Eon energy reviews: Give your feedback

Comments

• E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena
    E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena Posts: 2,359
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Organisation Representative
    Gillingham wrote: »
    Hi, can the EON Co. Rep tell me if I switch to EON on line, today, will I get my fixed tariff at today's price or the price it will be when the switch is confirmed. Another question that anyone can answer is, why does it take so long to switch suppliers?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Hiya Gillingham,

If you switch today on one of the fixed tariffs, that's the prices you'll be on when your account is with us.

You'll receive a welcome letter with the tariff you signed up on and all your other details.

Changing supplier can take around 4-6 weeks, this is due to some information going through third parties and validating readings and details.

Hope this helps a little :)

Helena
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Only been with E.on since August this year, they were the suppliers when I move in to my new home. Absolutely no issues, I find my online account very easy to navigate round, giving meter readings every month is easy to do and I like the fact they lowered my DD after the first month due to low usage.
  • I was looking for an Energy supplier that could help me as I have 2 electrical meters. (currently with SSE) The representative I spoke to was almost rude! She constantly spoke to another rep and I couldn't work out who or what she was saying, she was almost irritated by my enquiry! bad, bad experience!!
    PhilDL55 wrote: »
    I was looking for an Energy supplier that could help me as I have 2 electrical meters. (currently with SSE) The representative I spoke to was almost rude! She constantly spoke to another rep and I couldn't work out who or what she was saying, she was almost irritated by my enquiry! bad, bad experience!!

Oh gosh PhilDL55, I'm so sorry this isn't on at all :o

It sounds like she didn't fully understand the situation so was asking for help, but this should never turn in to rudeness.

Malc and myself are always here on the forums and will do out best to help, whatever the issue.

Helena:)
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • A little bit of courtesy and understanding Helena would have gone a long way. I was merely trying to ascertain as to why having 2 meters (1 for my standard electricity and the other for my night storage heaters) you can't get a fixed price on the supply? Surely this is no different from my current supplier?
    PhilDL55 wrote: »
    A little bit of courtesy and understanding Helena would have gone a long way. I was merely trying to ascertain as to why having 2 meters (1 for my standard electricity and the other for my night storage heaters) you can't get a fixed price on the supply? Surely this is no different from my current supplier?

I agree.

With complex metering we only offer the one tariff and this isn't a fixed tariff.

We need to do these sorts of quotes over the phone as RHT, E10, etc won't show on the comparison sites or on our website.

I'll be happy to arrange a call if that's what's you'd like?

Helena
  • mossy
    mossy Posts: 1,263
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I am thinking of changing to the Eon Fixed 1 year with Rewards v5.

Eon (along with other energy suppliers) have said that if the Government reduces it's green levies that they will pass on a pound for pound, penny for penny saving. Will this apply to current fixed terms?

I am with BG (just moved in to a property) and want to change to a fixed rate. I'm not keen at all of EDF's fluctuating DD policy (although I appreciate that sometimes they need to change). Eon is a possibility but I am a little put off because of its early exit fee.

If a lovely Eon rep could answer this question, that would be really helpful.
    Saving for Disney again, oops why book one Disney holiday when you can book two!
    :starmod: Emergency Fund Savings - #148 - £10/£1000 1% :starmod:
    :xmastree:#083 SPC6 £63 - SPC7 £90 - SPC8 £63 - SPC9 £54 - SPC10 £26 - SPC12 £70 :xmastree:
  • Pincher
    Pincher Posts: 6,552
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    As we were long term customers, and I managed the account online, there was no real reason to call them. Got two meter visits a year.

Never chose E.On in the first place. TXU exited the UK, so got taken over by PowerGen, then got taken over by E.On. In those days, bills were around £500, so not worth the bother to switch.

They were very competitive on price 2009 to 2011, and then the good deals dried up. I would have stayed if they simply kept prices in line with other suppliers. I didn't care about cashback for switching.
  • mossy wrote: »

Eon (along with other energy suppliers) have said that if the Government reduces it's green levies that they will pass on a pound for pound, penny for penny saving. Will this apply to current fixed terms?

I am with BG (just moved in to a property) and want to change to a fixed rate. I'm not keen at all of EDF's fluctuating DD policy (although I appreciate that sometimes they need to change). Eon is a possibility but I am a little put off because of its early exit fee.

good question! I would also like to know the answer to this. It would be just my luck to switch to a fixed rate deal and then come the Autumn statement on December 5th the government removes the green levies and prices go down. My deal with BG finishes on Nov 30th 2013 so would really like to know the answer to this question before then. So E-On, if i switch to your 1 year fixed rate today and green levies are removed will you reduce the prices for your customers who have switched to your fixed rate deals?

As a final note, well done to all at MSE for the way your comparison site works. I can actually make a direct comparison to the best deal my current provider is offering me rather than against a standard tariff which is all some switching companies can offer. This can often lead to an inflated saving estimate and in some cases could lead to the consumer actually paying more for their energy by switching. Thank you for your hard work.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    mossy wrote: »

mattips wrote: »
    good question! I would also like to know the answer to this. It would be just my luck to switch to a fixed rate deal and then come the Autumn statement on December 5th the government removes the green levies and prices go down. My deal with BG finishes on Nov 30th 2013 so would really like to know the answer to this question before then. So E-On, if i switch to your 1 year fixed rate today and green levies are removed will you reduce the prices for your customers who have switched to your fixed rate deals?

Hi mossy/mattips

To be honest, we're in limbo a bit with this one at the moment.

I can confirm, we've committed to pass on any reduction pound for pound in a fair and timely manner. However, as no announcement has been made by the Government, it wouldn't be helpful to our customers to speculate on the detail that may or may not emerge.

Whatever happens, we'll be fair and transparent but at this stage I can't go into detail of how or, indeed, if particular tariffs may or may not be affected.

Basically, we can't commit to anything until an announcement is made by the Government.

Sorry, I know this doesn't answer your question but I'd rather tell it as it is rather than speculate and finish up giving you duff information.

Malc
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback