Making cash from online survey sites - new MSE guide

Comments

• fly-catchers
    fly-catchers Posts: 642 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just wasted 25 minutes doing a survey on mobile phones on Mysurvey. And right at the end just after you vote how satisfied you are I get a "waypoint error page! and says " We're sorry...
    A technical error has occurred. It is not possible to access this survey.
    Please contact the helpdesk. [EMAIL="lbl_privacy_mailLink"]lbl_privacy_Contactus_Link [/EMAIL]
    Thank you for your help!"

I did contact mysurvey but even that failed to get sent and I logged out. What a bug ridden site!! And to think at one time they were one of my favorites and even gave you 5 points whenever you did not qualify!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I have found that the error tends to come up for me if I've either got two surveys open at once or I've left it for a minute or two part of the way through the survey.

I've also had that error for no reason. They state, if you do manage to message them, that your information is discarded but I know from one survey, where I gave a different telephone number to usual (for a focus group type thing) that the survey DID register as they called me on the 2nd line I had just had installed!
  • nandrews
    nandrews Posts: 232 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    If you're like me, telling me that my answers will not be used is like a kick in the teeth!
    I don't honestly care what they do with the answers I gave.
    But the fact is I have spent my time giving those answers and it is that waste which does concern me.
    Telling me the answers are discarded is no consolation whatsoever, tho' they seem to regard it as "wiping the slate clean"!

Nigel
  • Marteebies
    Marteebies Posts: 296 Forumite
    I agree some of them are a waste of time and u feel like u are getting nothing in return.

Have u tried panel opinion? They give £10 cash pay out and i seem to always qualify for them

Also survey friends? it's a voucher gift reward survey site they don't charge for sending out vouchers. i've won and never paid..

i'd definitely recommend those ones!
    :eek: 2014: £20 voucher from SurveyFriends, £10 cash payout from Panel Opinion too and working towards more from Valued Opinions currently.
    2013: £35 and £50 vouchers from SurveyFriends! More than £15 made from other paid surveys sites (Yougov, Panel Opinion, Valued Opinions, Pinecone, etc.) Happy so far!
  • nandrews
    nandrews Posts: 232 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 23 June 2014 at 4:16PM
    Marteebees,
    I also use Panel Opinions but since joining in Nov '13 I still have only reached £2.85. But your profile maybe more suitable for them.
    I will look at SurveyFriends, but from what you write it looks like it's a prize site not earning.

Thanks
    Nigel
    P.S. Whoops, I am also a member there too, but haven't been invited to any surveys for over 3 months
  • Spies
    Spies Posts: 2,029 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    The initial survey questions and layout for both MySurveyFriends and PanelOpinions are exactly the same, are they both run by the same company?
    4.29kWp Solar system, 45/55 South/West split in cloudy rainy Cumbria. 
  • h15t0r1an
    h15t0r1an Posts: 51 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 31 August 2014 at 5:13PM
    Hi, is anyone experiencing delays in Swagbucks paying out? I did 2 orders for rewards 5 minutes apart. The order numbers were only 3 apart. The first one was paid out very quickly a few weeks ago. I'm still waiting for the second reward ordered at the same time.

I've emailed them 3 times. They have first said you have to wait 15 days (the site says 10 days next to the order confirmation). Now they have "a technical delay". They say their technical team is looking at it and should know more next week and "they might decide to give us the points back so that we can re-order". Next week will be 4 weeks and then we might have to wait another 2-3 weeks versus the originally promised 2 weeks displayed on the site?

I've emailed them that I am happy to re-order, provided they pay out on the replacement order immediately. They haven;t come back to me on that.

In my day job, if a company that owes me money says after a long delay the payment has to be processed again and it will take the full time (that has already been well exceeded), alarm bells are ringing. Is anyone else having Swagbucks rewards not being delivered when they promise ?
  • h15t0r1an wrote: »
    Hi, is anyone experiencing delays in Swagbucks paying out? I did 2 orders for rewards 5 minutes apart. The order numbers were only 3 apart. The first one was paid out very quickly a few weeks ago. I'm still waiting for the second reward ordered at the same time.

I've emailed them 3 times. They have first said you have to wait 15 days (the site says 10 days next to the order confirmation). Now they have "a technical delay". They say their technical team is looking at it and should know more next week and "they might decide to give us the points back so that we can re-order". Next week will be 4 weeks and then we might have to wait another 2-3 weeks versus the originally promised 2 weeks displayed on the site?

I've emailed them that I am happy to re-order, provided they pay out on the replacement order immediately. They haven;t come back to me on that.

In my day job, if a company that owes me money says after a long delay the payment has to be processed again and it will take the full time (that has already been well exceeded), alarm bells are ringing. Is anyone else having Swagbucks rewards not being delivered when they promise ?

Yes, I am having the same issue.
  • h15t0r1an wrote: »

I really don't like Swagbucks and I'm not surprised you are having reward problems.

It is full of annoying pop ups and messages about browsers being out of date. It keeps asking you to download toolbars for searches. Watching videos for bucks is a joke. Playing games is even worse.

Forumites are going mad for it but I don't want to have to sort out my computer with all the downloads and bloatware that comes with Swagbucks.

If people like it and have earned mega bucks then great I don't have a problem with that. It is just not for me.

I use newvistalive which pays out regularly a £50 cheque about every 6 mths or so.

I got invited to join e-rewards and I'm averaging about £5 in nectar points every 4 weeks or so. Sometimes quicker, depends on survey availability.

Both of these companies pay out the rewards and I'm sticking with them.
    Former MSE user - I don't post on MSE anymore, or respond to PMs. I would like to be able to officially set profile to "former user" which would be helpful as it seems you can never leave MSE - just choose not to use it!
  • Hi I've recently been using a website called callforparticipants.com. I was sent an email about it from my friend who is doing postgraduate research. Its mostly students advertising their research for uni projects but there is no sign up needed and you can earn cash and things like amazon vouchers without waiting for any threshold payments. You get to self select too so no annoying eliminations after pages of form filling :T
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback