Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Jenny
    • By MSE Jenny 9th Jan 13, 2:28 PM
    • 1,236Posts
    • 3,568Thanks
    MSE Jenny
    Making cash from online survey sites - new MSE guide
    • 9th Jan 13, 2:28 PM
    Making cash from online survey sites - new MSE guide 9th Jan 13 at 2:28 PM

Hi all, we've updated our Survey Sites guide to help you make cash from online surveys.

How did you find the info? If you're a survey stasher, do you have any other sites you'd add?

Thanks
    for your help!

MSE Jenny

Last edited by MSE Jenny; 28-01-2013 at 3:23 PM.
Page 24
    • YorkshireJon
    • By YorkshireJon 30th Dec 18, 12:39 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 190 Thanks
    YorkshireJon
    Hi all!

I'm sure this has been asked before but I thought a more up to date thread was needed. What is/are the best survey sites?

I have tried Swagbucks before and I know a lot of people like it, but I found the website a little dodgey and untrustworthy.

I'm not bothered about if it takes a while to build up enough to get a payout, I'm just looking for trustworthy sites that offer regular surveys and actually pay out when you request it!

Thanks in advance!
    Originally posted by BirdNerdSophie
    First.. Bob Ross! Rock on!

Secondly, Maru Voice seems to be doing great guns at the moment so are well worth a look!

https://blog.themoneyshed.co.uk/maru-voice-uk-members-earn-over-50000-per-month-taking-paid-surveys/
    • lynnechapman
    • By lynnechapman 16th Jan 19, 5:54 AM
    • 202 Posts
    • 70 Thanks
    lynnechapman
    Income boosting - Market Research
    Depending on whereabouts you live, you could consider registering to participate in market research focus groups. They tend mostly to take place in larger towns/cities.
    Do you ever wonder how new products get onto the shelves of supermarkets, shops and so on, or how TV adverts are made, or why TV programmes are made?
    Most new ideas donít appear until they have been thoroughly tested Ė itís not cost effective for companies to make something on the off-chance that people will buy it; they need to check before they commit to spending a lot of money on a new idea. To do this, they need to ask people who use similar products, or might be in the market for new ones.
    All of us are consumers of something every day and itís a good bet that at some time someone will be researching what you buy, what you watch, where you shop. So that could be the chance to make your opinions heard and at the same time, be rewarded for giving up your time.
    Lynne, Considered Response
    • tansycat
    • By tansycat 17th Jan 19, 4:51 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    tansycat
    Toluna's Your Views Community is one to avoid. It takes forever to build up points as they hardly ever send any surveys or new discussion topics, I've needed only about another 100 points for the past 12 months and every time I get any more they knock some off so I'm never likely to get enough to get the voucher.
    • squankmuffin
    • By squankmuffin 18th Jan 19, 9:29 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    squankmuffin
    I second avoiding Toluna. They regularly take points off - it took me six months to get to a £20 Amazon voucher (I don't use Amazon but nearly every other option in the shop was unavailable). They then closed my account due to inactivity (after a month or so). I had to jump through hoops to get account reinstated and then had to search fairly hard to find the voucher code.
    When I found it, it had already been used.
    Jumped through more hoops and they said my account must have been hacked, insinuated that was my fault.
    Then they said they'd give me a new voucher but that would take processing time.
    • ayupmeduck
    • By ayupmeduck 23rd Jan 19, 1:50 PM
    • 43 Posts
    • 57 Thanks
    ayupmeduck
    Vindale - anyone had any luck with these? I have the $1 sign up bonus but get screened out of all surveys !
    PAYDBX 2019 - #44 [422/3000]

Credit cards: 1932/422 | Loans: 5523/0 | OD: 1268/0 | Catalogue: 2516/0 | Other: 1430/0
    • tgroom57
    • By tgroom57 29th Jan 19, 10:38 AM
    • 1,358 Posts
    • 12,873 Thanks
    tgroom57
    Angelfish Opinions
    Thought I was in with a good chance of survey with Angelfish Opinions, potential to earn £140 for a 6 week survey starting 4 February 2019. Got the telephone interview and...

Angelfish Opinions took extensive financial details AND AT THE VERY END asked if I'm happy to be filmed in my own home, because they cannot accept me onto the survey if not.

Sounds a bit iffy. Just giving you a heads up.

• dizzybee
    • By dizzybee 12th Feb 19, 7:10 PM
    • 1,331 Posts
    • 7,205 Thanks
    dizzybee
    Any one a member of Maru Voice.?

• mikep22
    • By mikep22 13th Feb 19, 6:45 AM
    • 1,082 Posts
    • 1,322 Thanks
    mikep22
    Thought I was in with a good chance of survey with Angelfish Opinions, potential to earn £140 for a 6 week survey starting 4 February 2019. Got the telephone interview and...

Angelfish Opinions took extensive financial details AND AT THE VERY END asked if I'm happy to be filmed in my own home, because they cannot accept me onto the survey if not.

Sounds a bit iffy. Just giving you a heads up.
    Originally posted by tgroom57
    I would say if they are going to pay you £140 over 6 weeks, that I am unsurprised they would be asking for something like that. They are hardly going to be paying that and asking you to do 5 minute written surveys everyday.
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308
    • soupy600
    • By soupy600 21st Feb 19, 10:52 AM
    • 60 Posts
    • 71 Thanks
    soupy600
    Surveys
    Hello,

So just started this last week doing the surveys just wondering what are your top tips to maximise your return?

I've using swagbucks and curious cat at the moment with a few others still to start.
    • curious cat I know its only £1.13 but feels good I've got something I can cash out lol
    • swagucks try to do the daily stuff at least and nearing my first cash out.
    Do you's leave it all and then cash out at the end of the month?
    • omgaechylus
    • By omgaechylus 21st Feb 19, 11:05 AM
    • 33 Posts
    • 165 Thanks
    omgaechylus
    There's tips for each survey site in their own thread

General ones I've found:

Swagbucks: - meeting your daily goal (at top of the page) gets you a bonus that you pick up at the end of the month. The bonus gets bigger after a week, 14 days, 21 days etc.

The to-do list at the left of the home page gets you a small bonus when you complete 6/8 things on it.

Try different things on the site and find what works for you - as well as the gold surveys there are PenutLabs (took me a while to find that!) and tasks - time consuming but they add up.

There's also Swago at the moment - can be a good earner if you can get the squares ticked off (it NEVER works right for the first few days!)

Curiouscat - I get a lot of rejections on this, just keep going with it I guess! I always cash out early just in case the app suddenly vanishes. General rule - cash out frequently in case anything happens and you're not able to recover the credit!

Qmee is really good too. Similar to SB surveys - just keep answering, you'll get the rejections, sometimes you get 10 for trying.
    • soupy600
    • By soupy600 21st Feb 19, 11:11 AM
    • 60 Posts
    • 71 Thanks
    soupy600
    Brilliant thank you, Cheers for the tip!

I've download the Qmee app just not used it yet.

Is Swago part of swagbucks?

Will have more of a search thru the thread thank you
    • omgaechylus
    • By omgaechylus 21st Feb 19, 11:13 AM
    • 33 Posts
    • 165 Thanks
    omgaechylus
    Yep - when you're on the home page, the swago link is on the left. It's like a bingo game on SB (free to join) depending on the game, some squares are more difficult to get (e.g. needing to refer someone or earn from a referral)
    • soupy600
    • By soupy600 21st Feb 19, 11:18 AM
    • 60 Posts
    • 71 Thanks
    soupy600
    ahh perfect thanks for the feed back
    • MLE007
    • By MLE007 21st Feb 19, 11:33 AM
    • 500 Posts
    • 2,142 Thanks
    MLE007
    My tip would be always cash out as soon as you can, survey sites can close accounts without warning so always grab your cash quickly
    2019 in 2019 £2069.68
    2018 in 2018 £3864.88
    2017 in 2017 £4727.33
    • soupy600
    • By soupy600 21st Feb 19, 11:37 AM
    • 60 Posts
    • 71 Thanks
    soupy600
    Thanks MLE007 I'm away to cash out my £1.13 lol
    • Topiary
    • By Topiary 21st Feb 19, 3:56 PM
    • 82 Posts
    • 72 Thanks
    Topiary
    Cashout on Prolific is £5 but Paypal will charge you and Circle don't
    Originally posted by mikep22
    My understanding is that Circle don't charge for cashouts over £20?

Am yet to open a circle account but definite will to avoid paypal fees.
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 21st Feb 19, 4:10 PM
    • 35,062 Posts
    • 41,149 Thanks
    Browntoa
    And new thread merged with the existing thread
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • katydo12
    • By katydo12 21st Feb 19, 4:20 PM
    • 129 Posts
    • 376 Thanks
    katydo12
    I'm loving Prolific at the minute! Although it does charge you to cash out at less than £20. I've made just over £20 in about a week and a half. However I'm not working at the moment so it's easier to see the surveys as soon as they come up on the site. They cash out quickly into paypal though.

Not so keen on Swagbucks to be honest it seems a lot of work for minimal reward and seem to get screened out over 9/10 surveys!

Also looking for other options thought!!
    on the road to recovery..
    • tonycottee
    • By tonycottee 21st Feb 19, 5:55 PM
    • 1,175 Posts
    • 2,215 Thanks
    tonycottee
    I'm loving Prolific at the minute! Although it does charge you to cash out at less than £20. I've made just over £20 in about a week and a half. However I'm not working at the moment so it's easier to see the surveys as soon as they come up on the site. They cash out quickly into paypal though.

Not so keen on Swagbucks to be honest it seems a lot of work for minimal reward and seem to get screened out over 9/10 surveys!

Also looking for other options thought!!
    Originally posted by katydo12
    I would only look at short surveys with Swagbucks. I do make £100's with them every year with minimal effort. Panelbase is decent. Also take a look at Newvistalive, Populus Live and YouGov for some longer term options.
    • spunkt
    • By spunkt 21st Mar 19, 12:20 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    spunkt
    Do not use valued opinions
    I have been with valued opinions for several years and just recently not had any surveys sent me. I had £14.50 earnt and was unable to withdraw it for vouchers I emailed them and they sent me a email back which i found very rude and abrupt. Here is a copy of the email.

Hello G

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately, the accuracy and attentiveness of your account activity has been flagged, and upon review of your account, we have been forced to suspend your account.

As a member of our program, you may only have one account, provide accurate profile information and survey responses. You must also be thoughtful and attentive in responding to our surveys. When we have concerns about any of these program rules, we are obligated to take steps to investigate and unfortunately suspend accounts.

We do not take account suspension lightly and do so only when account issues have been identified. At this time, your account has been indefinitely suspended and you will no longer be able to participate in surveys or claim rewards from our website.

Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,

Aljun
    Valued Opinions

Thank you for your email.

Weíre sorry to hear you have had issues with your account. We are in the process of reviewing your account(s) now. We hope to get you your survey account(s) back in the next 7-10 business days. In the meantime, until you receive an update regarding the status of your account, we kindly advise you to avoid any attempts to access your survey account including clicking survey invitations received via email prior to deactivation.

We appreciate your patience and cooperation while we review your account. Thanks again and have a great day.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,

Aljun
    Valued Opinions

I tried to redem a reward for M&S and it said Resource Not Found - QSB0303-17 An unexpected error has occurred. Please contact us and report error code: QSB0303-17

[---001:001553:28341
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

161Posts Today

3,114Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @IsabelHardman: This is really good. For all the stuff about noisy rows over the past few days, it?s worth remembering that a lot of abu?

• This is why I wrote the guide to financial abuse. It's tough to know when it's happening to you. It's also worth? https://t.co/XGI2sI7hOU

• RT @David_Challen: Really happy @MartinSLewis is raising awareness of economic/financial abuse. My mother cleaned her cousins home for poc?

• Follow Martin