IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPS parking charge notice letter

Hi im a Newbie in receipt of 1st PCN ( parking charge Notice - letter )
Received a letter on 20.05.19 - it says the driver is liable to pay a £100 charge for breaching terms & conditions of of signage. ( letter includes photo of car stopped with passenger still in car and another photo of signage >blurry but say private land- Terms & conditions- No stopping or parking at any time- parking charge £100. and small print . The letter goes on to say
Discounted to £60 if paid within 14 days of issue ( 17.05.19.)
Keeper details requested from DVLA (through reasonable cause criteria of pursuing an outstanding parking charge )
reason for issue of pcn: parking in No Parking area / Obstructive parking.
the creditor now request payment , If your not the driver you may notify us of the name/address using form attached & pass this notice to the driver.
If after 28 days of notice> no payment /no driver details >we have have the right to recover from the keeper . via debt recovery agent which may escalate to court proceedings.

My question is do i ignore & wait for debt collector threats ? or do i send them a letter as registered keeper , withhold drivers details, saying im not paying as im not liable as im the registered keeper?
please advice - thankyou

Comments

• Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,162
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    abraphanpy wrote: »
    Hi im a Newbie
    Then there is the perfect place for your, called the NEWBIE thread, one click back, third post down, where you will find the advice to send the appeal written in BLUE text.
    If your not the driver you ............
    Did they really say that or have you perhaps copied it wrongly?
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite

My question is do i ignore & wait for debt collector threats ?

You will find thee answer in the stickies/FAQs.

Nine times out of ten these tickets are scams so complain to your MP.

Parliament is well aware of the MO of these private parking companies, and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, persistent offenders denied access to the DVLA database and unable to operate.

Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers, but until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.

l
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,155
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    As mentioned already, read the sticky thread for NEWBIES then send the appeal template from the keeper in blue text you will find there.

Please confirm the full name of the PPC as there are two with the same initials.
    My question is do i ignore

The advice to ignore has not been given here since the law changed in 2012.
    & wait for debt collector threats ?

Post 4 of the NEBIES tells you what to do about debt crawlers.
    or do i send them a letter as registered keeper , withhold drivers details, saying im not paying as im not liable as im the registered keeper?
    please advice - thankyou

The keeper may be liable so they need to appeal.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • abraphanpy
    abraphanpy Posts: 7 Forumite
    [QUOTE=Please confirm the full name of the PPC as there are two with the same initials.
    [/QUOTE]

the company is UKPS Ltd , the letter /Notice has a logo which for IPC & says ''operating in accordance with the international parking community's code of practice''
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,634
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    OK so read any other IPC thread and the NEWBIES thread. No appeal works, no-one pays, and these scams are beaten at court stage so keep all the letters in case, and tell them if you move house.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure