CMS say I have missed payments?

I got an email come through my CMS account tonight saying they had been informed that I had missed 4 payments of £50.50 starting from the 1-1-2019

They have given me 14 days to let them know why.

In September 2018 they sent me a yearly statement of payments set out for 12 months which was for £210.84 starting from 1-10-18 this was inc some arrears I am currently paying back.

I made 2 payments then I got a letter saying they wanted payments of about £1,200 a month (I have arrears of £10,000) I contacted them about this as it was more than I earn a month.

So they got funny on the phone and went on about didn't I get a statement for the year and I said yes for the next 12 months at £210.84 which inc payments towards arrears of about £60 a month

She went away came back didn't explain why it went to £1,200 a month and just said to me well the min payment we can do today is £250 a month. So I asked the reasons for this considering they had just sent me a statement for the year based on my earnings. She just got her back up with me and told me to wait for a letter to come before I change any payment detials.

It was left at that and I logged in later that evening to my account and sent a private message from my account saying I wasn't happy with the increased payment when they had already done that 2 months before hand in my yearly statement.

I didn't hear anything but noticed my account over the 2 weeks change every 24 hours from having to pay £210.84 a month to £261.50. I contacted them about this via PM again on my account as it didn't make sense and the £261.50 wasn't the amount we had agreed.

We are nearly 5 months on from that PM and this letter that was coming to me never came by which looking at my account the last time I logged in 4 months ago was for £210.84.

Tonight when I log in it's back to £261.50 showing that payment via standing order should have been made for that.

The only letters I can find on my account is the 2018-2019 yearly statement of £210.84

The letter I got 2 months later for the 12 month break down of £1,200 a month

The letter they sent me today for the missed £50.50 payements.

They is no letter which they usuually send by post and on my account that states £250 a month break down.

What do I do at this stage? Should I call them or write to them?

I can only assume all calls are recorded? I just want to call and go all guns but I know they;ll just get there back up with me.

Comments

• BAFE
    BAFE Posts: 270 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I got an email come through my CMS account tonight saying they had been informed that I had missed 4 payments of £50.50 starting from the 1-1-2019

They have given me 14 days to let them know why.

Have you missed 4 payments of £50.50?
  • Grey_Critic
    Grey_Critic Posts: 1,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    How are the payments made?
  • Gavin78
    Gavin78 Posts: 256 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I gave them a call...and managed to sort this.

My statement for 2018-2019 was for £210.84 starting Oct 2018 I made one payment and they sent another statement for the same period only they wanted £1200 a month.

This was a mistake but she came back to me on the phone and wanted a min payment of £250 I was told not to change anything till a letter came to me. I heard nothing for 2 weeks so sent them a personal message via my online account and heard nothing for about a further 2 weeks.

However I noticed on my online account there was payments set out for £261.50 but not letter just a front page statement set out for 12 months.However this kept changing every other day to £210.84 the next day it would say £261.50 and so forth.

I sent them another message and still heard nothing back.

So I left my rounded up payments at £211 via standing order or direct pay as they call it.

I heard nothing for 4 months till yesterday which stated they had been informed 4 payments of £50.50 had been missed which = £261.50

This didn't add up to what my account said.

I called them today and they said they had forgot to add the letter to my account and it was my ex that got a letter but wasn't sure why it was set at £261.50 and agreed with me that it should have been £250.

She also said actually in May it's going to change to £258.17 but didn't know why.

I told her I can't keep track of my finances if it changes randomly like this and you don't tell me. I said to her what is the point of giving a payment plan for 12 months of you don't actually stick to this.

She agreed with me that it needs looking into further.

The call ended up with me upping the amount to £261.50 in order to avoid further arrears adding to my account.

It was mistakes like this that ended up me being 10k in debt with them in the first place.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure