Solarplicity: Add your feedback

Comments

• kisscos
    kisscos Posts: 4 Newbie
    They still have a major issue with the time it takes them to answer the phone, even though theyrecently promised an improved service.
  • It has been really interesting reading this post! I joined Solarplicity about a year ago- my problems started in November, when bills just stopped appearing.

Anyway, to add to the information here -

I too got the letter from the CEO dated April 27 apologising for poor customer service. In this letter, it gave ne the contact details of my 'Customer Champion' and says "This person will be directly responsible for assisting you in any way you need. If you have a query, they will respond within 72 hours by e-mail."

GUESS WHAT? I sent an e-mail a week ago to my champion - haven't heard a thing! On Thursday, it took me 38 minutes to get through on their telephone line, and the representative I spoke to was APPAULING, saying things like, well, she might be on holiday !!!8230; we are really busy !!!8230;

I have also e-mailed the CEO directly, but as yet had no response.

So today, I have cancelled my direct debit - what's the betting they contact me with some urgency now??!!
  • Shavuot
    Shavuot Posts: 125 Forumite
    edited 28 May 2018 at 12:16PM
    johnstonam wrote: »
    It has been really interesting reading this post! I joined Solarplicity about a year ago- my problems started in November, when bills just stopped appearing.

Anyway, to add to the information here -

I too got the letter from the CEO dated April 27 apologising for poor customer service. In this letter, it gave ne the contact details of my 'Customer Champion' and says "This person will be directly responsible for assisting you in any way you need. If you have a query, they will respond within 72 hours by e-mail."

GUESS WHAT? I sent an e-mail a week ago to my champion - haven't heard a thing! On Thursday, it took me 38 minutes to get through on their telephone line, and the representative I spoke to was APPAULING, saying things like, well, she might be on holiday !!!8230; we are really busy !!!8230;

I have also e-mailed the CEO directly, but as yet had no response.

So today, I have cancelled my direct debit - what's the betting they contact me with some urgency now??!!

Hello, and welcome to MSE, johnstonam.

Thank you for your very informative post on this supplier, I feel sure your experiences will help others thinking of moving to this supplier.

Personally, in your situation, I would have raised a complaint following the suppliers complaint procedure in November 2017 and if necessary would have gone to the ombudsman in January this year, and the complaint would now almost certainly be fully resolved.

But you seem to be doing fine as you are - keep going, and do keep us all updated on your progress.
  • Inigo_Montoya
    Inigo_Montoya Posts: 1,214 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 2 June 2018 at 3:09PM
    for anybody having issues the sensible thing to do is cancel the direct debit & just pay on receipt of a *correct* bill - dont bother repeatedly chasing them as its like getting blood out of a stone - just make sure if your bill is wrong that you send them an email saying you will pay when its corrected & keep a copy of the email - if they don't process it thats their fault

you dont have to pay by DD - you can either pay by a bank transfer or if you have the option on your online account then make a card payment (grey button labelled 'make card payment') - i think the button appears when your balance goes negative ie (they think) you owe them money
  • Gwynd
    Gwynd Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 2 June 2018 at 12:49PM
    I'm a long standing LoCo2 customer, I joined back in 2013.
    If it weren't for the fact that:
    1: They owe me money
    2: They gave me half a smart meter (I have the meter, but not the in home display unit)
    3: Due to 2, I don't know what's going on with 1.

I'd be long gone, it's got so bad, that I'm having to post things like this on their facebook page, just so that I have a record of it:
    Now, I know that I'm not the only one who has complained about Solarplicity's customer service of late, but I thought I'd post this again, more so I have a record of what happened than anything else.

13th March
    I sent a message via the Enquiries section of my account to find out whether my LoCo2 energy plan was an "eligible Energy Plan" for the "Free LED service", as I did not have a contract pack to refer to for further details (because I'd my LoCo2 account had been transferred).
    I sent several further messages, but received no response.

14th April
    I was supplied with a "Smart Meter", however, there was an issue with it. I'm not sure what exactly the issue was, just that the engineer said there was an error, and he'd contact me once he'd clarified with Solarplicity what the solution was (the lady he needed to speak to was not in the office on Saturday afternoon).
    I have heard nothing since that visit and am still wondering:

A: Whether he'd found a solution?

B: Whether he needed to come back out?

C: What happened to the separate display unit, which he appears to have taken with him?

D: Whether I could please be sent the instructions for the meter, as I wasn't left anything?

19th April Having received no response to any of my queries regarding the above, I went to the "Enquiries Section" of my account, and received this message "Internal Error There was a problem processing your request.
    Please contact us for assistance."

19th April
    Emailed to "contact us for assistance, other than:

"Thanks for getting in touch with us.

This is just a quick note to say we've received your email and to let you know that a member of our customer services team will aim to get back to you within 5 working days. - In busy periods this may take a little longer, but we will get back to you as soon as possible."

Had no further response.

2nd May
    Having tried every other avenue I could think of, I left a post on the Solarplicity facebook page (this one oddly enough).
    Recieved this response from page.

"Solarplicity
    Hi Mark, sorry to hear that you have had issues getting in touch with us. If you let me know how I can help I will do my best to do so. Regarding your smart meter we had no feedback from the engineer to look into any issues, so we will contact them to find out what they meant by that. Is your meter working okay?"

I then PM'd them the whole sorry story above, have since heard nothing.

10th May.
    Sent another email to Solarplicity as this page keeps telling me everything has been sorted, received another:
    "Thanks for getting in touch with us" automated email, and nothing since.

Last time I went to my account, it told me there was a message in the "Enquiries Section" but when I try to see it, it crashes.

So I posted on here, asking what happens if I leave, particularly as I currently have "half a LoCo2 smart-meter".

I was asked to contact with further information.

So here you go ladies and gents, as much of the whole sorry story as I can remember.

I assume I will now get another response asking me to PM the whole story all over again, to then hear nothing back.

That was posted on their facebook page 3 days ago, no reply as yet.
  • Jakubk
    Jakubk Posts: 127 Forumite
    I have experienced most of the problems other have experienced, to say it has been a saga is an understatement.

Now I have written to the CEO himself

Who would I contact to get this company suspended from taking on new customers?

It is simply not fair that they attract customers with special deals that they do not honour and they can't even get a simple thing like sending a proper bill with a payment slip.

I am going to give him a chance to sort out the issues, otherwise I will raise the viability of this company, not just to the regulator but to government and their equity providers.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH
  • biggysmaller
    biggysmaller Posts: 235 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    Jakubk wrote: »
    I have experienced most of the problems other have experienced, to say it has been a saga is an understatement.

Now I have written to the CEO himself

Who would I contact to get this company suspended from taking on new customers?

It is simply not fair that they attract customers with special deals that they do not honour and they can't even get a simple thing like sending a proper bill with a payment slip.

I am going to give him a chance to sort out the issues, otherwise I will raise the viability of this company, not just to the regulator but to government and their equity providers.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

You need to contact Ofgem and ask them to investigate Solarplicity.
    The hundfreds of complaints out there about their service will surely prompy some action.
    I think you're right that they shouldn' t be allowed to take on new customers until they sort themselves out.

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/
  • I have been trying to leave this company for over 6months! Although they offer cheap 100% solar electricity, Solarplicity seem to have virtually no customer service staff, poor accounting systems, false billing, out of date online portal information, and what's worse is they do not respond to calls, emails or letters. I finally managed to leave but I am still being billed even though I left their supply 9 weeks ago! Eventually I spoke with Solarplicity, after over an hours call waiting (even with the help of The Citizen's Advice Consumer Helpline direct number) only to be told some useless and irrelevant out of date information. This is unacceptable customer service. They owe me hundreds of pounds!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Finally received my first and final bill from them after leaving on the 29th March.
  • smudger1964
    smudger1964 Posts: 682 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Finally received my first and final bill from them after leaving on the 29th March.
    Same here I left on 5th April and guess what the bill was correct and I think for the first time ever the website worked and was able to pay it too..wonders will never cease
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure