Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 8th Jan 19, 5:52 PM
    • 6,029Posts
    • 20,953Thanks
    missymoo81
    Missy, Roo and May Stretching out every last penny whilst drowning in Budgets, groceries & laundry!
    • 8th Jan 19, 5:52 PM
    Missy, Roo and May Stretching out every last penny whilst drowning in Budgets, groceries & laundry! 8th Jan 19 at 5:52 PM
    Hi!

I thought it was definitely time for a new adventure. I'm a 30 something mum of 2 small people 5 and 7, I work mostly from home and have a wage that doesn't match my outgoings. Lightbulb was this months rent that I had to put on my CC, which i know is a very slippery slope.

So I am going to use this to keep me motivated and most of all organised, organisation is key for me, as I end up running out of money as I spend on expensive things for convenience due to not planning ahead enough, like getting petrol from an expensive garage as i haven't got it sooner from the supermarket, or having to pop to the co op as its the closest supermarket as I haven't planned a head enough for meals and consequently pay twice as much for things.I think I'm entitled to some sort of tax credits/universal credits but I'm the worst self sabotager and get most of the way through the application and end up having to do something else and not finishing it!! I've also got lots of things to eBay which are just sitting there. I know, I know, I annoy myself!!!!

I've come from being married and having more money than sense, to being divorced and having no money, so I'm on a big learning curve!

I have a rotten cold at the moment, so not going into work but have done lots of emails and messages from home. But I have done 2 loads of washing, been to Lidl, put a stew in the slow cooker, tidied up a little, dropped some food off to OH and done yet more work.

I will write an SOA soon, but for now I'm spending as little as possible.

Achievements today since LB moment. I didn't buy a costalot coffee, I actually remembered my bags for Lidls (small steps), and i substituted beef for chicken in the stew I've put in the slow cooker which has saved me nearly £2. I also paid for my whole shop in £1 coins!

I bugeted £30 for shopping and paid £29.58, didn't get jam though as Lidl don't seem to do a basics one. I will definitely need to do at least one more shop this week. I'll probably do one on Thursday when youngest is at Rainbows. I've got chicken for stew for tonight, Fajitas for tomorrow and curry for friday, but need to get something for Thursday, maybe Chilli.... We tend to eat toast, porridge or egg sandwiches for breakfast, I struggle with healthy lunches, but children get free school meals and dinner is usually something high in protein.

Anyway now I'm rambling.....I hope you can come along on this journey with me. I love to read others diaries too as it really helps me stay motivated.

Anyway speak soon

Much love

Missy x
Page 8
    • teafor2
    • By teafor2 19th Jan 19, 3:27 PM
    • 1,588 Posts
    • 12,216 Thanks
    teafor2
    Hi Missy, how are the little ones doing? The tepid bath is a good idea and do you have a fan you can put on? We were told by our GP to take DS to A&E when he was a toddler his temperature was so high. Very scary indeed, but all they did was strip him and put a fan on him. It felt really cruel because he was shivering so much bless him, my instinct was to cover him up. Hope they start to improve. You must be exhuasted with it all. x
    • jwil
    • By jwil 20th Jan 19, 11:16 AM
    • 10,474 Posts
    • 36,849 Thanks
    jwil
    I have a spray in the bathroom and a spray in the kitchen, then bleach for the floors/toilet.

I also have a bottle of Zoflora on the go.

Hope you are all better today. My DD has a raging temp and been sick once too
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 20th Jan 19, 1:10 PM
    • 6,029 Posts
    • 20,953 Thanks
    missymoo81
    Not feeling it today, BF is in a foul mood. I’m all over emotional as I’m tired as had 2 hours sleep. BF has told me to go to sleep when the children sleep tonight which is all good and well but I don’t feel like I’ve seen him all week due to everyone being poorly. And he gave me right tough love about it and then proceeded to clean as that’s his OCD. And now we’re really late for going to the beach which I thought would be a good way to clear out the cobwebs. I’ve been to Lidl this morning and was in an awful frame of mind and bought myself costa too, as was trying to get the children to drink eat anything and they managed a babycinno and flake so that was good, obv not at all healthy but since I have managed to get them to eat an oat cake, so in total I have spent £47. Wondering why I bother. Roo is completely better and May is on the mend.

Really not happy ��
    • teafor2
    • By teafor2 20th Jan 19, 1:44 PM
    • 1,588 Posts
    • 12,216 Thanks
    teafor2
    Sounds like you're having one of those days Missy The main thing is the children are on the mend.

BF seems to have your best interests at heart and I'm sure the time you spend together will be better if you're not falling asleep on him.

You just have to write some days off with money and life in general so don't be too hard on yourself. It's the beginning of a new week tomorrow so a good time to start over.

Try and make the most of what's left of today. Hope you get to the beach. x
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 20th Jan 19, 4:59 PM
    • 6,029 Posts
    • 20,953 Thanks
    missymoo81
    Thanks teafor2. Just worried BF isn’t going to stick around....
    • teafor2
    • By teafor2 20th Jan 19, 5:57 PM
    • 1,588 Posts
    • 12,216 Thanks
    teafor2
    Oh no, sorry to hear you feel like that. It must be hard being a mum and also being a partner especially if it's a fairly new relationship. Hope you can work things out. Have you spoken to him about how you feel. Maybe you're just over-tired and are thinking things that haven't even crossed his mind. x
    • SpekySquarehead
    • By SpekySquarehead 21st Jan 19, 7:40 AM
    • 2,532 Posts
    • 21,298 Thanks
    SpekySquarehead
    Sounds like you're having one of those days Missy The main thing is the children are on the mend.

BF seems to have your best interests at heart and I'm sure the time you spend together will be better if you're not falling asleep on him.

You just have to write some days off with money and life in general so don't be too hard on yourself. It's the beginning of a new week tomorrow so a good time to start over.

Try and make the most of what's left of today. Hope you get to the beach. x
    Originally posted by teafor2
    Very well said.

I hope today's a better day for you and the family. We all have them sort of days, remember.
    Debt Free Date: 29/09/16

Follow my diary HERE
    • jwil
    • By jwil 21st Jan 19, 10:08 AM
    • 10,474 Posts
    • 36,849 Thanks
    jwil
    Glad the kids are better. Hope you and OH managed to sort things out and hope you slept better last night xx
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 29th Jan 19, 6:43 PM
    • 3,698 Posts
    • 35,070 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Hope you're okay Missy

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
    • MissShoes
    • By MissShoes 29th Jan 19, 9:03 PM
    • 1,262 Posts
    • 1,876 Thanks
    MissShoes
    Just caught up on the new diary. Keep on keeping on.

Shoes x
    DFD 4th July 2015 Happy Independence Day
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 4th Mar 19, 12:09 PM
    • 6,029 Posts
    • 20,953 Thanks
    missymoo81
    I’ll reply shortly with an update, unfortunately it’s worse than ever
    • SpekySquarehead
    • By SpekySquarehead 5th Mar 19, 7:36 AM
    • 2,532 Posts
    • 21,298 Thanks
    SpekySquarehead
    Hey missy,

Hope everythings ok.
    Debt Free Date: 29/09/16

Follow my diary HERE
    • jwil
    • By jwil 5th Mar 19, 2:00 PM
    • 10,474 Posts
    • 36,849 Thanks
    jwil
    Hope everything's ok xx
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 5th Mar 19, 4:23 PM
    • 6,029 Posts
    • 20,953 Thanks
    missymoo81
    So sorry didn’t mean to post and be all dramatic and run. Basically ina. Nutshell situation is as it was but having buried my head in the sand for the past 4 weeks and done nothing, I am now short on rent and literally have no money. What is worse is that OH is in the same boat and instead of taking money from the business to pay for the shortfall, the business now has no money to give so we truly are at rock bottom. OH has taken it particularly badly and was up all night worrying. We’ve got some ideas but not sure they will come about in time for the rent to come out. Basically my divorce money should have been through but I misunderstood the process and it won’t be through for another 3 months at least.... hence the position. I’ve just been through my jewellery which I have been holding off on selling but needs must. I’ve got some Tesco vouchers to use for food but that won’t last long and I have only a little fuel in the car. I have had to spend money I don’t have out of my account on food today which came to £20. I just don’t know what to do. If there was a head in hands emoji I would be using it.
    • jwil
    • By jwil 5th Mar 19, 6:53 PM
    • 10,474 Posts
    • 36,849 Thanks
    jwil
    Sorry to hear things are tight How long is it until you've got some money coming in again? Did you have any luck with UC?

Have you got anything you can list on eBay/FB to get some pennies in quickly?
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 5th Mar 19, 7:21 PM
    • 3,698 Posts
    • 35,070 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Sorry things are still tight Missy

Did you sort your universal credit? If your earnings are lower they should pay more shouldn't they? That's the difference with UC to benefits before that they work on the months income rather than yearly?

Hope you manage to sort something

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,701Posts Today

6,572Users online

Martin's Twitter