Lifetime ISAs guide

Options

Comments

• Alexland
    Alexland Posts: 9,653 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It's no problem if you and your partner have LISAs wth different providers as your solicitor would have to process separate withdrawal paperwork for each LISA anyway - it just means they will need to work with both providers.
  • snowqueen555
    snowqueen555 Posts: 1,521 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Still waiting for my bonus with Hargreaves Lansdown
  • SalarySlave
    SalarySlave Posts: 91 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Still waiting for my bonus with Hargreaves Lansdown
    Yep me too. I Am looking to buy a house soon, so I find myself checking this account to see if the bonus has arrived. I am waiting over a month now, but I guess its because of the start of the tax year, most people made the large deposit.
  • pff
    pff Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi all,

Just wondering what happens if you have a LISA but then when it comes to trying to make that first time house purchase you get turned down for a mortgage? If you took the money out under those circumstances would you then get the same penalties as if you just decided to withdraw the money for something else? I could understand losing the bonus, but the penalty seems a little harsh when you've done everything in good faith. It's a real concern for me as I'm self-employed on a low income so I don't know how great my chances are for a mortgage and want to understand this better before putting money into a LISA.

Thank you!
  • sully1311
    sully1311 Posts: 380 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You wouldn’t request to withdraw funds until you have it approved? My understanding of it anyway.
  • snowqueen555
    snowqueen555 Posts: 1,521 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yep me too. I Am looking to buy a house soon, so I find myself checking this account to see if the bonus has arrived. I am waiting over a month now, but I guess its because of the start of the tax year, most people made the large deposit.

I remember last year I got it in the first month :(
  • P1Fanatic
    P1Fanatic Posts: 341 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Also waiting for bonus with H&L after paying in on April 6th. But they do say it can take 5-9 weeks.
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    P1Fanatic wrote: »
    Also waiting for bonus with H&L after paying in on April 6th. But they do say it can take 5-9 weeks.

The bonus period runs from 6th of a month to the 5th of the following month so the bonus won't even be claimed until after 5th May. Then it will be paid by the government in late May and credited soon after.
  • informer365
    Options
    So i recently got a LISA from Foresters.

They sent me a leaflet saying they support members with things like grants for professional qualifications etc.

Has anyone used these services?
  • Alexland
    Alexland Posts: 9,653 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    So i recently got a LISA from Foresters.

They sent me a leaflet saying they support members with things like grants for professional qualifications etc.

Has anyone used these services?

I wouldn't imagine many forum regulars use Foresters given their 1.5% fee which is over double the cost of a LISA from Hargreaves Lansdown or AJ Bell YouInvest invested in a good mixed asset fund. They even make easy Nutmeg look cheap. Still if you can find a way to claim these additional grants it might be worthwhile.

Alex
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure