Santander Refer a Friend

Comments

• wizzywig27
    wizzywig27 Posts: 1,536 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    colsten wrote: »
    why not? You need to complete the switch and submit your claim by June 18. Plenty of time to do this.

Thank you, it was just the section of the T&C's that said it is expected to run until 18th May (or words to that effect)
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,683 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    wizzywig27 wrote: »
    Thank you, it was just the section of the T&C's that said it is expected to run until 18th May (or words to that effect)

That's the issuing of codes, not the switching.
  • wizzywig27
    wizzywig27 Posts: 1,536 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Zanderman wrote: »
    That's the issuing of codes, not the switching.

Thank you for clarifying :beer:
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,965 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    It's early yet, but for the soon-to-be last minuters...

Tuesday 18th June is last day to submit claim for Santander switching raf incentives.

Switch must be completed, followed by the claim submission albeit it can be the same day IME.

CASS takes 7 working days.

To be safe maybe you need to complete the switch Monday 17th June.

If the day you request the switch process to start 'immediately' isn't counted in your 7 working? ... maybe not if late in the day... :

Fri 7th = 1st working day; Mon- Fri, 10-15th =2-6th; Mon 17th=7th

So, ignoring day of switch request and day of completion, last day for initiating safe switch is Thursday 6th June.

Including initiation & same completion day claim, drop dead date is Monday 10th June.

All assumes it doesn't get rejected by your 'releasing' bank.
  • youngretired
    youngretired Posts: 581 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Seems odd how they are issuing vouchers. We've received 3 referrers but no referees yet. Dates are for switches completed on the 30/4 (my switch - husband received), 1/5 (brother-in-law switch - I received) and 8/5 (my switch - brother-in-law received). So I'm involved in all, but 1 that I recommended and sister switched on the 3/5 hasn't been received!

Very ODD, all seems random!
  • Seems odd how they are issuing vouchers. We've received 3 referrers but no referees yet. Dates are for switches completed on the 30/4 (my switch - husband received), 1/5 (brother-in-law switch - I received) and 8/5 (my switch - brother-in-law received). So I'm involved in all, but 1 that I recommended and sister switched on the 3/5 hasn't been received!

Very ODD, all seems random!

Were those codes received today?

sparkie
  • movingon
    movingon Posts: 533 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Yes, We have received referrer codes today, but no applicant codes
  • youngretired
    youngretired Posts: 581 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Yes all received today and the missing 3/5 for sister referral has just come through, so now we're all just waiting for the actual switchers vouchers.
  • Jakg
    Jakg Posts: 2,265 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    If you had thought of it, would you have gone ahead though? I didn't, for two reasons; firstly for fear of incurring their wrath if I was accused of abusing it, but mainly because there was no rush, despite being late to the party myself.

BTW, why limit yourself to only 5 switches?
    Jakg wrote: »
    I've seen reported that Santander only allow 5 accounts open at a time.

I have 5 and tried to open the 6th and it was rejected.

The 4th & 5th were referred, but were opened after a phone call.
    colsten wrote: »
    You don't need more than 1 Santander account to make multiple switches. The only "advantage" of opening new accounts is that you can request the switch online, whilst you have to call them to request a switch into an existing account. As several people have already reported, and as I can confirm from my own experience, these calls are very quick and painless.
    Your right, I misread the query. I thought I'd gone over the T&Cs pretty closely but missed there's no limit. Now started my 6th!
    Nothing I say represents any past, present or future employer.
  • Sea_Shell
    Sea_Shell Posts: 9,348 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    So ... who's going to claim the prize for the most vouchers successfully claimed? Won't be us, we're only doing 4 each!! Not hardcore enough!!!

Any advance on 8? (Although we haven't actually had them yet!!)
    How's it going, AKA, Nutwatch? - 12 month spends to date = 2.31% of current retirement "pot" (as at end March 2024)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure