supplier (are Scottish Power sponsoring MSE at the moment).

MSE CEC bases its recommendations (cheapest tariffs) on the projected annual usage in kWhs/year you entered into your profile. MSE CEC is based on an Ofgem-accredited PCW. PCWs and suppliers use the same data so the results (annual cost projections) should be identical.

Suppliers do not sponsor PCWs.
  • pete22
    pete22 Posts: 24 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Changed from British Gas to Together Energy successfully today. Transfer went without a hitch. Expect to receive my refund from British Gas within 2 weeks.
  • locky123
    Options
    Anyone received a bill yet from Together Energy or been asked to log in?

When I emailed my readings and asked about a bill they said...We sent you a bill on the 16th of October to your email can you confirm whether you got this or not ? I will pass your information over to billing to get your portal access sent to you.

Never received the bill on 16/10 so it was resent and as yet not received any info to online access.
  • mikeyorkie10
    Options

When I emailed my readings and asked about a bill they said...We sent you a bill on the 16th of October to your email can you confirm whether you got this or not ? I will pass your information over to billing to get your portal access sent to you.

Never received the bill on 16/10 so it was resent and as yet not received any info to online access.
    Not received a bill since my mid October transfer - not sure how often I should get one. It was monthly with Ovo but only quarterly with BG.

I’ll ask the question and see what they say.
  • mikeyorkie10
    Options

Hi again, now got this reply from Together:
    “We bill quarterly so looking at when you started with ourselves you should be having your first bill in the middle of December. After you have received your first bill you will also get access to your online account at the same time. We will send you the log information via email and once you have access your online account you will be able to generate bills at your leisure. “
    Hope this answers your query....
    Mike
  • locky123
    Options
    Received email today asking for meter reading and to register for access to online account. Registration straightforward, gave reading and viewed 16/10 bill.

We are just about ready to send you your latest statement.

It would be great if you could send us up to date meter readings in the next 4 days.

The easiest way to submit your readings is via our customer portal . You can register for your online customer portal - here .

If you prefer, you can reply to this email with your readings. Remember to specify in the email which one is gas and which one is electricity. If you need help reading your meter you can call our team on 0333 150 1699.
  • bwelton
    Options
    I switched to Together Energy. I did find them on MSE Cheap Energy Club, but not on USwitch. I tried a comparison search on USwitch and of course they were excluded, so I called them.

USwitch explained that Together Energy had refused to sign a contract and so they can list them in their results. I provided my usage as well as the Unit Rates and Standard charges to the USwitch customer agent and they confirmed that Together Energy was the cheapest provider for me.

So i challenged them that they were making comparisons and advising customer to go to energy providers whom were not the cheapest. They confirmed that was the case for me in my area, but may not be for other people. But explained that they cant recommend Together Energy unless they sign a contract.

I think you need to be very careful of USwitch as they effectively admitted to give incorrect comparisons by excluding the lowest energy cost providers (in this case Together Energy).

Now, I was concerned, so I rang Together Energy to check and they were slightly evasive, but said they were aware of the issue with USwitch. It seems there is a bit of a Mexican Standoff. I can only presume that its a commercial issue and that Together Energy wont pay a referral fee to USwitch, so USwitch exclude listing them in their results and teh consumer loses out...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure